Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Another quarter, another Accelerate. Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions below:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

For a task that says 'Stay X number of times at a Holiday Inn Express' (or Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, etc.) each stay must be at a different property for it to fully credit rather than staying at the same property multiple times.

An award stay only counts toward a task that specifically requires an award stay and will not count toward other tasks and night requirements for the purposes of the promotion. (Award stays do count toward general elite qualification, but that's outside this promotion)

'Redeem points' award nights only count for the 'redeem points' task and no other tasks. (example- an award night does not count toward 'Stay X number of nights')

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion. A 'buy points' task is a points transaction that is processed through points.com

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2018
Print Wikipost

Accelerate 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Just to make sure: I have 7 tasks + stay once in May thing, then there's the complete 6 out of 7 tasks bonus. I won't be doing any stay in May (as today is the last day), and that one doesn't count into the complete 6 out 7 tasks bonus?

TIA!
Old May 31, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
By this weekend I expect to complete most of my tasks for the promo and cinch the bonus. I'll have a stay that meets my nights target and the "Book 2 stays with the app" target. The one target I won't have hit is "Stay at 2 Holiday Inns". I'll have stayed at one. I may make a point of staying at second HI later in June or July to hit that target as it's worth about 8,400 bonus points.

Who else is done or nearly done with the promo?
All I need is one night at an HIX, which should be a new one opening early July.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by nacho
Just to make sure: I have 7 tasks + stay once in May thing, then there's the complete 6 out of 7 tasks bonus. I won't be doing any stay in May (as today is the last day), and that one doesn't count into the complete 6 out 7 tasks bonus?
Correct. The "May Bonus Offer" does not count as one of the 6/7 tasks you must complete for the Achievement Bonus.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Correct. The "May Bonus Offer" does not count as one of the 6/7 tasks you must complete for the Achievement Bonus.
That's what I thought - just to make sure. Thanks a lot!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
and to get the May bonus the stay needs to start by the 31st of May?
so a stay from May 31 to June 2nd would qualify correct?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 4:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rebadc
and to get the May bonus the stay needs to start by the 31st of May?
so a stay from May 31 to June 2nd would qualify correct?
Yes, it should qualify.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: LX M&M FTL, Aegean Gold, Mabuhay Miles Platinum
My challenges include "stay one weekend...". I had a stay from Sunday till Saturday, and somehow that ticked off that challenge.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stillontheroad
I really like that the points are posting at the same time as the stays this time around. Looks like IHG IT department did something right this time.
not for me....had my last stay over a week ago & its now been a week since my stay posted....but no accelerate points yet & all my tasks still show as incomplete....
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
One of my tasks is to renew Ambassador membership, which I did on May 5th. However the task still does not show completed.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:55 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
So far everything related to stays and redemptions has been updated on the dashboard, and the points have posted, right away.

However, I did have a credit card statement close on Monday (that included spend on IHG hotels) and the points transferred to my account yesterday morning, but so far the dashboard activity for charging a stay to my IHG card has not been updated.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Carel1
One of my tasks is to renew Ambassador membership, which I did on May 5th. However the task still does not show completed.
Mine hasn’t posted yet either and was renewed on the same date.
Carel1 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
My last two task to hit the bonuses occurred June 2-4 and June 4-5. Today got credit for both stays plus all the bonuses.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tentseller
My last two task to hit the bonuses occurred June 2-4 and June 4-5. Today got credit for both stays plus all the bonuses.
my last stay posted today & that completes all my tasks....but nothing has posted yet....
Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: IHG, Delta
Somehow I missed this offer earlier. I just registered - I have a stay in May (Crowne Plaza) - any chance I'll get credit for it?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Smorgasbord42
Somehow I missed this offer earlier. I just registered - I have a stay in May (Crowne Plaza) - any chance I'll get credit for it?
No, you had to be signed up when the stay posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.