Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:30 am

IC Paris Le Grand

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked a Junior Suite for the first night and a reward night for the second night. Received a lovely Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
Nice size, we could see the Eifel Tower.

What was your welcome gift?
Fruit and a box of crackers.

How is the exec. lounge?
We did not have access.

What was good and what was bad?

+ We checked in at 9am and were told that the room was not ready. They invited us for breakfast. Just when we finished, the FD clerk came to our table and gave us our key cards for the room. Perfect! ^

Value for $? Would you return?
Great value for points, we'll try the IC Ave Marceau next time though.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:36 am

IC Amsterdam Amstel

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a reward night for only 40k points! Got an upgrade to an Executive River View Room (1 Cat upgrade)

How are the rooms?
One of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. The size of the bathroom was excellent.

After two calls we received a bowl of fruit. Never received a welcome gift.

How is the exec. lounge?
There is no exec. lounge.

+ Excellent room, nice view
+ Great value for only 40k points.
- Prices are crazy, 12€ for a Evian water from the minibar is just insane.
- No one greets you, when you enter the hotel

A bargain for only 40k points, will return asap.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
IC Singapore

IC SIngapore

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a business room using BOGOF during christmas weekend & receive 2 cat upgrade to Shophouse King Club Room

How are the rooms?
Facing the shopping arcade, newly renovated, king bed, large LCD TV, sofa for 2, large bathroom, double sink, deep soaking tub, rainfall shower

Peranakan Styled Bookmarks which can be used to redeem a free drink @ the lounge (cocktails to wine anything!)

How is the exec. lounge?
Great. Service quality was good. Food could be improved. Love the interior decor.

Excellent upgrade. great rooms, extremely nice service. no complains

SGD400++ for 2nights with BOGOF? yes i would

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 25, 2015 at 9:57 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of title only
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Le Club Silver, GHA Platinum
IC The Strings Intercontinental Tokyo

Platinum Ambassador

Very happy

Superior room and was upgraded to a corner suite

How are the rooms?
For Japanese standards it was quite large. Had a nice view of the Rainbow bridge connecting Odaiba and a city line view of Ginza, Shinjuku etc

Fruit and a two bags of Japanese snacks

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

We were able to check into our room at 1030. l'occitane amenities provided. Great views. Turn down service remade our rooms.

Only bad thing was that the hallways sometimes smelled like cigarette smoke.

Given Ambassador upgrade to the suite plus the free weekend certificate we used, it was phenomenal value. Would also return for the convenient location.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
IC Toronto Yorkville

Platinum Ambassador

Yes.

This was an awards stay - the first I've taken despite accumulating 600K points. So I booked and received a standard room. I was pleased to see that my treatment remained excellent.

How are the rooms?
This room faced the back. I really liked the residential neighborhood view. I've has several stays here, and always had courtyard or Bloor St. views. Standard IC room - marble bathroom, sofa, chair desk, gabled window. Large for this price point in downtown Toronto. The room was good.

Fruit and Eska bottled water. The water was replaced daily.

I'm a fan of the hotel's management, location, and physical product, and this stay did not disappoint.

The one issue I had is that the hotel has embraced the trend to late housekeeping. 5:30 p.m. for a leisure trip does not work for me! I asked for earlier service, and received it.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:43 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
InterContinental Stephen F. Austin (Austin, Texas)

InterContinental Stephen F. Austin (Austin, Texas)

What is your status?
Platinum Ambassador

Not especially.

We booked a "One Bedroom Suite" and received a corner "Executive Suite" (with Club access). It was on the top floor, slightly smaller than the room we booked, and was open plan rather than having french doors between the sleeping and 'living' areas.

How are the rooms?
The room we were in had been renovated (some others still haven't) and its location meant it was quiet. Three out of four internal doors (to bathroom, toilet and closets) didn't close properly. The "wet bar" is a sink and countertop with empty cupboards underneath.

A bottle of water (imported from Italy ), a jar of nuts and raisins (labelled "spa mix") and an extremely large apple (but no knife).

