Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum RA - What Benefits @ Crowne Plaza

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Platinum RA - What Benefits @ Crowne Plaza

I am a Platinum Royal Ambassador who has recently been referred so I have jumped from Ambassador to Royal Ambassador.

Checked my status at Priority Club and it says that I am now a Platinum royal ambassador.

I havent stayed at a Crowne Plaza in ages.

which benfits can I get at CP with my new status.?

For example upgrades, minibar, pick up etc

I will be in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia soon and they only have a CP their.

Any other hotels reccomended at a good price.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:48 am

Royal Ambassador only applies to IC hotels. I don't think CP hotels recognizes RA status.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
See Plat benefits here:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/.../0/en/ptc.html
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:28 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a Platinum Royal Ambassador who has recently been referred so I have jumped from Ambassador to Royal Ambassador.

Checked my status at Priority Club and it says that I am now a Platinum royal ambassador.

I havent stayed at a Crowne Plaza in ages.

which benfits can I get at CP with my new status.?

For example upgrades, minibar, pick up etc

I will be in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia soon and they only have a CP their.

Any other hotels reccomended at a good price.
A and RA only provides benefits at IC.

Platinum benefits at Crowne Plaza is normally limited to room upgrade and sometimes club access (normally in association with club room).

On occasions, I have enjoyed some nice upgrades at Crowne Plazas, so perhaps RA does help sometimes

Good luck.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
In my experience staying at the CP Kuala Lumpur, when booking a Deluxe Room they've upgraded me to a Grand Deluxe room and when booking a Grand Deluxe Room they've upgraded me to a Suite. Only once have I been given an upgrade to a Club Room, well a Club Suite - though that was on my honeymoon, so I wouldn't expect that in general . No free mini-bar or airport pickup though.

It's certainly my favourite hotel in KL, great value for money and well located as well for most things around the city centre.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:05 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
My experience at the CP in KL is that a room upgrade will generally happen (although not always). I like it for the location and I think good value.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
This question comes up altogether too frequently.

IC needs to do a better job of either or both of:
a) explaining the difference between IC branded and ICHG group hotels, or
b) harmonizing the Ambassador and the PriorityClub programs; Ambassador status has no impact on non-IC but ICHG hotels; Platinum Status (and the Priority Club program itself) is of nominal value only at IC hotels.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by vsevolod4
This question comes up altogether too frequently.

IC needs to do a better job of either or both of:
a) explaining the difference between IC branded and ICHG group hotels, or
b) harmonizing the Ambassador and the PriorityClub programs; Ambassador status has no impact on non-IC but ICHG hotels; Platinum Status (and the Priority Club program itself) is of nominal value only at IC hotels.
This question may come up frequently because thread-starters like yourself fail to read the T&C brochure you get with your Ambassador/RA kit, or the colour brochure...both of which set these terms out very clearly. Not to mention you must never read your online confirmations bookings...

IC does a very good job in this regard. Since you were an Ambassador prior to becoming an RA, when you made your booking online, the final confirmation page should have IN BOLD RED LETTERING "Ambassador benefits do not apply to this stay." You get this on all non-IC brand online bookings.

And no, few of us want to see "harmonization" because it's been this way since IC took over the HI/CP et al brands, and we like the rather different stay benefit nature of the AMBASSADOR/RA program (nee Six Continents Club).
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
This question may come up frequently because thread-starters like yourself fail to read the T&C brochure you get with your Ambassador/RA kit, or the colour brochure...both of which set these terms out very clearly. Not to mention you must never read your online confirmations bookings...
Also wouldn't hurt to read the whole thread first. Then you might have noticed that vsevolod4 wasn't the starter of this thread
Old Oct 6, 2007, 5:54 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
I'm another fan of the CP in KL and in my experience, the only time I've gotten an upgraded room was when I booked a regular room. My past few stays have always been Club rooms and they've never upgraded me. I know I should have said something when checking in but they are kind enough to let my girlfriend into my room 4 or 5 hours before I arrive so I fell kind of awkward asking for an upgrade after that.

But i will be there next month without the girlfriend so I will ask then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.