Search

2013 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
2013 Pointbreaks discussion

New year- new possibilities. The old thread has expired, and as I found no new one here it is

Bring on the pointbreaks discussion. Remember Flygvas (moderators) wise words http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18986414-post1.html and keep speculation in lounge thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...y-welcome.html
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Right now the list is pretty darn pathetic, esp in the US. Good thing we only have a few more weeks left til the new list comes out?

When it does, the list should go through March right? Is it 2 month cycles?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:25 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Fellow flyertalkers,

discuss and guess when we will see pointbreaks in 2013 as suggested by travelkid in his post. A new thread seems better than to continue the old one.

The old thead was a bit too big covering nearly three year and close to 5000 posts and so it is time for a new thread. The first attempt for 2012 was very soon reaching the level of 2011. It was closed on July 23, 2012. The thread for the second half of 2013 was closed on January 15, 2013.

Our goal is to keep this thread helpful and informative. Therefore I ask you to post in this thread only question related to point breaks such as (but not limited to):
  • practice
  • information about hotel appearing and disappearing on the list
  • booking (and maybe cancelation) questions
  • link to hotel reviews

If you have indication, when and if pointbreaks will be available, please give details for the source (e.g. was told (i.e. yestersday / on July 25th) by (the front desk / lounge agent / member of staf) of the (HIX City / a Holiday Inn in London) ...). I am fully aware that a reference to the source should / must be avoided, on the other hand, an indication is needed, that there was such a statement. It is a matter of trust and for us moderators difficult to differentiate between a joke post / rumor / trustd source.

Rumors, if the Point breaks are discontinued should only be posted, if you have a source for it and can name it (e.g. someone mentioned it in a hotel and you trust this source, etc.). Question, which hotels will be on the next point break list, could not really be answered. You might check the pointbreak hotel list thread about the history of CP and ICs on the pointbreak list.

All other discussions are not very helpful for person, who are new to this forum and do not know how to understand this discussion. I therefore aks you to post this kind of discussion in our Lounge Thread . I will move all non-topic discussions to this thread, so they are still available, but keep this thread a bit more useful.

Thank you very much for your cooperation and sorry for being once again the fun stopper - but such is life as a moderator.

FLYGVA & szg
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:27 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by travelkid
New year- new possibilities. The old thread has expired, and as I found no new one here it is

Bring on the pointbreaks discussion. Remember Flygvas (moderators) wise words http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18986414-post1.html and keep speculation in lounge thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...y-welcome.html
Thank you

Link of this thread in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...els-forum.html have been set and the old thread is closed.

And now back on topic ....
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Right now the list is pretty darn pathetic, esp in the US. Good thing we only have a few more weeks left til the new list comes out?

When it does, the list should go through March right? Is it 2 month cycles?
That is the norm. Exceptions have happened, like the one up to christmas.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:18 am
Suspended

Just to try to keep this thread alive ahead of next week's PB announcement in case some FTs may start new thread unnecessaily...

New list should come next week by theory...Keep your fingers crossed.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Just to try to keep this thread alive ahead of next week's PB announcement in case some FTs may start new thread unnecessaily...

New list should come next week by theory...Keep your fingers crossed.

If you really must post nonsense stuff do it here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...y-welcome.html
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
If you really must post nonsense stuff do it here
Not quite nonsense stuff. Just a prevention procedure in case some new FTers wish to start a new thread without knowing this one exists!
Old Jan 27, 2013, 1:49 pm
Suspended

I suspect they will release it tomorrow, 1/28/13, as they are already cutting it close to the end date of the prior point breaks release and they usually release them 2 weeks before the deadline.

In addition, I predict that they will have a pretty large number of high value properties (especially now, with the devaluation), perhaps as a salve for the recent decision to re-categorize a number of hotels.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Last few PB releases were 7 days before list expiry. That is why I expected new list last week on Thursday 24th January.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
It should be tomorrow, around noon EST but people will start finding 5K hotels
by just doing random searches a bit sooner.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:09 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
I just got a tweet from @priorityclub about the new PointBreaks being out. However, the page for Europe and the 31 January validity remain the same.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, BAEC
PC have just tweeted new list out, but still showing old list for me. Suspect it's propagating round their CDN
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
HI Auckland Airport is 5k.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
IC Fiji, HI Auckland Apt on the list, which has now updated for Oceania

Africa/ME
EGYPT
CROWNE PLAZA RESORT SAHARA SANDS PORT GHALIB RESORT

SOUTH AFRICA
CROWNE PLAZA JOHANNESBURG - THEOMAN

OMAN
CROWNE PLAZA RESORT SALALAH

TURKEY
CROWNE PLAZA ANKARA ROSEBANK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.