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 2:00 pm, which is fine, but it wasn't ready the promised 45 minutes later either. We got a room just after 3:30 pm. We mentioned this and a couple of other small issues (including the non-closing doors) in the post-stay survey and a manager responded with an offer of IHG Rewards points, but so far they haven't posted.

Having a coffee maker (Keurig) in the room is nice. Only having one coffee pod is silly. The bath towels were neither soft nor large.

How is the exec. lounge?
Weird. We didn't visit in the afternoons or evenings, but in the mornings the 'Club InterContinental' becomes the hotel's breakfast room. This means that some guests are ordering and paying for breakfast, others are eating the breakfast included in their room rates, while others are there because they have lounge access. Staff didn't seem very interested in guests. The floor was left unswept. A request for bread resulted in toast arriving several minutes later.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
Using a BOGO meant we paid under $300 a night (plus parking at $38). We'll probably return, as we have in the past, because the location's great and the hotel bar is a pleasant place to finish the evening. But this property wouldn't pass as an IC anywhere else.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Intercontinental Madinah-Dar Al Iman

Intercontinental Madinah-Dar Al Iman

What is your Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very Happy

Booked with points (standard room 24 sqm); got DOUBLE UPGRADE to DELUXE TWIN HARAM VIEW (36 sqm). Please note that only Muslims are allowed to enter Madinah city since the city is already crowded with Muslim pilgrimage. Therefore; probably not many of them have Ambassador membership so the staffs here are very courteous to us; giving double upgrade for example.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are what you expect from IC; a bit 90s but in a good way. The room is very clean; and the view from the room is very beautiful; overlooking to the Masjid Al Nabawi.

- Fruit Platter
- Mineral Waters

How is the exec. lounge?
They don't have executive lounge

What was good
- The location is just off to the Masjid Al Nabawi; therefore it is just walking distance to the Mosque; especially since one of the Mosque Gate is exactly just behind of the hotel back door.
- The view from the room is very beautiful
- Stayed there with my parents; therefore it should be 3 persons in the room. The hotel exempted my extra bed charges upon check-out; It should be 150 SAR/person/night. (150 SAR=40 USD)
- View from the main restaurant is also beautiful; overlooking to Masjid Al Nabawi.
- Double Upgrades on redeeming points definitely hard to find; especially since I'm only Platinum Ambassador.

What was bad?
The hotel feels like 90s five-star hotels but very clean and...since the services were very good so I gradually forgot this during my stay

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
30,000 pts per night for 800 SAR room (210 USD); not counting the double upgrades definitely steal!! Sure!

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 1, 2015 at 11:30 pm Reason: Added name of property to post - not thread title only
Old Mar 10, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Intercontinental Paris Le Grand

Platinum Ambassador

Yes

Booked a classic room with an into the nights voucher.

How are the rooms?
Nice size for a classic room. large closet area and decent size bathroom though the shower was small.

Fruit, 2 mineral water, package of paris postcards and hard candy

How is the exec. lounge?
We did not have access.

Checked in at 3 was a pretty standard stay nothing above and beyond happened. Was not disappointed.

Great value nice room and close to the things we wanted to see, we'll try the IC Ave Marceau next time though.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador
Intercontinental Toronto Centre

Intercontinental Toronto Centre

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Club Floor DBL Bed, upgrade was not available due to the requirement of two beds as we did not want someone on a cot....

- How are the rooms? The rooms seemed alright, nothing special.

- How is the exec. lounge? Not sure how they handle it at other hotels but this lounge is extremely close to check in desk(bar one foot from check in desk) and the food is in room across from front of desk. So you kind of feel like you are being watched at all times. The coffee area is around the corner. The afternoon tea was dainty types of little desserts, like cream puffs, delicate cakes, etc. (for some reason I thought there would be sandwiches? ). Breakfast had muffins/croissant, fresh orange juice, scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, toast, bacon, mini generic muffins, etc. The prices on the honor bar were approx $8 bottle beer, $12 glass wine.

