Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
HIX Oceanfront Daytona Beach

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Partly.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked king. No upgrade.

How are the rooms?

Decent and modern. Nice balcony with chairs and one of the best views of any HIX. When you walk into the lobby you also have the wonderful view of the surf. Ditto for breakfast.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Right on the beach. High tide comes almost right up to the property.
Free parking.
Daytona has maintained that great tradition of allowing cars onto the beach during the day.

Bad:
Rather clueless hotel management. I had booked a couple weeks before, but the girl at the desk was shocked that I was Spire. I guess that's pretty rare at this hotel, but how is it that she did not know a Spire member was due to arrive? So I asked about a suite upgrade and she said she had already done all the upgrades for the day. I guess the management has no clue about how IHG works. Then one day I was driving from the mainland back to the hotel and there was a 30 minute backup to get over the bridge. It turns out there was a huge Christmas parade and the main drag in front of the hotel was closed off. I had to park a ways away and when I finally made it to the front desk, I asked them why there was no warning that the street would be closed. She said she had no idea there was a parade that day!!! How can you be that out of touch with your community?

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Good value and I probably will return, but I might call in advance to ask about an upgrade.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Hotel Indigo Hong Kong Island

What is your Priority Club status?
Spire Ambassador

No

Booked King Deluxe, received King Deluxe

How are the rooms?
Nicely designed and spacious for Hong Kong. No tub and a poor view though. Weird placement of outlets (the closest outlets to the bed were on the desk behind the bed, which made it difficult to charge and use the phone at the same time while in bed).

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Room is spacious for Hong Kong
Large Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries
Unique rooftop pool
Free mobile phone with tethering capabilities provided in-room (although I suppose that's common for HK)
Fast wi-fi
Neighborhood has some great restaurants and bars.
Close proximity to MTR station

Bad:
Customer service was sorely lacking
Received no upgrade (even though I was a late arrival, only stayed two nights, and there were multiple rooms available for booking on their site)
Was not allowed to choose points as a welcome amenity and the free drink coupon was even more limited than usual (could only use on two types of beer)
Rooftop hot tub was broken
Had to call the front desk because housekeeping did not clean the room, replace the towels, etc.

Not at all. There are better quality properties in HK. Really disappointed with the poor customer service and all-around quality of the hotel.
​​​​​​​
FLYGVA and BinSabai like this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 24, 2017 at 2:38 am
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:24 am

Hotel Indigo Alexandria

Hotel Indigo Alexandria

Spire Ambassador

Absolutely!

Booked King Deluxe, received King Corner Riverview

How are the rooms?
Room was very large and nicely decorated with a great view of the river, but seemed a bit sparse. No tub, but I think this is common for many Hotel Indigos

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Location is perfect, right on the water and a stone's throw from Prince St.
Rooms are all brand new and well-designed
Front desk staff was absolutely amazing
Hummingbird Restaurant served delicious cocktails

Bad:
Can't really think of anything

​​​​​​​Absolutely! This is probably the best Hotel Indigo I've stayed in and among my favorites throughout the IHG portfoilo.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Crowne Plaza LAX

Crowne Plaza LAX

Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes and No.

Standard room with 2 Queen beds booked (lowest paid rate available). Upgraded to club floor

How are the rooms?

Normal size room on north side. Pretty quiet. Quick overnight stay with late arrival and early departure. I always like it when the bathroom has a walk in shower instead of a tub.

How is the exec. lounge?

Did not use.

Friendly helpful staff. Flight arrived just after midnight and had to wait a very long time (one hour) for the shuttle. Called the hotel to ask about it and they advised it was currently at TBIT and would get to me very soon. A few minutes later two drove past without stopping. Hotel advised to take a cab and I would be reimbursed. Thank goodness the front desk has a dedicated elite checkin line. About 50-60 people were in line to check in. Qantas flight to SYD had cancelled. As compensation for the shuttle problem, desk manager gave me 25K points.Also gave me a comp for the breakfast buffet in the morning.

Yes, if I have to overnight at LAX, and get another good nightly rate.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:34 am

Hotel Indigo Nashville

Hotel Indigo Nashville

Spire Ambassador

Yes

Booked 1 King Bed Leisure, received 1 King Bed Leisure

How are the rooms?
Very large with windows that let in a lot of light. No tub.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Location was perfect. It's close enough to walk to Broadway, but far enough that you don't hear the noise in your room.
Room was gigantic

Bad:
Nothing really.

If I wanted to be near Broadyway, yes. Hotel didn't really excel or fail in any major areas though.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:35 pm

Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York

Hotel Indigo Lower East Side

Spire Ambassador. Was informed by the GM that they give a one category room upgrade to Spires.

Absolutely.

Booked King Superior on points, received King Deluxe. Also received a nice box of chocolates as well.

How are the rooms?
Inconsistent, but nice. Initially received a King Deluxe on the 13th Floor. Room was a gorgeous corner room, but had multiple deep scratches in the walls, duct tape on other parts, and the toilet hadn't been flushed. Asked if there was another room and received a non-corner King Deluxe on the 23rd floor with a great view along with a bottle of wine and chocolates. However, the room had a column covering up about 1/3 of the window. As is common with Indigos, there was no tub.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Good:
Service was exceptional. Took care of everything perfectly and quickly, which was especially noticeable given how busy and booked-up the hotel was.
Location is great for eating, shopping, and drinking.
Hotel facilities and rooms are well-designed and cool.
Stunning views.
Bad:
Definitely a party hotel. Also, walls aren't thick and you can hear your neighbors.
Given the wide variance in room layouts, it's hard to know what you'll get when you book.
Not sure if it's a bad thing or just a bit atypical, but none of the walls in the room had artwork.

Great value on points. We will definitely be coming back here on our next trip to NYC.
FLYGVA likes this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Dec 13, 2017 at 2:12 am
Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Crowne Plaza Basingstoke UK

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Ambassador

Very impressed

Booked 1 Double Bed Non-Smoking. Received 1 King Bed CP Club

How are the rooms?
Beautifully finished and an amazing transformation from its former life as a Hilton. Club room includes complimentary mini-bar, Nespresso machine and kettle. Bathroom had a very good rain shower with White Company amenities. However, it seems that only half of the hotel has been finished - as soon as you walk upstairs, the corridors look very tired. Renovations are continuing, but you need to make sure you get a renovated room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Didn't manage to use. Was told drinks and appetisers between 5:30-7:30pm. Continental breakfast in the morning

Good:
Very impressive new rooms. Excellent breakfast in the main restaurant (included in my rate). Large free car park. Good Spire recognition. Health club included a new Sauna/Steam Room that looked very good.

Bad:
Still under renovation.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
For a weekend night, it is excellent value as nobody seems to want to stay in Basingstoke over the weekend! During the week, it is more expensive (but so are all hotels in town). The room was 100 times better than the room I've had at the HI Basingstoke in the past - so if pricing is similar, I'd go with the CP

King CP Club Room at CP Basingstoke
FLYGVA likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
CP London Kings Cross

CP London Kings Cross

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was OK

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked a room with two doubles at CP London The City. Two days before check in we were moved to CP London Kings Cross owing to a flood. We were given a room with two doubles.

How are the rooms? Adequate

How is the exec. lounge? Fab - drinks and a huge choice of food between 5.30 and 7.30. There was no need for dinner. Decent breakfast between 7 and 11.

What was good and what was bad? The leisure club was great but my son was charged £1.50 to swim. No coffee machine in the room. No robes or slippers. We were three people and received towels for two. Welcome points posted quickly.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We paid £99 which was great value as it included Club Lounge access.
FLYGVA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.