Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG signs deal with Mr. & Mr. Smith similar to Hyatt and SLHnd

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Into February now and still all of these hotels say "Coming Soon"... Come on IHG, give us an update at least.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:29 am

You'll get your update just after they announce their promised additional Spire benefits.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by 336
You'll get your update just after they announce their promised additional Spire benefits.
LOL!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:18 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by 336
Lol
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I sent IHG an email but they told me they don't know when Mr. & Mrs. Smith will be bookable on IHG yet.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:27 pm

The Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur had been listed as “Coming Soon”. It does not appear in search this evening. :-(
Old Feb 26, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
I sent IHG an email but they told me they don't know when Mr. & Mrs. Smith will be bookable on IHG yet.
Bummer. I've been waiting for the Berns in Stockholm to open up for a points booking later this year.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You should be aware that, as far as I can tell from my discussions with IHG, it will be paying close to standard rates for redemption rooms. Remember that it isn't even contracting directly with the hotels - it is dealing with an intermediary agency, in this case Mr & Mrs Smith. This compares to the $20-$75 that a hotel gets on a standard IHG redemption night if the hotel is not 95% full.

This would mean either:

a) substantially higher redemption rates than the current 70,000 points cap for hotels where the room cost is higher than IHG's internal value of those points, or

b) IHG taking a substantial loss on each booking compared to its existing internal book value of those points

Obviously one of these outcomes is more likely than the other. That said, Hyatt 'only' created a 40,000 point band for Small Luxury Hotels.
exploreaswego likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
ridicoulos answer.
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Any updates on when these properties will be bookable with IHG points?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 7:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Raffles
You should be aware that, as far as I can tell from my discussions with IHG, it will be paying close to standard rates for redemption rooms. Remember that it isn't even contracting directly with the hotels - it is dealing with an intermediary agency, in this case Mr & Mrs Smith. This compares to the $20-$75 that a hotel gets on a standard IHG redemption night if the hotel is not 95% full.

This would mean either:

a) substantially higher redemption rates than the current 70,000 points cap for hotels where the room cost is higher than IHG's internal value of those points, or

b) IHG taking a substantial loss on each booking compared to its existing internal book value of those points

Obviously one of these outcomes is more likely than the other. That said, Hyatt 'only' created a 40,000 point band for Small Luxury Hotels.
Yup, this probably why IHG already introduced dynamic pricing into the system.
It's a only a matter of time we'll see rates beyond the 70k, maybe even reaching 100k (or more) like the Intercontinental Maldives.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Still waiting to hear on this. I really was hoping for a decent point stay in Islamorada
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Man, they did announce this one prematurely. It's annoying some searches yield a bunch of Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties which you simply cannot book via IHG as of right now.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Super Mario
Still waiting to hear on this. I really was hoping for a decent point stay in Islamorada
yeah me too, they originally showed up as coming soon close to a year ago but nada still....
Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:22 am

Mr. and Mrs. Smith now bookable on IHG

I recognize COVID-19 is just awful in the Northern Hemisphere. But a lot of these properties are in countries in Asia, Australia and NZ where things are actually going OK. Has IHG just put off this integration for the foreseeable future, or is it likely to happen sometime soon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.