Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta, IHG
I'm not even going to bother this round. I can't believe the requirements this time I have and how little reward compared to the last one.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: AF/KL FBPFL Ultimate, IHG Spire, HERTZ 5 stars
I'm some kind doubtful per the logic of the promotion incentives, thus I completed 100% of Q1 (15 nights) @ 69500 points and received for Q2 @ 52500 for 10 nights (detail below).
Is the promotion algorithm for Q2 not considering Q1 perfomrance & criteria ?
Thus i can't consider that in term of marketing we can reduce the incentive to a customer (15 to 10 nights).....

Tks

Rgds

My Q2 details
2,000 Stay Once Get 2,000 Bonus Points
20,000 Stay More, Earn More, 10 nights
7,200 Stay at Holiday Inn®, 3 holiday inn
8,400 Saturday Stays Bonus, 2 saturday nights
2,500 Corporate Account Bonus, 3 stay corporate rate
10,100 Your Achievement Bonus, 4 out of 5 offers
2,000 May Bonus Offer
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:30 am

mine says 10000 for 5 nights, do they all have to be paid nights or do nights you use points count?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by lilmama48
mine says 10000 for 5 nights, do they all have to be paid nights or do nights you use points count?
They have to be paid nights
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, BA Gold, Hyatt
I think I only completed one task in the Q1 Accelerate promo since I didn't travel at all, so this one is really easy but it is also only for 43,500 points (much less than the last few). The good news for me is that I have a trip already booked that will get me an extra 25,500 thanks to this highly achievable Accelerate promo. I should probably be able to get all the points this time too with just one long weekend stay somewhere. Nice to have an easy one for a change.

My Q2 Accelerate Promo:
18,000 Stay More, Earn More, 9 nights
6,000 Stay a Little Longer, 4 or more consecutive nights in a single stay
1,000 Earn When You Redeem Points
13,000 Your Achievement Bonus, 3 out of 4 offers
2,000 May Bonus Offer
1,500 Exclusive Brand Bonus, Stay at Intercontinental, Indigo or Even.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:06 am

So the Q1 Promo was 4 months (January 1st through April 30th) but the Q2 Promo is 3 months (May 1st through July 31st)?

This normal? What am I missing here?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: LA, AA
Originally Posted by Julio0105
I always register but only stayed 3 nights in nov/2017, usually I always get the "3 nights + 3 nights + 3 nights..." and so on promo.
I did not achieve anything on Q1.
I got this great set of tasks !! For me, at least. I have a trip to Florida and I have 3 nights to book, if I do it correctly I can get over 50,000 points ! Very excited:

Earn 55,500 bonus points.
1,000 Happy Birthday bonus. Stay once. (OK !)
5,000 Stay More, Earn More. Stay 5 nights (this is the only one I'm not doing)
21,200 Discover Our Brands. Stay at 3 brands (Holiday Inn, HIX, and some other... one night each)
3,200 Travel with the IHG App. Book 2 stays (OK ! Will miss the AA portal bonus but I'm ok because of Achievement bonus)
6,600 Earn More, Faster. Book 1 bonus Points Package stay (some hotels offer 1,000 points for +$5, so why not?)
16,000 Achievement Bonus. Complete 4 of 5 previous offers (Check !)
1,000 May Bonus Offer. Stay once in May (will stay in June, but this is the one that updates each month)
1,500 Exclusive Brand Bonus. Stay once at IC, Indigo or Even (not sure about this, I do have to stay on a different brand the 3rd night, but might as well be a Courtyard / Staybridge / Candlewood and avoid the $80-$100 price difference).

I was planning on staying 2+1 nights, but I can easily change to 1+1+1 nighs and change hotels every night.
I will wait until 05/01 to book these 3 nights, so I fully comply with booking & staying within promo dates.
It gives me time to analyze the best options.
49,000 or 50,500 points (depending I do the last task or not) for some nights / stays I had to book anyway ? YESSSSS
Hey guys, about the "Bonus Points Package" stay.
The ones I see in the IHG app are +$3/$4 for 1.000 bonus Points, starting from the "Free Cancellation" base rate. This rate is more expensive than the "non-refundable" rate (+$28 in tthe case I'm looking at).
But I cannot find Bonus Points Package for non-refundable rates.
Is this normal? Is there a way to find that rate?
If I want to complete the "Bonus Points Package" stay I'm forced to book a Flex rate?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 9:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
So the Q1 Promo was 4 months (January 1st through April 30th) but the Q2 Promo is 3 months (May 1st through July 31st)?

