Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best IC Club lounge in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:59 pm
PD

Thanks, nicholas75, for that great list. Though I haven't visited nearly as many as you have, I agree that the lounge in Paris is outstanding.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I concern the best one is Paris Le Grande..

Q. As an ambassador booking a points reservation at IC London, would I get access to the lounge?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:48 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
I concern the best one is Paris Le Grande..

Q. As an ambassador booking a points reservation at IC London, would I get access to the lounge?
I seriously doubt it, but if offered £40 for two people (and you actually use it for breakfast, afternoon tea and drinks in the evening) it is well worth it.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nicolas75
AUSTRIA
Vienna
Design and space : +
Amenities (PC, magazines, ...) +
Service: ++
Food: ++
Free for RA for cheapest room rate: NO

CZECH REPUBLIC
Prague
Design and space : +/-
Amenities (PC, magazines, ...) +
Service: ++
Food: ++
Free for RA for cheapest room rate: YES
PLease note that /
- Prague club lounge is currently (definitely?) closed
- Vienna former club lounge is closed for renovation, but is still operating in a non permanent place.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by aquaguy
Hello

Am currently at the IC Malta in one of the terrace panoramic suites on club floor. The club here is very nice indeed. Very nice terrace, good food, spacey, very friendly staff.

Cheers
aquaguy
Completely agree -- stayed for 4 nights in the IC Malta last year, and the family loved it. Staff in the lounge faultless, helpful, friendly -- breakfast very good, including champagne if required; afternoon sandwiches very nice and plentiful; evening cocktails and canapes a blast !
I shall be returning for sure ^
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:14 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by nicolas75
PLease note that /
- Prague club lounge is currently (definitely?) closed
- Vienna former club lounge is closed for renovation, but is still operating in a non permanent place.
nicolas, ist the new lounge in VIE still not open? They promised it for mid Dec, my last stay was in November and my next in April. And I was so curious about it.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 1:19 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
No, I returned from London a couple of days ago.
Upgrade yes, free Minibar yes, Welcome gift yes.
Lounge Access 40 Pounds plus VAT

Although I was not fully satisfied with the lounge (especially food supplies) I would pay it again, as breakfast and evening drinks can be downright expensive in London (as in every other large City).
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by ClubICGirl
nicolas, ist the new lounge in VIE still not open? They promised it for mid Dec, my last stay was in November and my next in April. And I was so curious about it.
ClubICGirl, it was when I was there in Feb. Wasn't bad either.
At the time of writing, I've only stayed at one other IC, in China, and it didn't compare favourably with that, but it was better than all the CPs I've been in, and comparable with most Hilton lounges I've been in (and better than some)
Old May 1, 2009, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
I was just at the Le Grand last week. It was my first stay there. All of the rave reviews on this forum influenced me to stay there.

The lounge is nothing special. In fact, I'd say it isn't even worth mentioning. All that they have are very basic breads and deli meats at breakfast, along with a tray of eggs, bacon, and potatoes. The champagne bottles were empty any time of the day that I visited, but the staff was great and did bring out new bottles on request.

The food was fine, but nothing better than you can pick up at any street vendor, corner market, etc. It was definitely below what you could get at any cafe.

Even my gf commented on how disappointing the lounge was, and she didn't have any expectations.

The thought of paying 150 euros for the lounge is mind blowing. The discounted 90 euro rate is outrageous. I'd have to think very hard about even paying 20 euros for it. I probably wouldn't.

I've been to Hilton lounges in Europe that blow it away.

I'll never return for a leisure visit.

Last edited by jgsx; May 1, 2009 at 4:38 pm
Old May 1, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by jgsx
I was just at the Le Grand last week. It was my first stay there. All of the rave reviews on this forum influenced me to stay there.

The lounge is nothing special. In fact, I'd say it isn't even worth mentioning. All that they have are very basic breads and deli meats at breakfast, along with a tray of eggs, bacon, and potatoes. The champagne bottles were empty any time of the day that I visited, but the staff was great and did bring out new bottles on request.

The food was fine, but nothing better than you can pick up at any street vendor, corner market, etc. It was definitely below what you could get at any cafe.

Even my gf commented on how disappointing the lounge was, and she didn't have any expectations.

The thought of paying 150 euros for the lounge is mind blowing. The discounted 90 euro rate is outrageous. I'd have to think very hard about even paying 20 euros for it. I probably wouldn't.

I've been to Hilton lounges in Europe that blow it away.

I'll never return for a leisure visit.
Strong remarks. Please cite 2-3 of the Hilton properties you are refering too.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Strong remarks. Please cite 2-3 of the Hilton properties you are refering too.
What is strong about it? The lounge offers bread, meat, and an extremely basic breakfast. Most of the view is of the top of the building. How that equates into an amazing lounge is beyond me. It's not an awful lounge, but if that is as good as IC lounges get, then I don't care about IC lounge access.

Hilton Park Lane - blows this lounge away. Multiple services of excellent food
Hilton Arc De Triomphe - nothing too special, but still better than Le Grand imo

EDIT: I meant Park Lane

Last edited by jgsx; May 2, 2009 at 6:51 am
Old May 1, 2009, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by jgsx
What is strong about it? The lounge offers bread, meat, and an extremely basic breakfast. Most of the view is of the top of the building. How that equates into an amazing lounge is beyond me. It's not an awful lounge, but if that is as good as IC lounges get, then I don't care about IC lounge access.

Hilton Hyde Park - blows this lounge away. Multiple services of excellent food
Hilton Arc De Triomphe - nothing too special, but still better than Le Grand imo
Unless I am mistaken, Hilton Hyde Park does not have a lounge.
Old May 2, 2009, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Unless I am mistaken, Hilton Hyde Park does not have a lounge.
He probably means Hilton Park Lane (which is on Hyde Park and does have a nice lounge, but obviously not the same hotel as Hilton Hyde Park). FWIW, I somewhat agree with him regarding the IC LeGrand lounge. I think I was expecting a somewhat better lounge just cuz it was hyped up so much here on FT prior to my visit. I frankly didn't think it was that much better than IC London lounge. The afternoon hor'deourves were better at LeGrand and the breakfast was better at London I thought. London had a better selection of beers inthe lounge and LeGrand had the good free flowing champers. Just about a wash IMHO. I wouldn't say the Hilton lounges blow it away, but I'd certainly say some of the European/Asian Hilton lounges are about on par with it.
Old May 2, 2009, 1:40 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I also like the Hilton Arc de Triomphe lounge, but from my perspective, I haven't been at a European Hilton lounge (yet) that blows the IC Le Grand lounge away. The one that is probably as good as the IC Le Grand is the one at the Hilton Cavalieri, since rebranded a Waldorf Astoria Collection property.
Old May 2, 2009, 6:53 am
Suspended

Yes, I meant the Hilton on Park Lane, which is at Hyde Park.

I thought the food and lounge there were far superior to the Le Grand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.