Old Jul 8, 18, 6:41 am
Hipplewm

Programs: Starriott PP, UA 1K, Hertz PC
IC Buckhead Atlanta

IC Buckhead Atlanta

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

#1 King Club (wife and myself)
#2 Double Club (Kids - one kid is 20 - so no issues if we are split up, no need for adjoining rooms)

Upgrade was rooms on the end of the hall facing downtown Atlanta (room with a view) - rooms were next door to each other

How are the rooms?
Rooms are very nice, bedding was very good
Shower ameneties were very nice according to the family members with long hair

How is the exec. lounge?
Small, was overcrowded for Friday and Sat night cocktails and Sat Breakfast

What was good and what was bad?
Spire Ambassador - my upgrade was to a room on the end and it did have great views
However the people next door have zero status and the room they were assigned has the same views etc, so i could have gotten the same room for the same price depending on when I checked in

Pool ran out of Towels on Fri and Sat, very few were put out then people started takign them from the bathrooms which are shared with the Spa until they were empty. I called housekeeping both days to inform them the towell rack was empty and nothing was done either day.

Valet refused to park my truck - in all fairness it is a F350 crew can dually - long bed, so it can be a handful. It is extremely rare to take my truck on a trip like this so I don't know how prevalent this is amongst valet.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
This was a mix of points/ca$h and AMB certificate and I doubt i would return here. there is a JW Marriott right down the street and I would venture to say if I return they will see my shadow