Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Stay X nights - get 10k points" promo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
I assure you, I'm not unhappy. I am just interested to know if PC applies any practice of excluding high volume stayers. I can't recall anyone saying they were excluded to date.
Oh there are lots of threads about it all going back a good few years.

PC + LOGIC =
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Hope no one else makes this mistake. Veterans know why but to make a long story short - there will be multiple codes coming out over the next few days with various qualification nights for various payoffs. Some will probably have bonuses for all online reservations in addition to the regular bonus. There will probably be somewhere in the area of 10 different versions, give or take. The promo period doesn't even start until 7/1/2008 so registering makes no sense.

For anyone to register before seeing all of the options available is really doing themselves a disservice.

Just a little advice and ingore it if you choose.
I didn't know that there were several variants available, thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 21, 2008, 2:11 am
Suspended

Programs: ICH,Starwood,BA,AC
Does the stay X nights for 10K points include ambassador free weekend nights cert usage?

I have 8 nights out of 10 and am staying at the IC montreal tonight and Sunday using the cert for one night.
The searches I did here and on the IC site are not clarifying the pictrue for me.

Last edited by hardripples; Jun 21, 2008 at 2:39 am
Old Jun 21, 2008, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
In theory, you only get 1 night stay credit when using a 2-4-1. This only counts 1 night towards a 'Stay x'. Sometimes you get lucky and get 2 nights credit. Sometimes you are unluckly and get 0 - in which case an email to PC will correct the situation.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 1:42 pm
Suspended

Thanks, have just checked in and did not give them my cert yet and not sure what to do about it as it expires in July and I may not get a chance to use it before then. If they don't give it to me I will have only 9 nights on 10 night for 10,000 mile bonus.
I think I will give it to them and hope for the best and maybe take a cheapo room one night next weekend at a HIX in my area if it doesn't post before then.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
:mad:

Originally Posted by Raffles
In theory, you only get 1 night stay credit when using a 2-4-1. This only counts 1 night towards a 'Stay x'. Sometimes you get lucky and get 2 nights credit. Sometimes you are unluckly and get 0 - in which case an email to PC will correct the situation.
Before, you (I) always get 2 stay credit, never got 1, lately you need to fight for every stay to post, anyway I always fight for 2nights credit and not for 1.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by hardripples
Thanks, have just checked in and did not give them my cert yet ...
You need to hand the certificate over when you check in. While they may accept it later, they would have the right to decline it.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Roger
You need to hand the certificate over when you check in. While they may accept it later, they would have the right to decline it.
Handed it in this AM and asked them if breakfast chits etc are still good for 2nd night and they said "pas de problem"
Old Jun 23, 2008, 4:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
I understand the above is true for IC stays using a free nights certificate.

What about the current 2-4-1 nights rate promos at HI/HIX/CP across Europe. Would these count as 2 nights towards a 'Stay X' promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.