Search

Crowne Plaza Nanjing (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 9:25 am
htb
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Crowne Plaza Nanjing (Master Thread)

I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza Nanjing and am considering a Club room (via the "book 3 nights at the best available rate and get an upgrade to a Club room").

Did anyone stay at the Crowne Plaza Nanjing and knows of what consist the Club Privileges? Will there be complimentary breakfast served in the lounge? Or does anyone know how much they charge for their buffet breakfast?

Thanks in advance,

HTB.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 9:10 am
htb
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
OK, since knowbody seems to know. Club privileges are:
  • Welcome fruits or flowers (luckily I got the fruits!)
  • Free breakfast for two in the club lounge or in the restaurant
  • Hapy hour between 5 and 8 pm with snacks, drinks and cakes
  • Free use of club lounge with free flow of coffee and tea all day
  • Afternoon tea from 3 to 5 pm
  • 2 hours (consecutive) free use of club lounge meeting room per stay
  • 100 CNY laundry allowance per day, not accumulative
  • free internet (normal cost: 60 CNY per 24 hours)
  • 6 soft drinks from the mini bar per day (excluding the Evian water) -- called "honor bar"
  • free local calls
  • late checkout until 4 pm

If you get upgraded to the Club Floor because of their current promotion, you get the full package.

But be sure to check your bill. In my case the internet was charged (i.e. not refunded) two out of four nights, the local calls were charged, and laundry was only partially refunded.

HTB.

Last edited by htb; Sep 26, 2007 at 9:57 am Reason: added details
Old Jun 5, 2009, 9:11 am

Thumbs down CP nanjing in china is no good

recently i went to nanjing for leisure
i initially booked HI AQUA CITY in nanjing ,later i found we have a corp price for cp which is very cheap, i booked for 4 nights
it was really disappointing. i am plat, and my corp price is only applicable to superior room, i asked for a upgrad when i arrived at 10 p.m., they said ok, but not executive floor, only upgrade to an alleged deluxe room about 40rmb bigger than my superior room

the air-con is too noisy that i can't fell in sleep. i talked to them several times, they told me to have earbuds. ......
finnaly they arranged a suite, but also noisy. i had no choice but to turn off the air-con. truth to be told , i'm not accustomed to the weather in south part of china, i'm an ordinary beijing'er.

the room is also too old.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG RA; Hyatt D; Marriott P; SPG P;
I agree with you. IC CP NJ is too old and the air-condition is too noisy.

Last edited by c0nfig; Jun 7, 2009 at 6:12 am
Old Jun 6, 2009, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by c0nfig
I agree with you. IC NJ is too old and the air-condition is too noisy.
it's cp indeed.
there is an ic coming soon in nanjing, according to a magazine offer in the marjority hotels in nanjing, probably in the coming year, at the alleged seventh highest skyscraper
Old Jun 7, 2009, 6:16 am

Programs: IHG RA; Hyatt D; Marriott P; SPG P;
Yes. I made a mistake.
But the service in CP NJ is very good.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 11:42 pm

I'd give them some points for moving you to a suite.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:31 am

cool. Hope it is still the same 3 years later. I have a res for September.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:33 pm

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Just been to the HI Chang Am, West Beijing and the Executive Club Floor benefits (as described on a little card that came with the key card) were almost idential to those in post 3, so I suspect the Nanjing Club Benefits are the same as they were in 2007.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:48 pm

I have to agree the hotel is a little odd.

At check in, the receptionist seemed completely stumped by any questions and wasn't really able to communicate in English. The situation was saved by the Italian manager on duty who is a true hotelier.

Our club room was small and very plain, whilst the club lounge was pretty average. Also, don't take taxis from the hotel as the both times we did we encountered our only rip-off taxi drivers in a 3 week trip.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
Skip the CP if you come to Nanjing, instead go to the new IC that opened in the middle of last year. I stayed in the King Bed Executive Suite on the 48th floor (I think), amazing 180+ degree view of the city including Xuanwu Lake and Zijin Mountain. I really, really enjoyed my stay there. The steakhouse on the 78th(?) floor is probably the best in Nanjing. I'll post some pictures when I have the time to track them down.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: SQ
Hmm....I was just looking to make a booking for next week in NJ and realized that under F+F the price for the club suite at the CP is the same price as a normal king room at the IC.....that price includes breakfast, laundry, the whole deal....seems too good to be true in my opinion....
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:04 pm

It's not. It was similar at the time of my stay.

Even with with I have written, I'd go club suite at the CP. It's not a fantastic hotel, but its good enough and the location is great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.