Tel +1 404 946-9000
Fax + 1 Fax: 404 946-9001
Email: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
http://www.intercontinentalatlanta.com/
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/atlanta/atlbh/hoteldetail

Next station:
Buckhead served by Red Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays (?)

Recent Experiences
Royal Ambassador
January 2018

Ambassador Experiences
June 2018
July 2018
Print Wikipost

IC Atlanta (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
I stayed here earlier in the year. Great location, but the hotel itself was mediocre IMO.

The stay was pretty poor - no recognition of Ambassador status (plus they have an Ambassador level to constitute an upgraded room to bypass the upgrade policy, but this was fully occupied and very, very noisy).

I sent an email to IHG saying I thought the service quality was below par for an IC property. The hotel contacted me directly, but then never followed up.

Whilst the standard was better than a HI (as you'd expect), it was not IC in my opinion, and it certainly at the bottom of the pile of the the 5 or 6 ICs I've stayed in this year. I won't be staying there again.

As an aside, the Perimeter Holiday Inn is probably the best of the IHG hotels in the Atlanta area that I've stayed in. I too, liked the Indigo, but the rooms are insanely small - and I say that as a European. Think more, Tokyo hotel sized rooms! Good location though, and nice ambiance.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Not as concerned with location as others. Been to ATL more times than I can count, and my stays are more for dining experiences than "tourism"...plus, the friend we go to visit lives in Buckhead, so location is fine.

It's the "mediocre hotel" & "the stay was good not great" that's keeping me away.

I don't have any particular status with IHG...just Platinum thru credit card by Chase. I'm more of an SPG-feign, so if the $122 IC rate is just for an average stay, I'll probably go Westin or W (within $20 of ICs rate).
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Intercontinental Atlanta - Experiences?

alas, I'm confident you'd find at least one review saying "mediocre" or "good not great" at the w or westin, or any hotel on earth!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
That's true, and I can only speak my experience, so YMMV and all that. All I can say is that I found the property pretty underwhelming and bordering on not enjoyable.

Ignoring price per night, I still found it a less pleasant experience than some other IHG properties in the area. That said, there was a wedding on that weekend so it was pretty rammed.

The indifference shown by the hotel to the issues I raised though, was atypical to the level of service I've seen in other ICs.

I might have been unlucky, but nonetheless next time I want to stay in Buckhead, I think I'll give the DoubleTree a go instead.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 2:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for all your input.

For the record, Adam1222, I wasn't expecting stellar reviews across the board. I was just commenting on thematic complaints.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 1:02 am

Does anyone have an alternative e-mail adress to contact them? They ignore mails to icbsales...
Old Aug 23, 2017, 8:20 pm

Any recent stays and experiences? I'm thinking of staying here or the Hotel Indigo Midtown location.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Staying here for a few days after July 4th. Have a few questions....

How big is the parking garage? I have a F350 Crew Cab Dually 4x4 - roughly top of the cab clearance lights are 6' 7" will I fit?

What is the upgrade situation typically? Do they honor ambassador reservations per the book or so so?
Old Jun 7, 2018, 12:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
Staying here for a few days after July 4th. Have a few questions....

How big is the parking garage? I have a F350 Crew Cab Dually 4x4 - roughly top of the cab clearance lights are 6' 7" will I fit?

What is the upgrade situation typically? Do they honor ambassador reservations per the book or so so?
I think there should be room in the parking garage but I'm not certain.

This hotel has become very strict with Ambassador uogrades. As a Royal Ambassador, I used to always get upgraded to suites. Since Club access has become standard, I have only been upgraded to a regular room on the club floor (booked King Deluxe), sometimes a corner room but not always.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:50 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Added the hotel to the master thread of IHG properties.

Also created a WiKi thread and feel free to add addtional information like e.g. Royal AMbassador Privileges on award stay and other non published benefits.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 12, 2018 at 5:06 am
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Spire Elite coming here for a business trip. No Ambassador Status. Any chance of an upgrade or any perk staying here or should I laugh my way out?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bimmerfreak0
Spire Elite coming here for a business trip. No Ambassador Status. Any chance of an upgrade or any perk staying here or should I laugh my way out?
Spire Ambassador booked a club room and my upgrade was to be put in a corner room (better view)

I wouldn't expect much

Club was small, extremely overcrowded and generally pitiful

I'll be at the JW Marriott next time.....
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Well color my stars! I was upgraded from a King Premier to a King Executive. Better than nothing and it sounds like it's better than most on this thread!
Old May 18, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
For IC Atlanta, is there any hidden room category between King Executive and King Club?
As a SA, I am hoping to be upgraded from King Executive by one level to King Club.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Another question:
Is that possible to be upgraded from King Club to Executive Suite as a SA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.