Search
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: khabah
Intercontinental Hong Kong - 香港洲際酒店
18 Salisbury Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Tel. (Hong Kong): +852-2721-1211
Website (link)

AS OF APRIL 20TH, 2020, INTERCONTINENTAL HONG KONG HAS CEASED OPERATIONS IN ORDER TO COMMENCE A TWO-YEAR RENOVATION PROGRAM. IT WILL RELAUNCH AT A TO-BE-DETERMINED DATE IN 2022 AS REGENT HONG KONG.

NOTE: This property was supposed close ~12 months for refurbishment sometime after Chinese New Year (5 Feb) in 2020. It seems the moved the date (again). Rooms are currently (Sep19) bookable in Aug20)

500 rooms including 87 suites; best Hong Kong and Victoria Harbour viewsviews
. . .
(starting price ~HKD 2,249.10 / $288 USD)
Check in: 2pm (“Early check in unavailable”). It seems that with Royal Ambassador status they let you check in early.
Check out: 12pm (“Late check out unavailable” but not so IME - with Amassador or Royal Ambassador late checkout seems possible.
One complimentary parking space per room, valet parking available (HKD80 per hour for non-restaurant patrons or per additional hour)
Service Animals allowed
2 accessible guestrooms on the low floor of the hotel
Executive rooms
Club Intercontinental Executive Lounge (generally significant extra charge)
Complimentary customized Android smartphone capable of WiFi hot spot use in room (no need to buy local SIM) - seems no longer to be true as of Sep19
Link to 5 page PDF Hotel information sheet

Transportation:

From / to HKG airport:
Hotel limo (Mercedes) HKD $900 + 10% (courtesy WiFi Hot spot, water, reading material)
Hong Kong Cityflyer A21 stops at both ICHK and ICGS - 33HKD (see link for map of stops)
(ICHK) Stops on Salisbury Road outside hotel, take the MTR underpass to cross road.
(ICGS) Stops on Mody Road
https://www.hongkong.net/transportation/to-from-airport/bus/a21
Train charge (one way): 90.00 HKD (train to Kowloon Station + MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui or taxi, ~90 min), discounts for more than 1 person traveling together,you can buy ticket at arrival train station. Taxi from train station to hotel approx 40 HK$. Train every 12 min, 20 min traveltime, plus 10-15 min for taxi to hotel
Urban (red) Taxi charge (one way): 300.00 HKD (~$38 USD / 30min) (link to HKG Taxi rate charts)
Private transfer ~$99-$110 USD / 30min one way ( link)

Dining:

Lobby Lounge: 7 am - 1230 am
Harbourside: 6 am - 1230 am, casual dining (breakfast and lunch buffet, seafood dinner buffet 6 - 1030 pm, Sunday Champagne brunch 1130 am - 3 pm)
NOBU Restaurant: 1200 - 230 pm, 6 - 11 pm (new style Japanese)
Rech by Alain Ducasse: 6 pm - 11 pm (French seafood)
The Steakhouse Winebar and Grill: 6 - 11 pm (International beef & wines)
Yan Toh Heen: 12- 3 pm, 6 - 1130pm (2 Michelin stars Cantonese)

Services:

Concierge 24 hrs (Louis Baleros, Chief Concierge)
House Doctor available
Full Business Centre (staffed, secretarial services)
Fitness Centre
Spa
Limousine service
Laundry daily same day service

“The outdoor swimming pool will undergo annual maintenance from January 22 - February 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor spa pool.” and “The outdoor spa pools will undergo annual maintenance from February 26 - March 8, 2018 inclusive, with the outdoor swimming p” (sic).
Print Wikipost

IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by vh_bu98
What light?
Sorry, meant the light show
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Here are attached photos from my Deluxe Harbour View room from my first night, which will give you a good view of the light show.

The second night, they had me on the top floor Executive Suite which had a better view because the window was almost twice as long. Unfortunately I only made a video and didn't take a still photo of the room. But it was impressive.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 30, 2016, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by evergrn
Can someone please provide an update on what (if any) disruptions to the harbour view there might be from the Ave of Stars construction in front of the hotel? A photo would be even better.

Trying to decide between IC's Harbour View vs Conrad's City View (w expectation for an upgrade to Peak View) for our visit this fall. For us, recently it seems like the decision comes down to this each visit.

Last time I stayed at IC (last Dec), the Ave of Stars was already closed. But it was simply closed with no construction or any eyesore compromising the harbour view from our Deluxe Harbour View Room. Can I expect such again this Nov?
Stayed at IC HK late July. There was construction on the individual pylons going in to the water that were only large enough to hold a chair, market umbrella and 2 guys working on them. They were about 1 metre off the water and no way obstructed the view from the Harbour Rooms and the Lobby Bar.

