Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Temporarily locked" message?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:29 am
Original Poster

"Temporarily locked" message?

My IHG account has been "temporarily locked." I changed the password about a week ago, then told my husband to do the same on his, since a longer password is allowed now. He checked, and his account is "temporarily" locked too. We haven't made any transfers, have always stayed together and checked in together at all hotel stays, have lived at the same address for twenty years, and both have had an IHG Visa card for years. I have an anniversary certificate, and he has two. One of his would've expired but they extended it due to the covid crisis. We have less than half of a million points between us, not huge balances but not something we'd like to lose. No promos signed up for except the major one everyone gets that they offer once or twice a year. I cancelled reservations due to Covid worries in early March. They were not prepaid or last minute.

Other than the person who posted recently, is anyone else having an issue? I have to believe it was changing our passwords? The message said to try again in a half hour, but nothing has changed.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
When I went to log in on my laptop I also got the Temp. locked message, try again in 30 mins . When I tried with the app on my phone it was no problem. I have not made any changes to my account
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much for checking! That makes me feel better. It was from my laptop.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:57 am

I just tried again and it says temporarily locked when using laptop. On my Iphone no problem! I also tried with other browser, how weird
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I had it happening on my laptop for about a day, but seems to have cleared up today.
Had no issues on the app - so guess something on the IHG end.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the information! Must be a system maintenance thing.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:14 am

I guess so ,I get access denied when going to some pageslike Ambassador weekend certificate. Perhaps they are busy renewing all our membership dates and certificates
mareh likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Add me to the list. Windows PC, 2 different browsers, no recent username or PIN or password change password change. 2 days ago, “… temporarily locked, please wait 30 minutes before trying again…”. Same message 2 hours later, able to log in 12 hours later, same message again 12 hours later, cleared saved passwords and favorites, same message. Comforting to read that I’m not the only one, hope it doesn’t turn into a “misery loves company” thing, hope it isn’t an omen of (worse) things to come, hope “system maintenance thing” is correct.
mareh likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:17 am

Well the app on my Iphone is fine so guess it is just the website, if it continues I'll call them in a day or two. Though imagine most of the crazy times for cancellations are over now, so might not be so difficult
mareh likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
Locked out on my iPad and iPhone but not on my iMac
mareh likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Getting 'access denied' on the website on my laptop but it's ok to access the website on my ipad.
mareh likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I went through that same thing a couple of days ago.. even had a "chat" and was told I was unlocked but wasn't , gave up and then tried the next day and it was fine.
mareh likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Same here, but what worked for me was pretending I forgot my password. I asked for a reset, and when I changed it, it let me in with no problem.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
All back to normal for me. Able to access the website on my laptop
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Me, too. It's working again from my laptop. (I don't use my phone for hotel stays.) Hope it's the same for everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.