- What was good and what was bad?
Waited three hours for fruit/gift, which I thought was odd, but it was my first time staying on Ambassador so I actually started thinking the fruit was the bowl beside check in and the gift was the chocolates on my bed! When we came back from supper, it had arrived. I thought it might be something special as it was my birthday and I had written it in notes on reservation and mentioned upon checking in. But it was just a small box of cookies (same one that had been served during the afternoon tea.) I like the check-in on 8th floor, was always the only people at the desk, the desk downstairs on main floor had approx 20 people lined up.

- Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
The day that I booked it was low season so it was close to $200 /w tax for the club room and I think the regular rooms were going for 30 less, so I think for the experience it was good. It will be good to see what happens next time we arrive with a real upgrade. I thought I had read from other people that they had gotten something like drink tokens when upgrade was not available. I guess I was feeling a bit dissapointed, couldn't get upgrade, gift or fruit took forever to arrive.

Would you return?
Pretty much have to return because there are only three Intercontinentals in Canada, Montreal, Two in Toronto. I can't understand why Vancouver doesn't have one.

I remember seeing a forum with pictures of the room gifts before, can't seem to find right now

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K Marriott Gold IHG Ambassador SPG Gold
IC Doha The City

Intercontinental Doha The City

Gold Ambassador

Yes

Booked a standard king and was upgraded to the Club Lounge Floor. Even though I was upgraded to the Club Floor, I could not use the lounge.

How are the rooms?
Nice large corner room with large closet area and a huge bathroom.

Fruit platter and mineral water

How is the exec. lounge?
I was upgraded to the Club Floor but I was told I could not use the Club Lounge unless I paid $100 USD extra per night. I decided $100 USD was too much. Enjoyed staying on the Club Floor even though I could not really use it.

Enjoyed the 4pm checkout. I thought the buffet breakfast was pricey. I ate there once and then elsewhere for the rest of my stay.

Good value. Yes, I would probably return.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Rust, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
IC Athenaeum

Plat ambassador.

Eventually.

King Club. Initially given same with a view of Acropolis and told this is the upgrade. Disputed it and subsequently moved to Junior suite.

How are the rooms?
While the King club is acceptable, the a/c was ineffective and the room fittings in poor condition. Raised this with maintenance.
Junior suite is surprisingly large with walk in closet and double entrance door.

Standard fruit bowl, litre of water and box of chocolates. Have two now!

How is the exec. lounge?
Fine. Nice terrace with view over Athens.

See above...

Average per night is 215 euros. Not cheap for the region. My second stay here and not so convenient location so may give the Crowne Plaza a shot next time.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
IC Montreal

Plat ambassador.

Yes Very much so

Booked the King Tourelle Suite was upgraded to the King Club Suite aka The illustrious suite

How are the rooms?
For a suite the living room area was a little small for 4 people. The bedroom was very nice and 2 toilets 1 shower 1 tub and 3 sinks.

3 Macaroons and a bottle of Eska Water

How is the exec. lounge?
Very nice has a fireplace lounge area breakfast is berries with eggs and sausage with pastries, fruit juices and coffee maker for lattes, espressos and the like.

The pullout couch could of been more comfortable. could feel the spring on our backs needs more padding. The club lounge was great as well as the pool and sauna. Room was good acceptable as well as the location.

Yes definitely. The king tourelle suite was just 279 CAD and it was right next to old montreal and walking distance to many attractions.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Le Club Silver, GHA Platinum
IC Melbourne

Plat ambassador.

Very happy.

Basic room from a reward night, so no upgrade.

How are the rooms?
Spacious enough for 2 guests. Bathroom was nice as well.

Some Easter Eggs

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Bose sound system remote kept on activating the tv...

Was a free night. But if I had to pay for the room I would think twice.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
IC Asiana Saigon

IC Asiana Saigon

Platinum Ambassador

Yes, most definitely.

Booked two nights. First night on a PB, King Bed Deluxe Room. Second night paid stay, King Club Intercontinental Room.
Upgraded to Deluxe Suite for both nights, on the top floor of the Hotel.

