Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Platinum/Ambassador Benefits When Booking Through Chase UR Portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards, Hertz GoldPlus Rewards, IHG Rewards Club

Hello All,

I apologize if this has been answered conclusively elsewhere, but I searched and found conflicting second- and third-hand reports, so if anyone has any experience with this, your input would be appreciated.

I am an IHG Platinum via the Chase IHG MasterCard and an Ambassador via purchasing status with IHG Points. If I book a hotel stay using Ultimate Rewards Points via the Chase Travel Portal, will I receive my elite benefits with an Intercontinental Hotel? I provided my IHG Rewards Club Member number when booking through Chase.

Thank you in advance!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
So I've never booked through the Chase UR portal but I have booked on third party sites and YMMV. Sometimes I get partial benefits but not the whole package...sometimes I get everything. For me, it's been very hit or miss.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Airlines MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards, Hertz GoldPlus Rewards, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by csyoung49
So I've never booked through the Chase UR portal but I have booked on third party sites and YMMV. Sometimes I get partial benefits but not the whole package...sometimes I get everything. For me, it's been very hit or miss.
Thank you! Was there anything specific you did when you received full benefits (i.e. contacted IHG, booked with a certain OTA, etc.)?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
I cannot answer the question but I would consider the following:

(i) A Chase UR night is not an IHG rewards club night. Given that the UR rules should be applicable. I suspect that this night is treated by IHG as a night booked by an OTA or a night on a specific corporate rate (UR rate) and is a paid night, albeit you are not getting points.

(ii) To my recollection nothing in the rules prevents you from getting the Ambassador benefits on a third party website booking as these benefits are not linked with the booking channel. According to the rules however most benefits must not be granted on an IHG reward night (but several hotels will grant these), however we are dealing with a different animal here: Your night is not a IHG rewards night.

(iii) Contacting the hotel will to my belief not result in any useful information as the John Doe Booking Agent will have no clue about UR rewards nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.