Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Premium Visa card [UK] (was PC Rewards Black Visa Card)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Does anyone else find it frustrating that the Creation/ihg statements never seem to be produced on the same date every month?

All my other card's statements are produced on the same date every month (weekends excepting – albeit my Natwest credit card statement seems to always be produced on the 10th of the month regardless of it being a weekend or public holiday etc).

Over the past year, my Creation/ihg statement dates have varied from the 20th of the month to the 26th of the month. Then I don’t get an e-mail saying the statement is ready until a few days after that – if indeed I get an e-mail.

Then it is a game of guess the date the points are credited to my ihg account!

BM
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
Does anyone else find it frustrating that the Creation/ihg statements never seem to be produced on the same date every month?

All my other card's statements are produced on the same date every month (weekends excepting – albeit my Natwest credit card statement seems to always be produced on the 10th of the month regardless of it being a weekend or public holiday etc).

Over the past year, my Creation/ihg statement dates have varied from the 20th of the month to the 26th of the month. Then I don’t get an e-mail saying the statement is ready until a few days after that – if indeed I get an e-mail.

Then it is a game of guess the date the points are credited to my ihg account!

BM
They're pretty bad in everything they do really but they seem to have got a lot worse lately, especially in terms of messing up points being posted.

Have you ever read their Trustpilot reviews? Pretty much sums them up, I think!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.creation.co.uk
Old Mar 23, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by skitchen
They're pretty bad in everything they do really but they seem to have got a lot worse lately, especially in terms of messing up points being posted.

Have you ever read their Trustpilot reviews? Pretty much sums them up, I think!

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.creation.co.uk
Crikey,

I know they are poor, but those Trustpilot reviews are a pretty dire indictment.

If it wasn’t for the amount of points I receive from them (and thus free hotel stays) I would drop them like a hot potato.

As soon as Hilton start doing a UK credit card again, I will be ditching this card like a shot.

BM
Old Mar 25, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Bizarre then. If it it was in your IHG account that would suggest Creation have done their bit and the problem is on the IHG side?
​​​​​

update - had a reply from both IHG and creation now. IHG cannot comment now simply referring me to Creation. Creation say the free night should be awarded 8-12 weeks after the card anniversary therefore I got it too early and that is why it was reversed. Never heard such lies in my life. Once you have met the spend and passed the anniversary that should be it . Not up to 3 months later.

and to crown it all the voucher is back in my account so I'm about to go use it right now!

I can't wait for the new Hilton credit card!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by scottish minnie
​​​​​

update - had a reply from both IHG and creation now. IHG cannot comment now simply referring me to Creation. Creation say the free night should be awarded 8-12 weeks after the card anniversary therefore I got it too early and that is why it was reversed. Never heard such lies in my life. Once you have met the spend and passed the anniversary that should be it . Not up to 3 months later.

and to crown it all the voucher is back in my account so I'm about to go use it right now!

Unless Creation run it!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
​​​​​

8-12 weeks after your anniversary? My anniversary was 22nd March and I got my free night today...maybe I'm just lucky ^
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
​​​​​

Do you have any inside information on the Hilton card?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Saral
8-12 weeks after your anniversary? My anniversary was 22nd March and I got my free night today...maybe I'm just lucky ^
My experience was similar
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by enox5
Do you have any inside information on the Hilton card?
not a sniff sadly. It’s been around a year since the previous one was withdrawn with the promise of another coming soon but no joy so far. I live in hope though and I google “uk Hilton credit card” every week or so to see if I find anything
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:26 am

How's people's experience with using this card and getting 4x points on all foreign spend connected to Curve?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Tilly71
How's people's experience with using this card and getting 4x points on all foreign spend connected to Curve?
You don't because it's converted by Curve in Pounds, you'll get the normal 2x.
Tilly71 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Has anyones counter reset to zero? My June statement dated the 25th shows the 99 pound fee, But still the counter has not been reset.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Tilly71
I've also had problems with this card not giving 4x points on overseas spend when it's 'card not present', despite them still charging the foreign exchange fee
Old Jul 13, 2019, 3:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by voodoofish
I've also had problems with this card not giving 4x points on overseas spend when it's 'card not present', despite them still charging the foreign exchange fee
Yes count me as well. But they sorted out after initial contact.

Now I just do not use it for overseas spending. Too much trouble.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Did anyone get the questionnaire to fill in a month or so ago from IHG with various alternatives to what we are getting at present with the card, I should have screen shot them, from memory the cost was between £149 and £199 and u had to say if it was a price and you got for example guaranteed club access, breakfast, Hertz points, another free night at 25k spend ... Would u still use the card etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.