Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bucharest Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:31 am

Hello everyone, quick bump to this thread to try and get a feel for how my progress compares to anyone else's.

I've a reward reservation at the IC Bucharest for this weekend. I emailed ahead to confirm what RA benefits apply and was told that the hotel stick rigidly to the published T&Cs (No upgrade, no minibar, no Pay TV or early checkin) and that Club access would be an extra €55.

That being said, I've since checked my booking at have presently been upgraded to a Junior Suite, contrary to what was said to me.

Since the junior suite ordinarily includes club access I'm reluctant to volunteer to pay the extra, instead waiting to see if I can get in anyway, assuming I keep the upgrade. I also wonder what the interpretation of the reception staff will be of the rules - and whether other benefits may apply, contrary to what I was told.

Does anyone else have recent experience here, ideally on a reward night? Did anyone contact the hotel and get conflicting information?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would not pay 55 EUR for club access in Bucharest- my goodness, you will find that much money difficult to spend for dinner much less a couple of free cocktails and apetizers!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:47 am

Well you obviously haven't met my wife

OK, Duly noted - won't pay for Club. That said, is 30EUR sensible for a car from the airport? Seems to be that or the bus - but that means cash, which in turn means relying on the ATM to work, and as we're flying in to Baneasa my understanding is there's every chance it won't!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I was there about 1 1/2 years ago, the Lounge food is decent with great customer service. We went with a Hotel Car and we did have occasional troubles with ATMs on our trip to Bucharest.

sdcarver
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:25 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
The city bus is route 783. You buy a round trip ticket at the booth that is at the end of the sidewalk on the right as you exit the airport - it was 5 lei when I was there last summer. There are two ATMs in the terminal for local currency, although I actually only found one. The currency exchange booths are outrageous, so avoid them.

They have time-stamping machines on the bus that you insert the ticket into, so you can get on in the middle of the bus. If you are arriving late afternoon, be prepared for a packed bus and a long stop-and-start trip to the IC. If it's a weekend or non-rush hour, it will take about 50-60 minutes to the IC. The IC one of the tallest buildings downtown, so you should see it coming up on the left just before the stop Piata Universitatii. My one-night stay there was fine.

No visa required for US citizens.

Here's a useful link.
Now 2 rides costs 7 Lei.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 5:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
I'm in the lounge at the IC Bucharest right now. I must say I am puzzled by the reviews as I am finding the hotel to be a solid IC experience. The lounge is beautiful and the service is great. The outside of the building is, admittedly, in the '70's brutalist motif, but no worse than, say, the Hilton in Mayfair.

I booked a deluxe room and that's what I received -- they said all suites are sold out this weekend, so they lowered the price on my room. Fair enough. RA gift was a small bottle of decently drinkable wine. The deluxe club room is fairly large by European standards, with a small balcony overlooking the city. Mini bar has two Chivas, two vodka, four beers (Carlsberg and Ursus), and a variety of soft drinks and water. Room service was pretty inexpensive and quick. Staff all speak fair to very good English and seem eager to please. Location can't be beat. All in all, it's pretty much a decent IC experience, especially given that the price was pretty reasonable, downright inexpensive for European IC's.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Casimir
I must say I am puzzled by the reviews as I am finding the hotel to be a solid IC experience. All in all, it's pretty much a decent IC experience, especially given that the price was pretty reasonable, downright inexpensive for European IC's.
IC Bucharest is certainly not the best hotel in the world, but service is good, location very central, club lounge very pleasant
And yes the building is horrible and rooms need renovation
Old Jun 27, 2010, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
If you don't need the stays to fulfill some promos/make RA, etc I'd say the Marriott is a far better choice in Bucharest. The IC is OK, the Marriott is excellent.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
You can now see the newly renovated club rooms at IC Bucharest.

Nothing extraordinary, but much better than the old ones.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If you don't need the stays to fulfill some promos/make RA, etc I'd say the Marriott is a far better choice in Bucharest. The IC is OK, the Marriott is excellent.
Hilton Plaza Athenee is a better choice than either Marriott or IC in Bucharest.
Old Feb 4, 2011, 2:07 am

Programs: LH SEN,PC RA PLATINUM ,HH GOLD
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Hilton Plaza Athenee is a better choice than either Marriott or IC in Bucharest.

yeap, but Hilton is double price..
Old Mar 23, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Returning to the IC Bucharest next week with a colleague for 3 nights. Have booked a room with Club access for myself and should be able to guest him in for breakfast and drinks etc. I enjoyed a stay there last July but the pool etc was closed for renovation. I am not clear if hotel guests need to pay for access?
Has anybody any recent feedback on the hotel or any points that I should look out for?
Many thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Returning to the IC Bucharest next week with a colleague for 3 nights. Have booked a room with Club access for myself and should be able to guest him in for breakfast and drinks etc. I enjoyed a stay there last July but the pool etc was closed for renovation. I am not clear if hotel guests need to pay for access?
Has anybody any recent feedback on the hotel or any points that I should look out for?
Many thanks.
I didn't have to pay to use the health-club/pool facilities. The "new" lounge is brilliant.

You might like to book your room as two occupants, then there should be no awkwardness about rocking up with a guest.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Just finished a 3 day stay. Upgraded to a suite with masses of room and huge quantities of Elemis toiletries. My colleague for whom I had booked a room also had an 'upgrade' to a room with a view. No problems accessing the club for both of us (although mine was the only paid club room. Lovely staff, good continental breakfast and evening drinks. Gym equipment in good condition.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm staying in Bucharest one saturday night in June.
The Radisson has some rave reviews on Trip Advisor and the photos certainly look impressive, rooms are only £115 inc. breakfast, or £150 for a business room with lounge access.
The I/C has club rooms (inc. lounge) for €119, so less than £95 with Quidco. Reviews not so good, but this is probably dragged down by reviews before the renovation.
Has anyone stayed at both that could advise?

It is only me staying, so the extra £50 will only benefit me, if I was trying to impress it would be an easier decision!

P.S Only Platinum with ICHG (not amb), so doubtful upgrade chances. Lowly Silver with Raddison, but reasonable chance of upgrade, so I could either hope for upgrade to business room, or potentially I could get upgraded from the business room to something really nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.