Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I've just blown the 'keep silent' route by contacting the Service Centre. They are contacting the hotel for me and will call me back later.

I have no problem with not having benefit with my first night which is a points night, and I will also not arrive until 21.30.

I do believe that I am entitled to alcoholic beverages for the remainder of my stay.

I want my first RA stay to be a good one!
Good luck and let us know what they all have to say about this. Then we finally may have an official policy...
Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I've just had my easter stay confirmed to a Exec River Suite, so that's a positive.

However, the front office has said that I am only entitled to non alcoholic drinks from the minibar as an RA whether on a paid or points stay! Surely this isn't right? What are your experience guys?

I was told the mini-bar policy change only applied to reward nights. On a paid stay the manager told me all the alcohol would be free.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:02 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by stimpy
And which Hyatt will you be staying at in Amsterdam? Hmm? That's why I am no longer Diamond with Hyatt (well that and the fact that they stopped comping me to Diamond). I travel full time, yet rarely near a Hyatt. And when I am, in a city like Paris, Hyatt is too expensive compared to the IC and Starwood hotels.

And most IC's give me club access so I do get free breakfast and I also get free Internet at most IC's these days.
Obviously no Hyatt in AMS
I did outline in my above post the hotels I have currently considered instead happily
GP Diamond is a breeze to earn especially with low cost Hyatts and Hyatt Places
With double stay credit various times throught the year it is the easiest earned status ever IMO.
And exceptionally rewarding with superb treatment for award or revenue rooms globally.
In any program if you are value concious staying in any expensive city buy at low rates and redeem high
Never a problem for me.

GP points value have held up better then any program in history
Hyatt offered Next Big Thing for unlimited free nights in any category hotels last year.They are still letting members redeem through June
PC can't compare promotionally in my own experience.........

Unless a mini bar means the world to you.My own experience typically and with some exceptions there are a few waters and cokes and thats about all there is besides 2 small bottles of wine and miniatures.Its not like an amazing selection

Now with the change to bogos and award night reduced or removal of perks I can't think of a better time to be an Ambassador.Should I get another referral next year I will be happy to give it away.PC has lost its punch for me
Hopefully PBs will restore the faith if they aren't over with their enhancement program
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Free internet or wifi?

Hi

Is there free internet in the room, or wifi in a public area at this hotel?

I've looked here http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco..._-AMBEN-_-BMBM and the hotel isn't listed.

What is your experience here?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 6:55 pm

Hi

I've looked here http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco..._-AMBEN-_-BMBM and the hotel isn't listed.

That they charge double or triple for anything on property that isn't a pre established program benefit or in rate plan.
Perhaps some can share all the complimentary amenities here

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Mar 25, 2010 at 9:27 am
Old Mar 25, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Hi

It's not free unless you get a room with a leak and then most things becomes free

You do have to pay for internet access at the Amstel. Can't remember exactly how much it was, but it wasn't cheap, something like €20+ for 24 hours IIRC.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Hi

As far as I remember "the usual" 24.95 €/ day (iBahn). But I'm not absolutely sure...

Edit: Well, now I am sure
Internet Access
High Speed Internet Access
* Initial Fee: €25.00 (EUR)
Wireless Data Connection
* Initial Fee: €25.00 (EUR)
Old Mar 25, 2010, 4:41 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, IC Platinum RA, Emirates Gold, BA Silver
Business Centre

When I stayed last year, internet on the 2 PCs in the Business Centre (located behind their welcome desk just off the reception area) was completely free. I hope this is still available.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:33 am

For those that are interested in SPG and the Pulitzer in Amsterdam it is interesting to note that the Starwood mangement personally posted here on Flyertalk that all SPG Platinum members will receive complimentary breakfast at every stay and free internet/wifi ^
When I add that I prefer the location I am treated the same on points or revenue for all benefits its a no brainer
Having stayed there for many years I was shocked when I heard this.I will be returning for certain now/Along with 4 PM checkout it is just about all I am seeking
Even though the IC Amstel rooms/bathrooms even not renovated still hold the edge.If they renovated I would probably lose the benefits and still return to the Amstel
Old Mar 25, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
For those that are interested in SPG and the Pulitzer in Amsterdam it is interesting to note that the Starwood mangement personally posted here on Flyertalk that all SPG Platinum members will receive complimentary breakfast at every stay and free internet/wifi ^
When I add that I prefer the location I am treated the same on points or revenue for all benefits its a no brainer
Having stayed there for many years I was shocked when I heard this.I will be returning for certain now/Along with 4 PM checkout it is just about all I am seeking
Even though the IC Amstel rooms/bathrooms even not renovated still hold the edge.If they renovated I would probably lose the benefits and still return to the Amstel
I have been staying at the Pulitzer for over a decade and I know it very well. It is NOT a luxury hotel. It is a weak business class hotel in terms of its services and many of the staff. At the Amstel, you won't find that you cannot use the concierge or ship anything during the 2 hour lunch window.

The Pulitzer has some very neat suites, but they stopped upgrading Platinum members to those suites a few years ago. The Amstel still upgrades RA's to excellent suites so for me it is a no-brainer IF the Amstel isn't priced out of range.

Free internet and breakfast is nice for some, but I don't eat breakfast (unless I am jet lagged) and work pays for the Internet regardless.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I have been staying at the Pulitzer for over a decade and I know it very well. It is NOT a luxury hotel. It is a weak business class hotel in terms of its services and many of the staff. At the Amstel, you won't find that you cannot use the concierge or ship anything during the 2 hour lunch window.

The Pulitzer has some very neat suites, but they stopped upgrading Platinum members to those suites a few years ago. The Amstel still upgrades RA's to excellent suites so for me it is a no-brainer IF the Amstel isn't priced out of range.

Free internet and breakfast is nice for some, but I don't eat breakfast (unless I am jet lagged) and work pays for the Internet regardless.
Thanks for the post and feedback I would like to speak with the Sheraton area manager about that perception or fact and ask a few other Platinum members if that has been the case for them as well
Old Mar 25, 2010, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
and ask a few other Platinum members if that has been the case for them as well
You have only to scan the property thread in the SPG forum. Of course I would separate the people who have only stayed once or twice against the people who have many stays.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:42 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
I noticed that most of the comments are from RAs. I'm a PC Plat and SPG Gold, looking at the pros and cons of Amstel vs. Pulitzer.

Any info would be appreciated on what I can expect as a PC Plat on an award stay.

Also, any ideas on the Crowne Plaza ? There doesn't seem to be a link to that in the IC hotel master thread.

Exec lounge/breakfast is sort of important to me. I am also a Hilton Diamond and would rather be closer to town, even though I would get that benefit at the Hilton.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you search, there are probably over a hundred posts on the Crowne Plaza. It is the only one with a lounge, but the lounge really isn't that super. The best lounge in town, IMO, is at the airport Sheraton.

As for Pulitzer versus Amstel, to me they are in two different leagues. The Amstel is real luxury and hosts the top people in town. The Pulitzer is a level below and hosts a lot of American and other Euro tourists and some businesspeople. The Pulitzer is a fine hotel, especially if you book a suite. But nowhere near the level of the Amstel.

One alternative is the Sofitel. It is better than the Pulitzer, but not as good as the Amstel.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 12:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
What type of room is 107? I booked a 1 KING BED EXECUTIVE CITY VIEW, and they put me in 107 (no view of anything nice at all lol) and I don't know if I got an upgrade or not.

Got a welcome letter, which was addressed to another guest.

Multiple lights aren't working and blown. Won't be staying here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.