Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HIX Grover Beach ( Pismo Beach ) no hot water, no broadband

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:31 am
Original Poster

HIX no hot water, no broadband

So I had 2 separate stays at Holiday Inn Express last week, and on the 2nd stay, I didn't check in until 10pm. After I had went to my room, I discovered there was no broadband. According to the front desk, there was some kind of power outage, even though everything else was functioning. I thought to myself, how come they didn't bother to inform the guests when they were checking in. oh well, couldn't check my work email that night.

Next morning, I found out there was no hot water, and as I had a meeting that morning, I did not have the time to call the front desk and ask to be switched to a different room. I stopped by the front desk when I was checking out to inform them of the situation. The front desk personnel was apologetic and promised that I would receive come kind of compensation.

Well, I checked my account today and it looks like they deposited 1,000 points into my account.

Now, is this a fair compensation? Considering that it costs 25,000 points for 1 free night, I believe 1,000 points is no way sufficient for lack of hot water and broadband.

Or am I asking too much?

Last edited by corrad; Feb 13, 2009 at 6:53 am
Old Feb 13, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Broadband alone - maybe. But no hot water -- that's bad...
Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No hot water should be worth at least 50% off the room rate.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: UA, DL
Originally Posted by soitgoes
No hot water should be worth at least 50% off the room rate.
I agree. 1,000 points is a joke.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 2:36 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
This is a very timely post as I was about to book the HIX GVB for a trip next week. I normally stay at the HIX SLO due to the walking access to town but the rest of my group wanted to stay closer to the office. This post has helped make the decision not to stay at the GVB HIX and book the SLO HIX as I usually do.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Few years ago I had a 3-4 night stay at a HI and found no hot water in one morning due to some maintenance problem. The hotel made one night complimentary on my bill and 5,000 points to my PC account. I think it is not so bad.

I would call that an insult by giving you 1,000 pts. If I were you, I would for sure contact Priority Club Guest Relations to address the issue.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by corrad
HIX no hot water, no broadband
any bed?

Maybe the next step for IC The Barclay's NYC to cut costs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.