Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of IHG Rate Codes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
My previous post was a appeal to the sprit to this thread rather than condemning your post, friedablass; by picking up "That's what this thread is all about - booking using corporate codes (even if you are not an employee of said company)" and deploring the general detoriation of this thread, not critizising particularly your post.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
My previous post was a appeal to the sprit to this thread rather than condemning your post, friedablass; by picking up "That's what this thread is all about - booking using corporate codes (even if you are not an employee of said company)" and deploring the general detoriation of this thread, not critizising particularly your post.
Point well taken . I was actually referring to the other poster being "shocked" and condemning my actions/post, etc.

We should go back to discussing use of non-corporate codes as was the original intention of this thread.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by friedablass
I did not book any hotel room using any corporate code .... merely checking what type of discounts one can get by booking with these codes and seeing how far out they can be used....
A strange area of research
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Apparently, Ian, you do not grasp the concept of "pure research".

It is research dedicated for the sole purpose of gaining knowledge. A noble enterprise undertaken without hope of gain or reward.

Thus, a utilitarian purpose is purely unnecessary.

Last edited by bearvest; Sep 3, 2013 at 5:46 pm Reason: punctuation error
Old Sep 3, 2013, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Originally Posted by bearvest

It is research dedicated for the sole purpose of gaining knowledge. A noble enterprise undertaken without hope of gain or reward.

Thus, a utilitarian purpose is purely unnecessary.
I would not call spending 5 minutes of my time checking a corporate code that I was told can be used by anybody, "research". I hope people that really do research spend a lot more time than that on their topic of interest. And, as I have previously noted, when the exact nature of the use of these codes came to light I declined to use them (unlike others who have no compunction using them...). Being naive about something and then becoming enlightened when further information comes to the forefront, doesn't make you a criminal or deserving of condemnation.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:26 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by friedablass
I would not call spending 5 minutes of my time checking a corporate code that I was told can be used by anybody, "research". I hope people that really do research spend a lot more time than that on their topic of interest. And, as I have previously noted, when the exact nature of the use of these codes came to light I declined to use them (unlike others who have no compunction using them...). Being naive about something and then becoming enlightened when further information comes to the forefront, doesn't make you a criminal or deserving of condemnation.
"Nuff" said Friedablass. I, for one, will always give someone the benefit of the doubt.

It's in the spirit of this site that we share that which honestly can be shared.

Open, free and honest discourse is to be admired. Those that tend to take unfair advantage of benefits that are undeserved could bring all of us FT'ers into disrepute.

I respect your response---and your insistence that having gained the information--- you acted with integrity.

Apologies if I formed an opinion in haste.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I grasp, indeed I grasp
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:16 am

"Nuff" said Friedablass. I, for one, will always give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Apologies if I formed an opinion in haste.
I rest my case .

Apology accepted.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 8:41 am

Programs: IATAN IATA
Very helpful, thank you!
Old Oct 1, 2013, 1:57 am

IDAVA is another code. it is the 'Book Early and Save' rate. it is a prepaid rate code that replaced IDAVR in March 2012. Basically cheap rate but you must pay at time of reservation and if you need to cancel the deposit is non refundable
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
How does one use each of these rate codes? I saw one listed for my company there - but if I try replacing the IPXXX in one of the links I don't get anything different than the best flex. And using it in the corp rate field gives an error. Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:02 am

Same Boat. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but when I add the code at the end of the link I just get the same old IHG best available page. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by gourmand73
Same Boat. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but when I add the code at the end of the link I just get the same old IHG best available page. Can anyone help? Thanks so much.
You really want the numeric code (10 digits or so) that you then enter in that "Corpoarate Id" box on searching ... or add/save your company code to your IHG profile so you do not need to remember/enter each time you search for rooms. If you are entitled to use it, ask your companies travel department for the code.

The 5 character length alphabetic codes are not enterable on the IHG search panel "Corpoarate Id" field box.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Originally Posted by scubaccr
You really want the numeric code (10 digits or so) that you then enter in that "Corpoarate Id" box on searching ... or add/save your company code to your IHG profile so you do not need to remember/enter each time you search for rooms. If you are entitled to use it, ask your companies travel department for the code.

The 5 character length alphabetic codes are not enterable on the IHG search panel "Corpoarate Id" field box.
Where do you enter the 5 character code?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by bajong
Where do you enter the 5 character code?
enter this into your browser http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/rese...none&rateCode= and add the 5 char code at the end of it - then hit enter. IF the special rate is available it will show. If not, you'll see the best rates avail. Have to try each 5 char code separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.