This normal? What am I missing here?
That is indeed quite strange!

Last year there were only three "quarters" of Accelerate each 4 months long (jan-april, may-august, sept-december). I suspect they might either leave the month of August out from Accelerate since I think it's peak hotel period? Or they might run a 1-month promotion in August separately.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by thealphalion
That is indeed quite strange!

Last year there were only three "quarters" of Accelerate each 4 months long (jan-april, may-august, sept-december). I suspect they might either leave the month of August out from Accelerate since I think it's peak hotel period? Or they might run a 1-month promotion in August separately.
It’s not that unusual for them to leave gaps. Last years first promotion finished April 30th and the next one didn’t start until May 15th and a couple of years ago during the summer there was the usual US Coke sponsored promotion and nothing for the rest of the world.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:43 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Well that was fast. One of my tasks is to redeem points. I made an award reservation this morning, and the dashboard was updated, and the points deposited, almost immediately.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I just registered today ,I need to redeem points stay a second Sat. night and use another IC, if I do a Sat night on points at an IC where I don't usually stay will this work ? or do I have to have a paid night as well ? As points have doubled from last accelerate I'm interested The last one I missed by €5 F&B spend lol
Old May 1, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I just registered today ,I need to redeem points stay a second Sat. night and use another IC, if I do a Sat night on points at an IC where I don't usually stay will this work ? or do I have to have a paid night as well ? As points have doubled from last accelerate I'm interested The last one I missed by €5 F&B spend lol
'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task an nothing else. So you'd need a paid night to get that credit.

My 'purchase points' task credited and updated the Accelerate dashboard immediately today. Only four more tasks to go...
Old May 1, 2018, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by tentseller
Earn 84,900 total bonus points.
Complete all of your Accelerate offers and earn 84,900 total bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

12,000 Stay at Holiday Inn®
Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotel(s)—including Holiday Inn Resort® and Holiday Inn Club Vacations®—and earn 12,000 bonus points.

9,600 Travel with the IHG® App
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 9,600 bonus points.

6,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 6,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

18,000 Explore with Confidence
Have 2 stays in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 18,000 bonus points.

23,800 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 5 of the 6 offers and earn (an additional) 23,800 bonus points.

2,000 May Bonus Offer
Stay once in May and get 2,000 bonus points.

1,500 Exclusive Brand Bonus
Stay once at an InterContinental®, Hotel Indigo® or Even® hotel and earn 1,500 bonus points.

This time it is easy, potentially with planning I can score bonus with three stays.
The last round was difficult and not worth it for me so I did not have any IHG stay.
Looks like for me it is an easy cycle following a difficult cycle where I did not do any stays since I track this in 2016.
May stay booked, overnight layover at an airport HI.
June stay booked, Sat/Sun stay at HI in the Philippines for NGO meeting.

One more night in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa will put me into the bonus of 23,800. One more on top of this night will net the 10,000 stay five night.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Originally Posted by dw
Well that was fast. One of my tasks is to redeem points. I made an award reservation this morning, and the dashboard was updated, and the points deposited, almost immediately.
I had a couple of reward stays booked for May already and I decided to cancel and rebook one of them to be sure that I would complete my task. My dashboard was also updated on the same day and points posted on the same day as well. However I am not sure whether that was because of the already existing reward stays or the one that I canceled and rebooked. I remember that for the Q1 Accelerate my "Earn and Redeem" was also triggered on one of the first days although I had not made any bookings yet within the q1 period. I did have an existing reward booking though for March, which might have triggered it.

So the question is: besides the reward night reservation that you made on the 1st of May, did you already have any existing reward night bookings? Then these may have triggered the completion of the task....
Old May 3, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
I had booked a points night in April. Then I booked another points night on May 2 (for a Kimpton) and, as of yesterday, my Earn When You Redeem task is marked completed. So I think it needs to be done on or after May 1. On my account activity I have an "Offer Win" line, but no points; I assume it will be the 1,000 Accelerate Redeem task.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.