Wiki Posts
Search

It is official: 1 Million Points.....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25
Impressive! ^

And now someone at PC will be able to figure out who bom_noite is
I hope they do and throw another promotions his way once PC realizes what a great customer he is.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Kudos!!!

At 480K, I'm aspiring to hit the half-million mark by year-end, and am in awe of the 1MM achievement. I too have stocked up on half-price $250 cards, and hope that the 4X promotion returns next quarter (esp. since otherwise, even with all the promos, as an almost exclusively multi-night IC stayer, PC points at the flagship ICs are fairly stingy and it's the RA that is what I care about, not the points).
Old Dec 20, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Wow, and here was me thinking my 750k over 140 nights was impressive!!

Well done sir!

JAT
Old Dec 20, 2007, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Million Miler / Plat, ICH RA Plat, Gold Father, Nickel Husband
Originally Posted by JAT74L
Wow, and here was me thinking my 750k over 140 nights was impressive!!

Well done sir!

JAT
One thing I did not mention: My travel year included another 90 nights in Golden Tulip hotels in Holland. I was forced there as there was no ICH property close.

For my 90 nights I accrued 75K GT Points which turned in to six 2500 Point Xfers to a American Airlines account (Primarily fly Delta - but put those and Car Rentals on my AA). Never once got an upgrade or any other special treatment.

Had I used it for Free Hotel rooms I would have recieved about: 5 to 7 stays. This is truly laughable. It show's you how good the Priority Club truly is. Why even have a loyalty program.

The majority of my ICH points came via the weekends (Check-in Fiday and Check-out Monday) - and the last 3 months on a new project in Brussels.

I also was able to snag a few days at a HI about 40 miles away from the Dutch office. Though it was a terrible commute to and from.
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:31 pm

Programs: A few....
Sweet Action! And all in 1 year...simply amazing!
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: A few....
In case you had more points than you know what to do with....I just happen to know of a donation program....:O)
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:48 pm

Programs: * A
Congratulations ^! Well executed! Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Do you even have a home of your own? That is awful lot of hotel nights in a year but very impressive point earnings!!

Congrats and enjoy your points windfall.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Well if you value a Starpoint as 3 x PC points, I earned well over a million points between the two programs. However I only spend the points on free nights for friends and family.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 11:40 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; IHG Spire Amb; Marriott Diamond; HHonors Gold; AA Exec Plat; United 1K
Let me echo the well done. That is truly impressive. Makes me want to rethink staying at ICH properties more next year to see if I can get a 3rd of that!!
Old Dec 29, 2007, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
I don't know whether to offer congratulations or condolences.

Well done. ^
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well if you value a Starpoint as 3 x PC points, I earned well over a million points between the two programs. However I only spend the points on free nights for friends and family.
Well. My yearly total is around 700K PC (about 100 nights), 400K HH (about 50 nights), 200K Marriott (about 65 nights), and 150K Hyatt (about 50 nights). On Hyatt I earned bunch of FFN's and FF miles as well so the earning ratio is actually higher.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 10:46 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by holtju2
Well. My yearly total is around 700K PC (about 100 nights), 400K HH (about 50 nights), 200K Marriott (about 65 nights), and 150K Hyatt (about 50 nights). On Hyatt I earned bunch of FFN's and FF miles as well so the earning ratio is actually higher.
So you spent less than 3 months in your own bed at home in 2007?...assuming you would also have spent a number of nites on planes. I'm afraid I prefer my own bed more than any hotel bed to be envious
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by kpc
So you spent less than 3 months in your own bed at home in 2007?...assuming you would also have spent a number of nites on planes. I'm afraid I prefer my own bed more than any hotel bed to be envious
Actually less than a week.

I had probably around 40 (most of them Hyatt FFN's redemption nights from last year's promotion carried over to this year) nights using points in addition to the points earning nights I had listed above. At least 20 nights sleeping on a plane. Some nights at non chains hotels as well.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by holtju2
Actually less than a week.

I had probably around 40 (most of them Hyatt FFN's redemption nights from last year's promotion carrrier over tho this year) nights using points in addition to the points earning nights I had listed above. At least 20 nights sleeping on a plane. Some nights at non chains hotels as well.
Me too pretty much. Although I don't stay in nearly as many chain/points hotels as you.

See another thread on flyertalk about being homeless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.