Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Lisbon - Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: Royal Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Gym at Intercontinental Lisbon

I am thinking about staying at IC Lisbon. Either way I Need a good Gym at any Hotel.

On the Hotelīs Website I canīt find any recent Information. Some month ago the Hotel told me that the Gym will be refreshed soon. But no new Pictures of the Gym on the Website. I sent a second mail to the Hotel but no answer.

Has someone recently been to the IC Lisbon and can Report about the Gym?
Is it new now? How big is it? Do they have modern Crosstrainers?

Thank You very much indeed.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:01 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 7:22 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Looking to book here for November time. I can't decide as a Spire Amb whether to book an Exec River View room for 175 or a Club for 234. I need 2 rooms for 1 person per room - taking my dad away for a big birthday. I consider €60 quite steep when I see upthread I should be able to add Club for €35pp at check in! May as well spend €60 in the bar and have the brand of drink we want etc unless the Club is particularly good here. I see mixed reviews.

Questions are:-

1. Is the Club lounge still on the ground floor here?
2. Is it any good? IE I see you can have a cooked breakfast but what are drinks choices like for aperitifs?
3. Any huge upgrade issues here? IE I don't want to book an Exec River view to get 'upgraded' to a Club Room without club access - may as well book a Deluxe Park view for 162 to get an Exec Room.
4. Have they finished their renovations here?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Looking to book here for November time. I can't decide as a Spire Amb whether to book an Exec River View room for 175 or a Club for 234. I need 2 rooms for 1 person per room - taking my dad away for a big birthday. I consider €60 quite steep when I see upthread I should be able to add Club for €35pp at check in! May as well spend €60 in the bar and have the brand of drink we want etc unless the Club is particularly good here. I see mixed reviews.

Questions are:-

1. Is the Club lounge still on the ground floor here?
Yes

2. Is it any good? IE I see you can have a cooked breakfast but what are drinks choices like for aperitifs?
Drinks choice is so-so, though nothing much in the way of aperitifs.

3. Any huge upgrade issues here? IE I don't want to book an Exec River view to get 'upgraded' to a Club Room without club access - may as well book a Deluxe Park view for 162 to get an Exec Room.

Why not booked a Junior or Executive suite. They are better suited to 2 people and comes with lounge access included. Unless you really must have 2
separate rooms.

4. Have they finished their renovations here?

I couldn't say.

Last edited by turner32; Aug 11, 2017 at 6:17 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Thanks - yep we do need to rooms really as this hotel can't configure suites as twin beds so I'd end up on a rollaway which isn't ideal.

Thanks for info on drinks selection.

Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Thanks - yep we do need to rooms really as this hotel can't configure suites as twin beds so I'd end up on a rollaway which isn't ideal.

Thanks for info on drinks selection.
The junior suite itself is nothing to get excited about, however I really like the club and it's attentive staff
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:18 am

Hi, everyone.

I was just offered an upsale for Club lounge access for 35 Euros per person per night and I was wondering if it's worth it.
Can anyone say anything about the dinner spread? Is it like a tiny tasting menu or is there a small buffet as well? Can it serve as a light dinner or nothing of that sort?
Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: all
Originally Posted by TheShis
Hi, everyone.

I was just offered an upsale for Club lounge access for 35 Euros per person per night and I was wondering if it's worth it.
Can anyone say anything about the dinner spread? Is it like a tiny tasting menu or is there a small buffet as well? Can it serve as a light dinner or nothing of that sort?
Thanks!

Its pretty good....breakfast is awesome... and evening is only between 5-7 but they offer snacks and drinks..finger food, sandwiches, some really nice cod fish dishes
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by pantanal
Its pretty good....breakfast is awesome... and evening is only between 5-7 but they offer snacks and drinks..finger food, sandwiches, some really nice cod fish dishes
TNX!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The 5-7 business is weird: more to do with the convenience of the hotel than the comfort of guests.

I'm currently in a more solid IC with evening session reaching 20:30, or 21:00 with the goodwill of the lounge staff
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: IHG
I don't like the lounge here. I find the offerings poor, and the staff to be indifferent. They struggle even at 30% capacity. The area is claustrophobic, and it basically like a Mcdonalds without windows.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by turner32
I don't like the lounge here. I find the offerings poor, and the staff to be indifferent. They struggle even at 30% capacity. The area is claustrophobic, and it basically like a Mcdonalds without windows.
Agree. Just one difference: food at McDonalds is more consistent.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
:O
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Thinking of booking a stay here... For whatever reason, under "One Bed", the only room categories listed are Deluxe (base) and Club. Does that mean a one-category upgrade with Ambassador would always be to Club? There DOES seem to be an "executive river view" category but it's only listed under Twin beds? Which is obviously not what we'd want.

As Ambassador, what are the odds of getting upgraded to a club-access enabled room from the base Deluxe? Hopefully none of the "upgraded to club level but no club access nonsense, but at least this propery doesn't specifically say that upgraded rooms aren't eligible like other hotels do, so i guess there is hope).

If we (2 guests) had good shots of getting upgraded to a room with Club access that would obviously sway us towards the IC. Alternative would be the EPIC Sana which has similar prices for our dates of interest.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:47 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Thinking of booking a stay here... For whatever reason, under "One Bed", the only room categories listed are Deluxe (base) and Club. Does that mean a one-category upgrade with Ambassador would always be to Club? There DOES seem to be an "executive river view" category but it's only listed under Twin beds? Which is obviously not what we'd want.
The non-suite room categories here are Deluxe (base) Park View, then Executive River View, then Club. All are available with one king bed; some categories are probably just currently not available for your dates. If you book the Deluxe king, I'd expect that they'd end up putting you in the Executive River View king. They could also put you in a Junior Suite without Club access... though it's been reported in this thread that the Junior Suites are undesirable because they are on low floors and are dark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.