Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Crack the case" Promo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, AMEX Plat, Priority Club Plat, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by maposo
Mine also had the 10,000 points for e-mails...
Opt in for emails earn 10,000 bonus points - UNLOCKED

And when I first went to the promotion page it was ALREADY unlocked. Does that mean we will NOT get the 10,000 points because we were already opted-in for e-mails? Or will we get the 10,000 points just for "accepting the mission" ?
I hope so. I will wait for a while into the promotion until I complain. I was also in the 179,300 bonus points crowd. I will complete this promotion to collect the 125,000 points. Not sure if I will do the 10 nights or the credit card. Leaning towards the credit card.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:17 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Just wondering... for those that have received the offers, do you have the option to receive "Priority Club Rewards Special Offers and Promotions" checked in your profile?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chunky649
Wow to the person who got 6 challenges... (opt in for email? How did (s)he get the challenge?!

Anyway, I got a good offer, but have some questions:

2. Take the survey: 500 points I took it and after 30 minutes, still locked! It was a long survey too!
Didnt read the T&Cs did you, at 1st neither did I but once I did I saw where it said something to affect that it will take a few days after completing a task till the pts for doing that task will post and I take it the Unlocked part wont happen till then either
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Thumbs up

I have no status and only 1 stay this year. My offers are pretty good:

Survey 2000 DONE
Two brands 4400
10 nights 5600
Opt-In for emails 10'000 DONE
Two saturdays 3300

All for 150'300!

I like the fact you can combine them together (Say, combine the 10 nights with the saturdays and two brands) so I think I might actually take ICH up on this challenge! Well worth the points that I can then redeem at SIN IC!

Some of the survey questions and responses were clearly aimed at HH's recent promos (Double points, Free Night after xx stays/nights). I hope HH takes note and responds with a decent promo.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:49 pm

Can confirm that a friend has received a Crack the Case offer - his was a survey and a modest number of nights/brands/Saturdays for an ultimate reward of 88k.

He lives in Perth (Australia) with no status, so this is anyone's game, as long as PC target you. I, on the other hand, have nothing (as of yet, and potentially not at all )

I think it's funny how some people got a case where one of the latches is a large number of nights, viz. over 60 nights in less than one year. Should one complete that latch, shouldn't there be a good case (pardon the pun) to hit up for IC RA?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Beckles
I just upgraded to IC RA on August 10, I had one stay in forever until mid-July, then I've had four stays in the past 40 days. I have been Gold for a while just based on bonus points, and I would have been Platinum now even without the RA status. My current balance is 91,803 points.

I think this is about as easy as the offers get:

Visa - 30,000 bonus points
Survey - 500 bonus points
10 nights - 5,000 bonus points
2 brands - 2,200 bonus points
2 Saturdays - 1,700 bonus points

83,000 bonus points for completing 4 of 5. Should be pretty easy for me to get, I had been moving business to IC because I've already requalified for Diamond in both Hyatt and Hilton and a very generous friend referred me to RA status.

The survey was interesting, they were surveying for what bonuses are most enticing, I rated free nights the highest (free night after x stays or nights) and % off the lowest in general. Of course, the survey was a bit silly when they assigned offers to different brands, it doesn't seem to recognize that 2,000 or 5,000 points in various programs do not have the same value between the programs.
Wow, 4 out of 5 gets you 83,000 points?

You don't even have to do the 10 nights! Visa, survey, 2 brands and 2 Saturdays nets you 83,000. Hard to believe that 2 single night Saturdays at 2 different brands could yield an 83,000 payout. That's incredible!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
no email for me, at least not yet. I wonder the percentage of PC customers that will be targeted forthis promo. I have in excess of 130k points earned on 16 nts this year. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a hurdle that can be accomplished and still keep status with other programs as well.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:09 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by payam81
I have no status and only 1 stay this year. My offers are pretty good............
I think you're right.

I like this promotion and think it's refreshing but it's definitely more rewarding for people low numbers of recent IHG stays.

I have been given a target of 70 nights and 30 Saturday's An eye watering task for a 9 month period.

Strangely I may find myself staying more with other hotel chains in order that my target for next years promotion is reduced to a realistic level .
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by LRD
Just wondering... for those that have received the offers, do you have the option to receive "Priority Club Rewards Special Offers and Promotions" checked in your profile?
Can't answer your question, but I didn't have that option checked and haven't received anything (and presumably won't).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: meh
Originally Posted by LRD
Have it checked and have 91 nights in the last 4.5 months. Guess I'm not a market that needs targeting.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
I need to unlock five of five for my bonus of 100,000 points - seems to be middle of the road overall:

Take a Survey - 2,000 points
Opt in for Emails - 10,000 points
Stay 23 room nights - 2,800 points
Stay at 4 brands - 2,200 points
Stay 7 Saturdays - 3,300 points

Two are already completed, but the tough one will be getting the fourth brand as there's only IC's, CP's and HI's in this part of the world, unless I end up in Hong Kong or beyond by May. The rest is pretty doable though fortunately (along with any other promos that pop up between now and then).
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
For people getting this "email opt in" condition for 10K points, isn't email how they got the original "Crack The Case" offer in the first place?

In reading the different offers people have received, it's interesting how multiple people have received 10 nights, 2 brands, 2 Saturdays and the survey as 4 things to unlock...but for some reason the bonus points they can receive can be completely different compared to someone else with the same 4 requirements.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by foxberg
Maybe this is only for PLT members?
Both of us are plat. I got the email in the morning but having tried to open the case yet. Hubby still has not received any email.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by chunky649
2. Take the survey: 500 points I took it and after 30 minutes, still locked! It was a long survey too!
I wouldn't worry about this one. Mine hasn't credited either and I think it can take a few weeks to get in there.

Mike
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Visa=60k
Survey=2k
102 Room Nights=18.9k
Stay 48 Properties= 26.7k
5 Saturdays- 3.3k

unlock 4 = 283k points
unlock all 5= 393,900 points

I'm not signing up for another credit card so this isn't going to be a great one for me. I just re-upped for RA and will have a lot a travels coming up but I'm not going out of my way on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.