Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Spiff
Frequently Asked Questions
Please read these before asking your question in the thread.
  1. Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

2. Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my Into The Nights offers?
    A. No.

3. Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
    A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

4. Q. How long will it take for my points to post?
    A. Normally they post within a week or two.

5. Q. How long after stay points post to my IHG account is it until my personal Into the Nights dashboard is updated showing progress in my offers?
    A. The Tuesday after the stay points post to account. (edit: has been Thursday lately, November)

6. Q. Where can I find the Bonus Point package with Breakfast rate?
    A. Click here to book Bonus Points Package with (or without) Breakfast rate.

NOTE: Make sure that your email confirmation states something like this:

Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!

Otherwise you booked the wrong rate type. This type of rate also comes in a 1000 point version.

7. Q. I registered for this promotion before 10/20/2014 and my tasks changed! (E.g., "book a stay with the app" became "book 9 stays with the app").
    A. See this post from IHG's FlyerTalk representative.

8. Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
    A. No

9. Q. What are the conditions for the free nights being awarded?
    A. Free nights must be redeemed by December 31st, 2015 and must be claimed by January 31st, 2015 or members will automatically be awarded applicable points. Free Nights can only be used in participating IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption is subject to availability of the rooms of hotels specially provided for this promotion. The hotel rooms hotels specially provided for this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion.

10. Q.I chose the 2 free nights award, how do I book them?
    A. Go to your My Account page on ihg.com (after logging in). On the left hand masthead you will see an option labeled "Free Night Status". The page will show how many free nights you have available and provides a way to book the nights. Note that it's a bit clumsy -- an initial search will show that the lowest price is Free, but until you click thru you won't know if it's really available for your preferred nights.

11. Q. Can I trade the free nights?
    A. Not on FlyerTalk. They are specifically designated non-transferable.

Post #2585 has a link to the Dashboard. You can "Claim" free nights there.

Please update the FAQ as seems expedient.
Print Wikipost

"Into The Nights" 2014 Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aussielori
I have done the survey and that is not even showing as completed.
Did stays over a week ago and not showing.
+1
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:54 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
Mind if I ask how you know? As far as I can see, the terms indeed don't say you have to complete the stay.
Correct. And I'm sure you could sue IHG for the points in many legislations. Otherwise I'm 99% sure that IHG simply has crappy T&Cs and that you have to stay in order to get the points automatically.

HTB.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by aussielori
I have done the survey and that is not even showing as completed.
Did stays over a week ago and not showing.
Same here, but when I click on the link for the survey it just takes me back the my offers page!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: IC RA
Just completed an MR to satisfy a Saturday night booking for this promo, as somebody else has commented on I did notice at check in that it does say something like 'booked using App' somewhere on the registration form.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
As long as I check in do I actually need to stay the night?

I presume I can't stay at two hotels on the same night (hotels are next to each other)?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
As long as I check in do I actually need to stay the night?

I presume I can't stay at two hotels on the same night (hotels are next to each other)?
You don't need to actually stay, but you can't do two hotels in the same night (unlike SPG).
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Yes, I read it. Thanks for the warning. I don't waste my time complaining to the space aliens at the customer service line, I simply call corporate. They have always been more than accomodating.
I would also like to know the number. I didn't bother to check for a while since I had my confirmation email but my offer changed too and IHG basically said 'tough ....' even when I provided them with their own email showing the original offer.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I don't think anyone can give a definitive reply.

The reassurance I can offer is that in previous reservations and promotions, including those similar to this one, there was not a jot of difference between the way stays qualified where these were booked via cashback sites, or not (when i forgot to use the link!).
I did not have an issue for the previous promotions, but I DID have a problem getting a subsequent stay credited--when I called, they kept telling me I booked with a travel agent and I kept saying no, I had booked on the IHG website. Finally they credited it properly.
So I would take some comfort in knowing how they are treating SOME cash back bookings in this promo; again, I would be grateful if someone with current experience could post.

Thanks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:09 am
Suspended

FYI - Bonus Points plus Breakfast -

When you book make sure it says something like this (taken from reservation email that is sent after booking):

"Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG® Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 5,000 bonus IHG(R) Rewards Club points per stay when you book the 5,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!"

or this:

"Rate Description: Exclusive to IHG® Rewards Club members. Earn Faster with this package offer plus breakfast - Earn 1,000 bonus IHG® Rewards Club points for each night when you book the 1,000 Bonus Point Package plus breakfast each day (breakfast for up to 2 adults sharing a room). Membership in IHG® Rewards Club is free! Points can be redeemed at any time for a variety of rewards, including free hotel stays starting at just 10,000 points, airline miles, name-brand merchandise and more. Book now to take advantage of this special offer!"

I've been able to find them with 1000 points bonus package and some Holiday Inns (off the beaten path) offer 5000 point bonus package. Crown Plazas also seem to offer this rate.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
You don't need to actually stay, but you can't do two hotels in the same night (unlike SPG).
Thank you.

That's my three nights booked. The promotion will cost me less than £90 as one of the nights I was staying anyway
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Anyone got any stays countung on the into the night tracker?
My stay from 7.9-9.9 is on my account since 12.9 but not on the into the nights page
Stayed 9/6 and still nothing posted. I'm assuming they are sticking to the 4-6 weeks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Last time, they started late in crediting stays, only counting the ones going forward. I had to request retroactive credit for qualifying stays between the start of the promo period and the date they began posting actual credit for fulfilling requirements.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:49 pm

Does anyone have a contact I can use to get my promo page working?

PM me please!! Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by olympian
+1

++1 I did the survey and have a stay from over a week ago as well as one this past week. So far nothing is showing for credit on the promo tracker.

--Jon
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Just logged to my IHG account and noted that I have been credited 100 points for taking the survey even though it has not shown up in the Into the Nights program website.

Sep 20, 2014 | Other | Take our survey| 100 pts.| 0 pts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.