Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Porto Palacio Das Cardosas (Portugal) Master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Porto Palacio Das Cardosas (Portugal) Master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
Just returned from the Intercontinental Porto.

Palacio das Cardosas really can be called a palace. Normally I do not go that quick to a hotel restaurant but theirs i can really recommend. The food is amazing and affordable. Now is Portugal affordable for dinner for sure, but here it's a 5* dinner where i would get in the Netherlands a 3* dinner. Lovely Ports also!

They don't have the standard IC bathroom ammenities, that's really nice. So no IC "smell" on your body after a shower ;-) My daughter even recognizes the smell. LOL.

Rooms are very nice, upgrade was to a junior suite. breakfast was good. many things on orders too.

photos i made you can see here:
http://www.christravelblog.com/portu...-hotel-review/
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by christravelblog
Just returned from the Intercontinental Porto.

Palacio das Cardosas really can be called a palace. Normally I do not go that quick to a hotel restaurant but theirs i can really recommend. The food is amazing and affordable. Now is Portugal affordable for dinner for sure, but here it's a 5* dinner where i would get in the Netherlands a 3* dinner. Lovely Ports also!

They don't have the standard IC bathroom ammenities, that's really nice. So no IC "smell" on your body after a shower ;-) My daughter even recognizes the smell. LOL.

Rooms are very nice, upgrade was to a junior suite. breakfast was good. many things on orders too.

photos i made you can see here:
http://www.christravelblog.com/portu...-hotel-review/
I agree its a small classy hotel - restaurant was good.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:25 am
Suspended

I am currently staying at this hotel and was upgraded to a two floor suite. Everything stared just above is accurate. Classy with excellent service from the staff.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Hello again; Mar 27, 2016 at 11:37 am
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Hello again
I am currently staying at this hotel and was upgraded to a two floor suite. Everything stared just above is accurate. Classy with excellent service from the staff.
You might ask for an Executive room with view: smaller but much nicer and better view rather than the - strangely designed - two floor suite
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nicolas75
You might ask for an Executive room with view: smaller but much nicer and better view rather than the - strangely designed - two floor suite
Yea, there is no view from the living room area but my corner suite has a good view towards the cathedral from the bedroom. I suppose a room overlooking the Praca DA Librador would be good.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:22 pm

Did you take a taxi from OPO to the hotel? approx. how much? I will be there in 2 days. thx.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MargeHK
Did you take a taxi from OPO to the hotel? approx. how much? I will be there in 2 days. thx.
http://www.porto-airport.com/taxi.html
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:09 pm

thanks. In Lisbon, Sofitel informed us to take the taxi from the Departure area to avoid extra charges, looks it does not apply to OPO.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Just spent a couple of nights here, and it was very nice indeed. Room was greatgot an Ambassador upgrade to an Executive Kingand breakfast and the bar both featured great service and great food/drinks/ambiance. The concierge was a real delight, too. Location is extremely convenient.

I'd come back in a heartbeat.
Old May 16, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I am here in august for 5 nights on points.

I am looking forward to it but there is not too much information out there.

any idea how well RA's get treated?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:48 am

We were very pleased with our 2-day stay here in October 2017. Very good staff. We used our free nights with the IHG card, and the 2 room bookings were coordinated efficiently at our request. Email from staff demonstrated perfect English.

I'm not particularly interested in the view from the room, since the purpose of the visit is to visit and experience the city, not to sit in a hotel. We enjoyed the 2-story room and it offered the flexibility of 2 bathrooms and speeded up things in the morning.

Excellent location just steps (half a block) from the Sao Bento Train Station, where we arrived by AP train from Lisbon.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: JAL DMD, Hildon DMD, Velocity Plat
Any more recent stays in this hotel? I am normally a Hilton person and this will be a first for me for the Intercontinental. Let me know if you have any suggestions
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by brooding
Any more recent stays in this hotel? I am normally a Hilton person and this will be a first for me for the Intercontinental. Let me know if you have any suggestions
I stayed as a RA last august.

Rooms: Beautiful
Service: Great
Decor: Beautiful

I absolutely loved this hotel. One of my favourites!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:29 am

I was there in February. As above, with the Ambassador experience instead of lounge just fantastic. Took the metro from the airport for the first time. 1 change at Trafalgar, very easy.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I was there in April. It's an iconic hotel in a great location. As a platinum ambassador I did not get an upgrade but I booked a very nice room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.