Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Rebumping. Say requal happens early March for year that ends May. When do stays count for the new AMB year? June? Or starting as early as March?
I ithnk your question has been answered quite a few times in this thread. Anecdotally, they will initially look at the year from March 1 to February 28 (or 29). If you fail to requalify then and contact them they may take into account what you are doing in the 3 months from March 1 to end May, after you have done it. Best to requalify for the first pass at the beginning of March.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by northshorepa
This should be of some comfort to those who were told that only stays at ICs counted toward RA. After being RA previously and then downgraded, I just found that I am once again RA with the following stays in this Ambassador year (beginning in August).

46 paid nights (32 since January)

21 HIX
1 HI
15 CP
3 Candlewood
3 Indigo
3 IC

Fortuantely, the majoroity of the rest of the year will be at ICs so I can actually take advantage of those benefits.

Only 46 paid nights?! Any award stays during this period? I have 52 paid nights and 12 award nights since April 2010 (about one-quarter at ICs), plus another 8 paid and 10 award nights this month and next, so looks like I should requalify. (Sorry referral cert is spoken for.)

BTW just checked my account and see an April 2 entry indicating "Ambassador Renewal" has been posted. Does it ever post as "Royal Ambassador Renewal"?

Last edited by Shareholder; Apr 3, 2011 at 1:51 am
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Only 46 paid nights?! Any award stays during this period? I have 52 paid nights and 12 award nights since April 2010 (about one-quarter at ICs), plus another 8 paid and 10 award nights this month and next, so looks like I should requalify. (Sorry referral cert is spoken for.)
It does not only depend on the number of stays, but on the market you are in two. Prerequisits for EMEA, Asia and Americas might well be very different. Furthermore overall spendings might well count in. This system is nothing but opaque and the only thing we know is that you are pretty safe at 57, 58 nights. I have, however, requalified with 43 nights too (EMEA region, only IC, high spending).
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
For those that also requalified, how soon after requalifying do you receive a new kit? Was renewed March 5th, but today April 1 still no new kit...
I find the new kit only arrives after the membership year has started. In my case, it is a June 30th expiry and I seldom get my new kit until sometime in July!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I always get my RA kit before my RA year expires. (Estados Unidos)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just qualified yesterday to attain RA status with 48 paid nights in the last 12 months
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I just qualified yesterday to attain RA status with 48 paid nights in the last 12 months
What was the brand breakdown, broadly speaking, Dave?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by turtlemichael
What was the brand breakdown, broadly speaking, Dave?
18 Nights / 8 stays Holiday Inn
22 Nights / 5 stays Crowne Plaza
8 Nights / 4 stays InterContinental

Probably an average of approx AUD200 a night

Would probably have got RA back earlier this year if the IC in Wellington wasn't so poor that I spent 1 night there and then promptly moved to the Grand Chancellor for the remaining couple of weeks I was in town
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by Shareholder
......just checked my account and see an April 2 entry indicating "Ambassador Renewal" has been posted. Does it ever post as "Royal Ambassador Renewal"?
Congrats on your renewal.

No, it never says "Royal Ambassador Renewal".

I failed to retain RA a couple of years years ago (earned it back in 8 months), the dreaded downgrade message is "Member Recard".
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by midnight
the dreaded downgrade message is "Member Recard".
Member Recard is related to New A\RA cards issue after program changes some time ago. Not related to renewal of RA\A IIRC.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
Originally Posted by northshorepa
This should be of some comfort to those who were told that only stays at ICs counted toward RA. After being RA previously and then downgraded, I just found that I am once again RA with the following stays in this Ambassador year (beginning in August).

46 paid nights (32 since January)
How many nights in the calendar year? I'm pretty sure that upgrades (rather than requals) are based on the previous 365 days, not just your Amb year.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by raikje
How many nights in the calendar year? I'm pretty sure that upgrades (rather than requals) are based on the previous 365 days, not just your Amb year.
Not more than 55 total, and the majority would have been award nights.

Not sure how that would affect my AMB year (that begins/ends in AUG) if they also look at the previous 365. I realize it's been answered before, but I didn't realize they would do the sweep this early so it might be a short stay for me at RA.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I ithnk your question has been answered quite a few times in this thread. Anecdotally, they will initially look at the year from March 1 to February 28 (or 29). If you fail to requalify then and contact them they may take into account what you are doing in the 3 months from March 1 to end May, after you have done it. Best to requalify for the first pass at the beginning of March.
No, the question you answered has been answered several times (so thanks again for confirming). My question is this, if you have requalified from the RA sweep that occurs 3 months ahead (my case, RA expires May 31, 2011; so sweep occurred March 5 2011). The sweep requalified me as RA.

My question therefore, is for next years requal (for the sweep that will occur on March 5th or so 2012), when do stays start the counter? Does it start after March 5th 2011, or not until June 1, 2011?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:01 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
No, the question you answered has been answered several times (so thanks again for confirming). My question is this, if you have requalified from the RA sweep that occurs 3 months ahead (my case, RA expires May 31, 2011; so sweep occurred March 5 2011). The sweep requalified me as RA.

My question therefore, is for next years requal (for the sweep that will occur on March 5th or so 2012), when do stays start the counter? Does it start after March 5th 2011, or not until June 1, 2011?

I will put it another way, your AMB or RA year (same thing) does not change.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
What message do you get in "Other Activities" if you are not renewed to RA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.