Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Government Rate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, SPG Platinum, National Executive
Quick question, if anyone has any insight. After booking two rooms at Govt rate (same reservation), I noticed buried in the rate rules, there is a limit of 1 per night. I understand technically against the rate rules, but I'm wondering how strictly enforced this is, especially since I have two rooms on the same reservation.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No way to answer that without the name of the property.

As you have pointed out, you are violating the rate rules and it will be solely up to the specific property whether it chooses to permit what you have done or what rate you will be offered if you show up at check-in and the rack rate is 7-8x the government rate.

Whatever may have happened at any other property is irrelevant.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
No way to answer that without the name of the property.

As you have pointed out, you are violating the rate rules and it will be solely up to the specific property whether it chooses to permit what you have done or what rate you will be offered if you show up at check-in and the rack rate is 7-8x the government rate.

Whatever may have happened at any other property is irrelevant.
Lol. There is no way to answer it with the name of the property, either, but nice try

I made it clear I was already well aware of everything you point out. I was simply asking for others' experience.

Also, snickering at the "permit what you have done" comment. I think you meant, "permit what the reservation system offered you".

Finally, not real sure what that last comment is supposed to be reference to. When did I say anything about any other property?
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:33 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by UAX_Brasilia
Lol. There is no way to answer it with the name of the property, either, but nice try
Well I use government rates all the time so perhaps I could comment back with my own experience there if you did provide the property. Any chance you care to share?
Often1 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL

I made it clear I was already well aware of everything you point out. I was simply asking for others' experience.

Also, snickering at the "permit what you have done" comment. I think you meant, "permit what the reservation system offered you".

Finally, not real sure what that last comment is supposed to be reference to. When did I say anything about any other property?
No, I meant exactly what I said.

It does not change the problem you face one bit that you were able to book the two rooms. Even moreso, because you admit that it is a fraud (at least in the US). Best of luck arguing that one with some random front desk clerk.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by EdV
Well I use government rates all the time so perhaps I could comment back with my own experience there if you did provide the property. Any chance you care to share?
I can assure you giving the name of the property wouldn't be helpful.

But I can take from this that your experience is you have used government rates to secure more than a single room per night. Thanks!
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Often1
No, I meant exactly what I said.

It does not change the problem you face one bit that you were able to book the two rooms. Even moreso, because you admit that it is a fraud (at least in the US). Best of luck arguing that one with some random front desk clerk.
Where is the fraud? Do you know what fraud means?
chrisny2 likes this.

Last edited by UAX_Brasilia; Aug 13, 2019 at 11:17 am
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:44 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
I can assure you giving the name of the property wouldn't be helpful.

But I can take from this that your experience is you have used government rates to secure more than a single room per night. Thanks!
Well it would be helpful as if I've stayed there I could tell you or not if I've stayed there (or my colleagues) and what our experience specifically there had been. Infer what you want but I never specifically said that I have used gov rates to secure more than one night. I was speaking more to my experiences in general (how strict they are, what ID they ask for, etc). Any reason you care not to share to get more specific info?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.