Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bucharest Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2007, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
IC Bucharest Master Thread [merged]

Hello! I have read many reviews on IC Bucharest and its very negative, but i cant figure out why... They have a great pool on their roof top and its listed as PointBreaks hotel, so im a bit "suspicious" as RA to book on this Hotel after reading some reviews on this forum, so please give me some "heads-up" for this Hotel please.

Thanks,
RH.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
I stayed there in October, and I have mixed feelings about this hotel. The good thing about it is that it's in the heart of Bucharest (where as the CP is next to the Exhibition Centre, but far away from the centre). And it used to be the tallest building in Bucharest. My room was on the 20th floor, if memory serves me right, and I had a big balcony overlooking the city.

However, the whole building reminded me of faded glory. Quite ugly on the outside, and old-fashioned inside. A refurbishment would be needed, but I guess that this is the same problem that Bucharest has.

Nevertheless, I guess I'd return to the hotel with this promotion. I couldn't find many hotels that looked better than this one.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 7:47 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
Please keep in mind that this is Bucharest.

It would be interesting to see / hear how other hotels in this area are build / updated.
Old Mar 24, 2007, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
Thanks for your opinion! Was the service provided good and how much does their car service cost from Airport?

Thanks,
RH.
Old Mar 26, 2007, 2:25 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Hola, thesimflyer! I guess that the service was good enough, I don't recall any problems with it. And here's what they said when I e-mailed them about the pick-up service (that was October last year, prices may have gone up slightly, and I was arriving at Baneasa Airport, which is a few km. closer to the city than Otopeni):

"As per your request, please be informed that we can assure the pick-up from
the airport either by shuttle bus (which costs Euro 12/person/way; it
leaves the main airport every hour) or by limo taxi (which costs Euro
23/way)."
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates on the car service from OTP...plus any comments on the free wifi for club level guests? How close is it to the city's main sights and shopping?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any updates on the car service from OTP...plus any comments on the free wifi for club level guests? How close is it to the city's main sights and shopping?
The location is good - you can't get more central than that. Be warned though - the shopping is not really that great anywhere in Bucharest. I believe the IC limo service to Otopeni is about 30 Euros (max 40 I'd say).
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is that the most affordable way to get there from the airport? What about taxis or public transportation?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:06 pm

Is that the most affordable way to get there from the airport? What about taxis or public transportation?
No proper train link. Buses not an option. So really either the IC limo or the official OTP taxis (FlyTaxi I think they are called) which will likely be 20-30 Euros to the IC anyway.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr Groggy
No proper train link. Buses not an option. So really either the IC limo or the official OTP taxis (FlyTaxi I think they are called) which will likely be 20-30 Euros to the IC anyway.
Why are buses not an option? Yes, they're slow (especially during rush hour) and are usually crowded, but they go right to the IC, and they're cheap.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Why are buses not an option? Yes, they're slow (especially during rush hour) and are usually crowded, but they go right to the IC, and they're cheap.
I stand corrected then... But do bear in mind these are city buses not some airport shuttle - you'll need to haul your luggage on and off with not a lot of room for manoeuvre. Not sure if they have A/C if anyone is tempted to try them on hot days in the summer so you might cook slowly by the time you reach the city!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ill probably do the airport city bus...sometimes these are the best way to see the city and the culture! Any information on cost and stop would be helpful, thanks so much for your help!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:13 am

Ill probably do the airport city bus...sometimes these are the best way to see the city and the culture! Any information on cost and stop would be helpful, thanks so much for your help!
Please let me know how it is when you go. The hotel have quoted me 50 euro for the limo service, it looks like inflation is rife in Bucharest?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:40 am

See here:

http://www.otp-airport.ro/www/index....ticle?artID=53

Piata Universitatii will be your stop for the IC.
Perhaps you can let us know how it went!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will do! Noticed there is a visa fee for US citizens entering Romania...can you pay by Credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.