Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can an RA refer themselves?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Can an RA refer themselves?

Just wondering if it's possible (i.e. whether it's been done before) for an RA to refer themselves for requalification?

E.g. December Ambassador year, receive RA in July (for 6 months) and post in RA referral cert in November.

I'm guessing not, in which case the other option (besides multiple accounts) would be to find someone in a similar situation and refer each other.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:50 am
Alf

Programs: Lufthansa HON Circle, IC Royal Ambassador, American Express Centurion, Mastercard World Signia
Thumbs up Yes

Several people have done this before.
It was easy as long as the referrals had no expiration date.
With today's certificates people have to deal between two accounts or two RAs work close together (one refers each other).

If you'll be in the very seldom situation where the RA Service Center asks who referred you just make sure you can mention another RA who confirms this.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Easiest way is to have 2 accounts (different addresses needed and absolutely no matching details allowed, even stored credit card details, or they spot it). I did this for 4 years until they stopped giving out new certs with referral packages!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alf
Several people have done this before.
It was easy as long as the referrals had no expiration date.
With today's certificates people have to deal between two accounts or two RAs work close together (one refers each other).

If you'll be in the very seldom situation where the RA Service Center asks who referred you just make sure you can mention another RA who confirms this.
I'd have to double check, but I'm fairly sure the top of my referral certificate has a field for the RA member's name and #.

Either way, I should requalify on stays this year, but just wanted to check for future reference.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Is this a case of autoreferring?

Does it lead to warts?

Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by Raffles
Easiest way is to have 2 accounts (different addresses needed and absolutely no matching details allowed, even stored credit card details, or they spot it). I did this for 4 years until they stopped giving out new certs with referral packages!
I am SUCH a beginner at this game!!!!! I like your style sir!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.