Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Berlin Best IHG Properties

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Concerto
So you can be sure the so-called rules at any IC in Germany will be applied with exacting detail. As I say, IC hotels don't really rock my boat, there's something not quite right about them (just look at all the reported problems at the IC Barclay in New York for one example, although that was one of the few ICs that I actually liked). I suspect Regent is the best of the luxury brands at IHG these days.
So what answer do you expect here? You stated several times you dislike ICs, then don't stay there. I dislike Ritz Carltons and wouldn't think about staying at one when I have a choice.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
There is to my belief nothing better in terms of value for money than the combination of a cheap corporate rate, Royal Ambassador status and the IC Berlin.
Chinatrvl likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
+1.

If OP isn't keen on IC the Regent can certainly do the job well and the Indigo's are good as well, just book the larger rooms.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I think it's only fair to give a bit of feedback, having just completed my trip to Berlin. My thanks to Flying Lawyer, who a couple of posts above helped me decide to book the Intercontinental. It was an excellent choice and I was amazed at the range of Platinum benefits, which I did not expect. An upgrade to a deluxe room, free soft drinks and snacks in the room, a Marlene Dietrich branded sketch book and drinks for myself and companion at the bar, which were not bound with endless restrictions (in the end, I had a large Berlin microbrew pale ale). I actually slept well in the room and it was possible to open the window to get some air without too much noise from the exterior.

The other hotel I tried was the Indigo Alexanderplatz, which was also good with very friendly staff. Here I had an upgraded room, free minibar and gherkin snacks (which I forgot to take with me) and free drinks at the bar for my companion and me. However, I the room turned out to be airless and hot, but opening the window exposed us to a lot of noise in the Alexanderplatz area (which I found rather soulless). It didn't help, of course, that we had eaten a bit much and become plastered in one of the beer halls! Don't think I would go back to the Indigo but will try somewhere else next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.