Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q1accelerate2017/dashboard

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 1Q 2017 (1st JAN to 15th APR)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I've had my two nights at HIX post which should trigger 31K in bonuses and only the '5 nights get 10K' is left (and I've no desire to pursue that). However the bonus point package failed to post the bonus points. I went back to the res and sure enough I booked accurately. IHG said they manually posted the points however 36 hours later there's been no change in my account.

I do hope this doesn't become an uphill battle.
SMH at the oddities here now that a sweep has been run on my account:

3000 - Book and stay once DONE
10000 - Stay 5 nights 40%
5600 - Stay 2 HIX DONE
3600 - Book Bonus pt DONE
1500 - Pay with CC not posted
16300 - Complete 4 of 5 75%

What I find crazy is how on earth did I get credit for the 'bonus pt package' and yet they've failed to actually credit me the bonus pts. At first I was perplexed at how I could have completed 75% of 5 but then realized it was 3 of 4.

Originally Posted by FonzieBone
My stars...the credit card spend task is shown completed.
My statement hasn't cut so I'm not surprised it hasn't posted for me.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I have taken the option of cancelling 2 bookings I made in Dec on the app and rebooking on the app, just to ensure I keep within the terms as the other booking I made in Dec has not registered on the dashboard, but the other activities from this stay have.

Better to be safe!!
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
SMH at the oddities here now that a sweep has been run on my account:

3000 - Book and stay once DONE
10000 - Stay 5 nights 40%
5600 - Stay 2 HIX DONE
3600 - Book Bonus pt DONE
1500 - Pay with CC not posted
16300 - Complete 4 of 5 75%

It's all strange:

Book and stay once - nothing
Stay 5 nights - in progress
January Boinus - nothing
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
All my expected progress markers came up 8 days on from stay - so not too bad actually. It even correctly picked up the app bookings which I thought it might not! (I had cancelled them and rebooked on 1/1/17 to play it safe)
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by steaminer
Does anyone know what they mean by "market"?

For example, when I search NYC, hotels in north NJ come up - they're not in NYC, but is this the same market?

Thanks
The T&C for that specific task lists hotels in the city and surrounding area that are eligible for the promotion. For NYC the eligible hotels are:

New York
BROOKLYN EVEN HOTEL, BROOKLYN HOTEL INDIGO, NEW YORK-BROOKLYN HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, BROOKLYN DOWNTOWN HOLIDAY INN, L.I. CITY-MANHATTAN VIEW HOLIDAY INN, QUEENS – MASPETH HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, JFK AIRPORT NEW YORK CITY CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL, NEW YORK CITY- TIMES SQUARE CANDLEWOOD SUITES, TIMES SQUARE - NEW YORK CITY STAYBRIDGE SUITES, NYC - LOWER EAST SIDE HOLIDAY INN, NEW YORK CITY FIFTH AVENUE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, LAGUARDIA ARPT HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, NEW YORK BARCLAY INTERCONTINENTAL, NEW YORK TIMES SQUARE INTERCONTINENTAL, MANHATTAN MIDTOWN WEST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, NEW YORK CITY – CHELSEA HOTEL INDIGO, NEW YORK JFK AIRPORT AREA HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, NEW YORK JFK AIRPORT AREA HOLIDAY INN, NEW YORK CITY - TIMES SQUARE HOLIDAY INN, NEW YORK CITY - WALL STREET HOLIDAY INN, TIMES SQUARE MANHATTAN CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL, NYC MADISON SQUARE GARDEN HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, LAGUARDIA AIRPORT HOLIDAY INN, LOWER EAST SIDE NEW YORK HOTEL INDIGO, NEW YORK CITY-WALL STREET HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, STATEN ISLAND HOLIDAY INN, STATEN ISLAND WEST HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, MANHATTAN TIMES SQUARE SOUTH HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, NEW YORK - TIMES SQUARE SOUTH EVEN HOTEL, NEW YORK CITY-MIDTOWN-57TH ST. HOLIDAY INN, MANHATTAN 6TH AVE – CHELSEA HOLIDAY INN, MANHATTAN-FINANCIAL DISTRICT HOLIDAY INN, NEW YORK CITY TIMES SQUARE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, New York - Hudson Yards CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL

Curiously, my stay last week at the HIX JFK has posted as a completed task and one of five nights required for a second task, though the 2,400 bonus points as a major city stay have yet to post, nor have the 1,000 points for a January stay. I'm sure things will reconcile in a few days.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 25, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
My Accelerate dashboard has disappeared (except for the header). There are no tasks listed, even though it says I still have 0/9 offers. At the top it says "complete all your offers for 2 free nights" which is new....but I can't see the offers. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by LizGross144
My Accelerate dashboard has disappeared (except for the header). There are no tasks listed, even though it says I still have 0/9 offers. At the top it says "complete all your offers for 2 free nights" which is new....but I can't see the offers. Has anyone else had this problem?
Same story here.

And January stay bonus is not posting.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
same here
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iggyray
Same story here.

And January stay bonus is not posting.
Yep, that's what I see.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:20 pm

Me too. It still has the correct (I.e. 3 of 7 completed) header info.

​​​​​​I really hope that 2 free nights for all offers stands, that'd be amazing.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I get 6 of 7 completed, which is a mystery, unless my credit card task posted and thus my completion task posted (but those have not posted through to my activity yet). And it also says complete all your offers to earn 2 free nights.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:35 pm

Mine shows 2 free nights for completing all tasks ( but no longer shows the detail of the tasks....other than 79,000 NIGHTS.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 9:36 pm

Someone on the night IT crew in Paris dropped a Pepsi on the keyboard...

(it was all there this afternoon -- I thought about a screenshot, but it would have needed several, and the data's all there in my account.)

Should we cast guesses at how long this glitch will stand -- or is it permanent?

How many strings on "2 nights"? I'd rather have 70k. And completing "all"? That was never the deal. And I was going to book my Asia stay tonight. Hello Accor.

Geezomanics (I'm suppressing my few cuss words in French. Camus would be disappointed in me, but St Exupery would understand. "les grandes personnes ne comprennent jamais")
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Should we cast guesses at how long this glitch will stand -- or is it permanent?

How many strings on "2 nights"? I'd rather have 70k. And completing "all"? That was never the deal. And I was going to book my Asia stay tonight. Hello Accor.
My dashboard is still showing the points progress (7000 out of 42000), so I don't see this as taking away the points tasks. If the free 2 nights are real, I think it'd have to be on top of the existing points offers. Time will tell, but I'm seeing this as either a good thing (free nights on top of the offer) or a neutral thing (it'll go back to "normal" with no mention of the free nights ever again.)
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
I'm also getting the blank dashboard / complete all offers for 2 free nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.