Search

Earning points / qualifying nights on Multiple Rooms outside USA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Earning points / qualifying nights on Multiple Rooms outside USA

Hi

Outside USA, on how many rooms booked in the same hotel can a person earn points? Also if he has multiple rooms booked, would he earn multiple qualifying nights?

Same as above for rooms booked in different hotels at the same time?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:41 pm

You can only earn credit for one room per night.

When you have multiple rooms at the same hotel, you can ask them to move the spend to one folio, so at least you get the points for the spend.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:04 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sweets61250
Hi

Outside USA, on how many rooms booked in the same hotel can a person earn points? Also if he has multiple rooms booked, would he earn multiple qualifying nights?

Same as above for rooms booked in different hotels at the same time?
According to https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...care/member-tc,

21. At U.S., Canada, Europe, and Greater China (Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan) hotels (except InterContinental® Alliance Resorts), you can earn Points on all Eligible Charges for multiple hotel rooms (up to 9) provided those rooms are used in conjunction with the Member's stay at the same hotel, and the Member’s IHG Rewards Club account number is recorded on each reservation, or the charges from those multiple room reservations are referred to on the hotel room bill associated with the Member's reservation. Similarly, if a Member pays for more than one room during a Qualified Stay, as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, each such room is eligible for Your Rate pricing.
Elsewhere, as suggested by 336 mentioned, moving charges to the member's room might do the trick, but YMMV. In anywhere including the USA, you will only earn one night. This is also the case if you stay in 2 different hotels in the same calendar night.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
So if I have a bonus point package for 2 rooms, only 1 of them would post?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold

I did nothing to net points for both rooms. Of note however, I booked the rooms at different times under separate bookings (and at different rates).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.