Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by wideman
I am often offered this upgrade, but I've learned to politely refuse it. The Junior Suites (the xx01 rooms, IIRC) have a lot going for them: they have a lot of space and an enormous bedroom (though some of that space is the long corridor between the door and the bedroom), and the bathroom is especially big. But the downside for me is that the view of the harbour isn't nearly as good as the views from a deluxe h-v room. The Jr Suite gives me a great view of the Sheraton and the Peninsula, but I prefer the Panasonic sign, tyvm. Unless I need the extra space, I'll take a deluxe room.
This upgrade was to a xx16 room. The view could not have been any better, complete Harbour view through both windows in both directions.

The toilet area of this bathroom was comically small. The only drawback to the room.

Last edited by saaveraward; May 6, 2015 at 9:32 am
Old May 12, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pricesquire

This is by NO means a "luxury hotel"...period. Go here expecting good views, good service, and a good night sleep.

Do not come here expecting a world-class, luxury property. If the location/views weren't as good as they are, I wouldn't stay here.
Couldn't agree more. Spent a free night certificate from Into the Nights as a simple Plat and was allocated a pool view room on a low floor. Was given 2 drink certificates, then couldn't get seats in time to watch the light show. So either be a Royal Ambassador or pay (a lot) for the room you want. If you're used to status benefits, stay elsewhere...

Without a view, it was just a decent room, where you could hear the guests upstairs showering. Once they finished it was a good night's sleep at least.
Old May 12, 2015, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I think it depends on the room you book and your level of status in IC. As an RA who generally ends up with a wonderful suite, this is absolutely a luxury hotel. If it were anywhere in the world other than Hong Kong, it would be one of the top two hotels in town. However the MO, Pen, FS HKG are certainly better.

If I compare the IC HKG to say the FS, Ritz, or MO Singapore, the IC HKG is better overall. At least in my experience.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
I will stay at the IC HKG for 2 nights. I plan to take the K4 shuttle bus to the Sheraton hotel from Kowloon Airport Express station. However, exploring the area aorund the Sheraton on google maps I wonder how I can cross the street to the IC from there? Do I have to enter the MTR station right next to the Sheraton?

I'd appreciate any insights.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyEurope
I will stay at the IC HKG for 2 nights. I plan to take the K4 shuttle bus to the Sheraton hotel from Kowloon Airport Express station. However, exploring the area aorund the Sheraton on google maps I wonder how I can cross the street to the IC from there? Do I have to enter the MTR station right next to the Sheraton?
You could go underground, but much easier to just walk up Nathan road a short way to the crosswalk.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy
You could go underground, but much easier to just walk up Nathan road a short way to the crosswalk.
Thank you! I think I overlooked the crosswalk on google maps. Saw it now!
Old May 13, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have a 4 night stay in September (3 nights b&b with a harbour view and 1 night on points). Is there any benefit to purchase Ambassador status?
Old May 14, 2015, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
I have a 4 night stay in September (3 nights b&b with a harbour view and 1 night on points). Is there any benefit to purchase Ambassador status?
Yes for the BOGO and more. See here https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental.../en/ambassador
Old May 14, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes for the BOGO and more. See here https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental.../en/ambassador
I've already prepaid for the room so the BOGO isn't of value for this trip and more than happy with a harbour view. I'm a Rewards member so I'll get free wifi. The only real benefit I can see is the 4pm check out. Am I missing something?
Old May 14, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
I've already prepaid for the room so the BOGO isn't of value for this trip and more than happy with a harbour view. I'm a Rewards member so I'll get free wifi. The only real benefit I can see is the 4pm check out. Am I missing something?
You *could* get a suite upgrade and Club access, but maybe call the reservation dept to be sure. And the BOGO is for your next IC visit. You'd also get a free movie, newspaper, fruit and probably a bottle of wine, but those alone wouldn't be worth the fee of course.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:50 am

Ambassador Benefits

Thought I would just throw this out here as an update on what to expect for benefits. I'm staying on May 30th using the Chase anniversary night and have Ambassador status. So basically, to upgrade to a deluxe harbour room with club access on a reward night, it would cost about 1636HKD plus 10% per night. Not bad IMO. Granted I've stayed here before so they might be giving me a little bit more of a discount...

Dear Mr xxx,

Thank you for your email.

We are glad to welcome you back with us on 30-31 May, 2015. We would like to inform you that the reward night reservations are applicable for a standard room Intercontinental Superior Room only. Any room upgrade should be subject to the hotel availability to arrange upon arrival. As concerning your Platinum Ambassador membership, we are pleased to confirm the room upgrade to our InterContinental Deluxe Room (plaza view and approximately 450 square feet) for you in advance. And we are pleased to offer a supplement at $600 plus 10% service charge per room per night for our InterContinental Harbour View Room for your consideration. Please advise us your acceptance by return email on or before 22 May in order to amend your booking. At this stage, your booking are remain unchanged until your further notice.

We would like to take this opportunity to introduce our Club InterContinental (our Executive Lounge) which is an exclusive haven for business and leisure, featuring state-of-the-art facilities and personalized business and concierge services in a spacious and luxurious, but private setting. Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$1,480 for double occupancy plus 10% service charge per room per night. As valuing your membership benefit, we are pleased to offer you a very special rate at HKD1,036 plus 10% service charge per night for double occupancy. To reserve, please advise your acceptance in return for advance reservation.

Besides, we would be grateful if you could provide us your arrival time once available for our better room arrangement. We would like to propose our Mercedes Benz at HK$900 plus 10% service charge per car per way (which can comfortably accommodate a maximum of 3 persons plus 3 pieces of regular sized luggage.) from the airport to hotel. Please advise us your acceptance by return in order to proceed with the reservation.

Rest assured that all other details remain unchanged. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

We look forward to hearing your favorable reply soon.

Best regards,

Iris xxx
Reservations Sales Agent
Old May 28, 2015, 3:44 am

Hi,

me and my girlfired are planning a 2 night stay at IC HK next year using points from a buddy who is RA. Should we contact the hotel upfront that he will not stay there, but ask for benefits (upgrade, club, minibar) for us? Any experience you guys made concerning a booking for 2 other people?

Thanks
Old May 28, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by elgato
Hi,

me and my girlfired are planning a 2 night stay at IC HK next year using points from a buddy who is RA. Should we contact the hotel upfront that he will not stay there, but ask for benefits (upgrade, club, minibar) for us? Any experience you guys made concerning a booking for 2 other people?

Thanks
What makes you think the hotel should do that? The only chain that I know that officially does that is Hyatt now with the "Guest of Honor" thing.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Football Fan
What makes you think the hotel should do that? The only chain that I know that officially does that is Hyatt now with the "Guest of Honor" thing.
Well I know that Hilton always acknowledges all benefits on award stays,even when the person who booked did not check in.
Old May 28, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by elgato
Well I know that Hilton always acknowledges all benefits on award stays,even when the person who booked did not check in.
As a general rule, this statement is incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.