When we watched them working which if I recall after 9 days they didn't make any noise. We had to press our nose against the window of our Harbour View Room and look down. We actually enjoyed watching them work!

I wouldn't let that put you off. I loved the view we had.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:17 pm
She

Is it worth upgrading to a harbor view room at this hotel. I am booked in a Superior Room and was offered a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room with plaza view. They are also offering a upgrade to Harborview room for HKD600/nt. I will be coming here after a 4 nt stay at the Conrad where I am booked in a harbor view room, so I'm wondering if it's worth the added charge to upgrade here

thank you in advance
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The view from the Harbour rooms at this property are probably best in Hong Kong, so I would say yes.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: Avios, BAEC, IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by She
Is it worth upgrading to a harbor view room at this hotel. I am booked in a Superior Room and was offered a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe room with plaza view. They are also offering a upgrade to Harborview room for HKD600/nt. I will be coming here after a 4 nt stay at the Conrad where I am booked in a harbor view room, so I'm wondering if it's worth the added charge to upgrade here

thank you in advance
If you're staying there on a reward night, you should be aware that you won't get points for the upgrade supplement (although it's only 700-800 points in your case so you might not be too bothered).

I stayed there and used two free night certificates that were in danger of otherwise expiring. I paid ~US$500 to upgrade to a suite. Didn't get a single point for it. I did get points on dining and laundry that I charged to the room. Apparently the upgrade supplement is considered a gratuity!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well we finally know what will be next door once they finish construction. If they ever finish.

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hong-kong
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:30 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well we finally know what will be next door once they finish construction. If they ever finish.

https://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/hong-kong
Excellent! Was hoping for a Park Hyatt or similar but this has potential to be better. ICHK can't be that happy about it as most of the reason for the prices they charge seems to be the unique view - I'd definitely be unwilling to pay close to MO prices without it.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Excellent! Was hoping for a Park Hyatt or similar but this has potential to be better. ICHK can't be that happy about it as most of the reason for the prices they charge seems to be the unique view - I'd definitely be unwilling to pay close to MO prices without it.
Hah! The Rosewood will be about double the cost of the IC. The IC won't be upset about the prices, but rather the quality. And the height!
Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Does dining at Yan Toh Heen earn points?
Old Nov 20, 2016, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Does dining at Yan Toh Heen earn points?
Yes. And the Peking Duck is superb.

Also Harbour View room is a must. No question.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by stimpy
Hah! The Rosewood will be about double the cost of the IC. The IC won't be upset about the prices, but rather the quality. And the height!
I don't disagree, I feel like you misunderstood my point . I stay at the IC purely because the view is incredible, the third floor rooms with terraces overlooking the harbour are literally nowhere else in the world experiences to me. If the Rosewood has views on the same level then the IC is probably going to have to lower prices, even if the Rosewood is already twice the price!
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:14 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Notsofreq
Yes. And the Peking Duck is superb.

Also Harbour View room is a must. No question.
yes amazing it was, in lettuce cups :O
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Due to a Cathay Pacific (CGK-HKG) cancelation this morning I am finding myself stuck in HKG for one night waiting for my HKG-LAX flight home that is rebooked for tomorrow.

Booked a same-day reservation for tonight for a Deluxe Harborview w/ breakfast ($467) and the app is showing an Executive Suite ($1168 if paid booking).

This would be an AWESOME FOUR-level upgrade!

I'll update tonight as I won't get to HKG until later tonight.

Last edited by 355F1; Nov 27, 2016 at 8:32 pm
Old Nov 27, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
Due to a Cathay Pacific (CGK-HKG) cancelation this morning I am finding myself stuck in HKG for one night waiting for my HKG-LAX flight home that is rebooked for tomorrow.

Booked a same-day reservation for tonight for a Deluxe Harborview w/ breakfast ($467) and the app is showing an Executive Suite ($1168 if paid booking).

This would be an AWESOME FOUR-level upgrade!

I'll update tonight as I won't get to HKG until later tonight.
Remember that previously (only since 6months ago) Superior JS did not show up as bookable online, and Sup JS was purely used to upgrade RAs Entry Level Room bookings to.

Sup JS is also meant to be ignored as part of upgrade path (unless Amb very unlucky and zero Dlx JS free as either purchased or needed for RAs) for Amb who usually get a strict +1cat boost, so....

Amb Upgrade
HV -> Dlx HV
Dlx HV -> (skipping Sup JS unles Amb very unlucky) Dlx JS
Dlx JS -> Exec Suite

RA Upgrade
Base Room -> Sup JS + Club (both Paid+Award)
HV -> Dlx JS + Club
Dlx HV -> Dlx JS + Club
Dlx JS -> Exec Suite + Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.