Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
I found a couple properties I wanted to book but I am down to 17K points. I was hoping to buy more points so chose a 40K IC that I was hoping was going to offer me to buy points to complete the reward stay but no such luck, it just said "you only have 17K points, please choose another rate for your stay". How many points do you need to have banked in order to buy more? And how can do I do this quickly and inexpensively?
Look for a cheap HIX for 10-15k? you cant book a 40k room with only 17k points as you would need a min of 30k
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Sorry I should probably be posting this elsewhere but it is kinda related as I am trying to book a pointsbreak room.

I remember in the past being able to buy "cheap" points, by trying to do a reward booking that cost more than the points I had in my account, then cancelling the room. I didn't get my money back but did get the points deposited in my account which I then could use for points breaks rooms. I think it was something like 20K points for $120. I just can't remember how I did it! Can someone remind me how to do that?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, SW RR
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
Sorry I should probably be posting this elsewhere but it is kinda related as I am trying to book a pointsbreak room.

I remember in the past being able to buy "cheap" points, by trying to do a reward booking that cost more than the points I had in my account, then cancelling the room. I didn't get my money back but did get the points deposited in my account which I then could use for points breaks rooms. I think it was something like 20K points for $120. I just can't remember how I did it! Can someone remind me how to do that?
The price has gone up. 20K will cost $140 now, and you need 5,000 points to start the process.

Step by step instructions:

http://milevalue.com/priority-club-p...s-this-spring/
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:40 am

the Holiday inn Vienna South is a quite nice modern Hotel and it costs only 15k a night and the rooms are very big.
in front of the hotel you can catch the local bus for a 10 minutes ride to the Metro which takes you directly to the city center a 24hours transport ticket costs only 6 euros also there is a small shooping center in front of the hotel with a lot of restaurants(cheap and lovely food) and mc donalds and burger king
Old Nov 4, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
the Holiday inn Vienna South is a quite nice modern Hotel and it costs only 15k a night and the rooms are very big.
in front of the hotel you can catch the local bus for a 10 minutes ride to the Metro which takes you directly to the city center a 24hours transport ticket costs only 6 euros also there is a small shooping center in front of the hotel with a lot of restaurants(cheap and lovely food) and mc donalds and burger king
Could I ask you one more thing: do you know anything about about Park Inn

Park Inn By Radisson Uno City, Vienna
Wagramer Strasse 16-18, Vienna, 1220

Is it easy to reach tourist attractions from? Thank you.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:07 pm

How quick to points from a stay post, and how quick if one buys?
I need some for a New Year holiday!
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by flygod
How quick to points from a stay post, and how quick if one buys?
I need some for a New Year holiday!
If you buy via "book cash + points then cancel" they post instantly. Don't know about stay points, haven't had a revenue stay in awhile
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: IHG (Spire), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Lifetime Gold); Hyatt (Globalist)
I've been staying at a lot of IHG properties the past two months and they all seem to take about 5 business days to post points from a paid stay... annoying really since Hilton and Marriott seem to post within a few days.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:34 pm

For the past month the points from my Saturday paid stays have been posting on the following Thursday. You should have plenty of time to accumulate points for a stay over New Year.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:03 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by skeeze666
I've been staying at a lot of IHG properties the past two months and they all seem to take about 5 business days to post points from a paid stay... annoying really since Hilton and Marriott seem to post within a few days.
Mine all take 5 actual days...not business days. Oct. 31 check-out posted on Nov. 4, for example. Always the same for me.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:59 pm

Got 1 PB night at the IC Tahiti for later this month. Had a trip planned and rearranged the day I was planning to stay to take advantage of the PB offer. Happy!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:37 am

One of these hotels is actually ideal for an upcoming wedding I'm attending. If I'm considering doing a "pointsbreak block" any suggestions for ensuring everything goes smoothly?

For example is there any reason for me to not just book a block of rooms myself if they're available vs. individual bookings? I really want to jump on this deal, but want to ensure there aren't any related headaches for other guests.

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by stimpy
I'm not sure as I don't have to pay full price. Maybe around €10 or so from the airport to Noisy. If you don't have a chipped credit card from an acceptable issuer, or enough Euro coins, you'll have to go to the human ticket booth to purchase a ticket. The human line is often long and slow as first timers ask a lot of questions. Just follow the signs that say Trains to Paris after you get out of the baggage area.

Then when you get to Chatelet, look for the red RER A signs, make sure you choose the right direction and the right train by looking at the posted map as you go down the stairs and looking at the monitor or display board next to the tracks to see if the next train stops at your stop.
Made it to the hotel. Took 1:15 to get here. Cost was €12.20.
the train waited a while somewhere 1/2 way. I dont know if there was congestion or what.

but the hotel is nice. nice new room. I got my welcome drink. Going to pick up some take-out and relax.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 5:19 am

yes you can reach the city center in about 8 minutes metro ride,as there is the UNO CITY metro station almost outside of the hotel crossing the street.Definitely a much better location.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by WORLDWIDE TRAVELER
I'm now staying at the holiday inn Edinburgh west on a flash points sale for 8,3k points instead of 35k which is a ridicoulus price(10 or 15k would be just ok) as the hotel is old and in very urgent need of renovation in its public areas like restaurant and bar thought the upgraded romm is clean but no castle view and the free 500points was welcomed.
I got the HIX Poole during that flash sale ....spacious exec room +free drink and snack .Was pleasantly surprised ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.