Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intercontinental Malta Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Not sure what "codes" youa re talking about, but as an Ambassador you are not entitled to club access on a reward or paid stay.
Just wondering if there were any discount codes.

All the rooms with Club access can only accommodate 3. I don't mind paying for the correct room but there doesn't seem to be any...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by whitelightning
Just wondering if there were any discount codes.

All the rooms with Club access can only accommodate 3. I don't mind paying for the correct room but there doesn't seem to be any...
Depending on the age of your children, the hotel may well allow all four of you in the club room. If they're 8 or younger, you should be ok. Email the hotel and ask.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Don't expect that particular IC to give you anything decent I would advise.

They even have a room level which they say they only use for Ambassador Upgrades so you don't even know if you've received an upgrade as you don't have anything to compare it with.

They won't get my business again, that's for sure
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG
Like Bloobell, this hotel won't get my business again after my last visit where my "upgrade" to a "recently remodeled" room put me into a room with furnishings from what I guess was the 1970s including sheets, mattress, curtains, and towels. And this was for a visit in 2015 or 2016.

The curtain had so many holes it looked like it was lace, even though it was made out of light blocking material.

And to top that off, I had called when booking to inquire about construction noise as I had been warned there was construction going on in and around the hotel. They assured me that their sound-proofing on every room meant I wouldn't hear anything during my stay. What a joke. Even with all windows and curtains closed, we were woken up at 6am every day of our stay. You could also hear the noise when sitting in the club.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Had a really nice weekend in Malta. Booked first night Panoramic Suite and second night Deluxe. Could upgrade second night for €150,-

https://imgur.com/UOPuoVE

https://imgur.com/B7rXHXr

https://imgur.com/au1TXqO
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
We’re in Malta for the weekend. I can confirm that Spire Ambassador booking a Club room receives a two category upgrade to a Deluxe Suite. I’ve posted a fuller review in the Ambassador experience thread.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:45 pm

What's the weather like now - we were there at the end of October last year and had pretty atrocious weather.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
What's the weather like now - we were there at the end of October last year and had pretty atrocious weather.
We have been very lucky. Friday it was 23 degrees and Saturday was 22. Sat out in a bikini on both days. My son went in the outdoor pool on Friday and said it was nippy but there were others using it. Forecast for tomorrow is 23.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:37 pm
alc

we are considering using a BOGO cert at this IC. Any recent experience for Spire Ambassador?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Anyone been asked for ID using a corporate code at either the HI or IC?
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Anyone been asked for ID using a corporate code at either the HI or IC?
Be ware of newer @Rewards t+c's update.... https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...member-tc.html

IHG may cancel your account so if you have a points balance (or booked future award nights) don't risk things to save usd15-30/night

See Point 7.6
7. Our right to cancel your membership, and to revoke or adjust Point deposits. SCH has the right to cancel any individual’s Programme membership, and to revoke any and all unredeemed Points and/or benefits or rewards collected, for reasons that include, but are not limited to:
6. Member’s commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Programme, including but not limited to the abuse of corporate rates without authorisation (as demonstrated by, for example, appropriate identification or validation at check-in), any conduct that improperly impacts the accumulation of Points or rewards, or abuses the redemption aspects of the Programme (including the use of “bots” or other automated means of promotion entry);
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Be ware of newer @Rewards t+c's update.... https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...member-tc.html

IHG may cancel your account so if you have a points balance (or booked future award nights) don't risk things to save usd15-30/night

See Point 7.6
7. Our right to cancel your membership, and to revoke or adjust Point deposits. SCH has the right to cancel any individual’s Programme membership, and to revoke any and all unredeemed Points and/or benefits or rewards collected, for reasons that include, but are not limited to:
6. Member’s commission of fraud or abuse involving any portion of this Programme, including but not limited to the abuse of corporate rates without authorisation (as demonstrated by, for example, appropriate identification or validation at check-in), any conduct that improperly impacts the accumulation of Points or rewards, or abuses the redemption aspects of the Programme (including the use of “bots” or other automated means of promotion entry);

i have about 10k points, not risking anything doing this and I'm saving about 50 euro a night with the corp code so it's worth the risk on my week long stay
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Flyertalk doesnt condone fraud. If you want to risk it yourself, go ahead, but its against the rules of the forum to ask for help in perpetuating fraud.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:42 am

Any recent stays? Anyone made use of the Skybeach?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:37 am

Need Hotel's e-mail address

Hope someone can provide me with hotel's e-mail address. Nothing on the hotel website or tripadvisor( they sometime have an address ).

And second question is how to get to the hotel. I will arrive at a god forsaken time, 11:45 p.m., nearly midnight. Don't feel like renting a car.
If taxi is my sole option, are they safe and trustworthy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.