How are the rooms?
The room was excellent in both size and comfort. Separate toilet and wash basin as you walk in the door. Large desk. Spacious lounge overlooking the City, with ample seating for 4-6 people. Large Samsung HDTV on the wall. Minibar was stocked plentiful, but we didn’t have any. The bedroom area was large, with I think, a King Bed. Sheets were so soft too. Another large Samsung HDTV on the wall. Bathroom was on the large size. Separate shower and bath, with a small HDTV in the wall above the bath. Bathroom accessories were extensive and the toiletries were Agaria, with what seemed like a limitless supply. We ended up bringing so many back with us, there were too much to use over the two nights we stayed there.

We received a bottle of Champagne from the hotel, a piece of Cake, fruit and a ceramic cup with a bespoke oriental design on the front. We also won a bottle of House Red Wine at check-in with the Hotel offering IHG members one pick from a “lucky draw”. We were told that House Red/White was the top prize.

How is the exec. lounge?
Excellent, and by far the best Club lounge I have been in. Everything was extensively stocked and the staff were excellent, nothing was too much for them. We used the lounge for breakfast both mornings, and we also had afternoon tea both afternoons. Evening canapés it became much busier than breakfast and afternoon tea, but the staff were always very attentive and we never had to wait long to be seen to.
The Assistant Manager and general manager spoke to us on separate occasions whilst in there, which we both felt was a nice touch.

Check in was expedient and hassle free. Everything was intricately explained. Staff attentiveness and helpfulness was at an all-time high, they literally could not do enough for us. The room was excellent and just what we needed. It was nice to have a relaxing sanctuary in the Hotel, away from all the madness and franticness of outside.
The only negative aspect, which turned into a positive was that we used the laundry service and the t-shirt my wife sent down returned smelling of cigarette smoke. We asked for it to be re-cleaned and the Hotel went above and beyond with the service. We received three letters in our room from three separate managerial personnel apologising for the error. The Assistant Manager spoke to us in the Club Lounge about it, and also apologised, and upon check out, the front desk manager also apologised for the error, which was blamed on a chemical smelling agent they use to clean their clothes. We were also allowed to extend past the 4PM late checkout time as our flight was a little later. We checked out shortly after 5PM, as our flight left Ho Chi Minh City at 8.45PM.

If ever I find myself in Vietnam again, I would stay at the IC Asiana Saigon without any hesitation. I thought it was a beautiful Hotel with attentive staff and a real calming ambience.
The pianist in the lobby was also a really nice touch. My wife and I really enjoyed the last two days of our honeymoon at this property.

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 7, 2015 at 11:54 am Reason: added name of property to post instead of post title only
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: IHG Plat AMB, BA Bronze & QF Silver
IC Sydney

IC Sydney

Platinum Ambassador

Yes.

Booked a King City Side View Room on a PB stay and we received the same room.

How are the rooms?
The room was great. It was of ample size with a nice large window seat to look on to the buildings of the City. We could just see the Harbour from our room, but it was more about sleeping before our flight to Ho Chi Minh City that interested us. This was the night of our wedding and with checking in past 11pm, and having to be up and at the airport for 8AM, I didn’t even have the energy to try and get a room upgrade out of them.

We received a bottle of Champagne from the hotel, along with some individual chocolates on a plate that announced their celebratory wishes at our marriage. Nice touch.

How is the exec. lounge?
We didn’t have club lounge access.

The room was just what we needed. The bathroom was large and well stocked with amenities and bottled water.
I was slightly disappointed, even though it isn’t expected on PB stays, that we were not upgraded. My wife and I turned up to the Hotel in our wedding attire; it was obvious we had just been married that day. On reflection though, I feel an upgrade would have been slightly wasted on us due to us leaving at around 7.30AM the next morning.

It’s my favourite Hotel in Sydney, with my favourite restaurant in Sydney in the lobby. I’m sure we will return sometime soon, my wife and I share an affinity with this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.