Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
If I have the US PC Credit Card and I automatically get Platinum, does this mean that all my nights will automatically roll over every year???
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by stifle
This is good, but there's still catching up to do. I would like to see free breakfast and club access for Platinum guests, like I get as a HHonors Diamond.
Some form of breakfast and club access will be added to top tier benefits forsure.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: AA, DAL, blah, blah, blah...The usual.
Anyone care to place on wager on PointsBreak's time left on earth?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by ktremor
If I have the US PC Credit Card and I automatically get Platinum, does this mean that all my nights will automatically roll over every year???
No only your nights over 40 if you do 4 brands and over 50 you 3 or less brands.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by airmotive
Anyone care to place on wager on PointsBreak's time left on earth?
My guess it will end sometime in 2014
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: IHG
There does seem to be something going on. The withdrawal of free Club access (at certain properties) for RA's at the beginning of Feb, could well be part of some bigger picture. Perhaps full RA benefits on award stays instead?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Now with more restrictive qualification criteria, I would expect status benefits to improve and become more consistent given there will be far fewer elites.
There's a fallacy at work in your reasoning that I see pop up frequently.

There's not a treasure chest of status booty that is split among the members. All the savings can accrue to the management and owners.

I see this same line of thinking at work here in the US regarding lower costs on things from taxes to labor costs. They do not necessarily flow to the consumer or employee.

To sum up, I wouldn't hold my breath or think I will profit from other's misfortune or loss of status.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Some form of breakfast and club access will be added to top tier benefits forsure.
It all depends on the particular hotel. Some make an effort to please status holding patrons and some don't. It doesn't really matter which chain.

The skimpers will give out old donuts and bad coffee. The service oriented are already doing something.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
I see properties circumventing free internet for elite members by setting up 2 different internet system. Elites will receive free "slow" internet. If you want proper internet, you got to pay for it. This is what's being done at IC Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.

To me, the most important benefits are :-

1) Upgrade to a good room
2) Free breakfast or Club access
3) Free Internet

Reward nights counting as elite nights are nice but not really that important to me. Just give me the 3 things I ask for and I will be a happy camper.

I do, however, enjoy the complimentary mini bar access for Royal Ambassadors. I don't drink alcohol at all, so it shouldn't cost the property much.
My experience is the opposite - in NA I have seen free wifi for all, with plats getting a login for a faster network.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Globalist
Still, as an RA i have not seen any compelling event for me to stay, if my may stay in asia will only earn 2000 points then thats it.
You must be doing something terribly wrong to get 2k per stay as a RA. 4k is the absolute minimum. I average ca. 8k/IC stay
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
You must be doing something terribly wrong to get 2k per stay as a RA. 4k is the absolute minimum. I average ca. 8k/IC stay
2k As Base
1k Plat
1k RA
1.33k~ as Amb Accelerator

5.33 at least
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by olegator
2k As Base
1k Plat
1k RA
1.33k~ as Amb Accelerator

5.33 at least
Yes, I got that for a recent IC stay in Europe. And for the same amount of spend I got this for an IC in the US:

15,802 base
7901 bonus
7901 RA
plus whatever for Amb Accelerator

IHG Rewards needs to be a Global program!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:37 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by turner32
There does seem to be something going on. The withdrawal of free Club access (at certain properties) for RA's at the beginning of Feb, could well be part of some bigger picture. Perhaps full RA benefits on award stays instead?
What properties stopped free club access for RAs?
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:57 pm

A step in the right direction in my opinion. Things I would like I see are:

* RA ambassador benefits honoured on all reward and non qualifying rate bookings
* Point breaks to stay
* There needs to be some perks for the platinum elite members - to ensure there is a real value proposition for brand loyal guests.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 2:28 pm
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Hi Everyone,
We're really excited to announce the new changes for the loyalty program today! Now that I think about it, I need to update the username for this account to IHG Rewards Club!

At any rate, I wanted to chime into the conversation as I've noticed several comments/questions regarding certain components of the changes. Here are a couple of questions that I'd like to help answer:

1) Free Wifi: We are in the process of building guidelines & standards that all hotels will adhere to. We're doing this to create as consistent of an experience as possible across all of our hotels around the globe. I'm not sure what the minimum speed/bandwidth will be, but hotels will not arbitrarily be choosing what level of wifi they provide. I also wanted to note that wifi access will be granted to members for the entirety of their time in the hotel (no 1-hour vouchers, etc)!

2) Fast Track Elite Status:
Gold Elite status = stay 15 qualifying nights or earn 20,000 qualifying points OR you can stay a combination of 10 qualifying nights at 3 different IHG brands.

Platinum Elite status = stay 50 qualifying nights or earn 60,000 qualifying points OR you can stay a combination of 40 qualifying nights at 4* different IHG brands.

In July, when we officially launch IHG Rewards Club, we'll update your account management display to have your "brand count" along with the nights and points required to earn Elite status. * Why the asterisk? Because you'll only need 40 qualifying nights and 3 IHG brands if you live in Asia-Pacific or Oceania.

3) Point Breaks: Last, but certainly not least...point breaks isn't going anywhere, any time soon

I hope that helps clear up some of the questions regarding our announcement today!

Carolyn

Last edited by IHGRewardsClub; Mar 26, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.