Wiki Posts
Search

IC LA Century City - Award stay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

IC LA Century City - Award stay

So far so good.

Checked in a couple of hours ago with 9 yesr old and a humble A status.

Very good greeting, lots of help.

Check in speedy and upgraded to a (my description) big junior suite; i.e. 2nd room as big as some rooms I've stayed in but sofa, desk and coffee table rather than dining table. Balcony with view over studio lot in both rooms. Rollaway arrived within 5 minutes. Good toiletries, helpful concierge.

Now to sleep after long flight, had an hr on the stand at LHR waiting for computers to produce weight manifest but made time up with tail wind westbound for a change. Comfy Virgin flight with a few bumps over Scotland.

More later.....

ps. Turns out it's a King Bed Executive Suite.

Last edited by garethmorgan; Feb 15, 2007 at 8:05 pm
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:18 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
What is the Club lounge like, and was there a fee or was access provided as part of the Ambassador upgrade? Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Club_IC
What is the Club lounge like,

There isn't one, I'm told that "there's no concierge level or club as the whole hotel is like one".

Off to Universal Studio now.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
There isn't one, I'm told that "there's no concierge level or club as the whole hotel is like one".

Wait, wait... "the whole hotel is like one"?

I was there last month so I must have entered the wrong lobby because I didn't see it
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
So far so good.

Checked in a couple of hours ago with 9 yesr old and a humble A status.

Very good greeting, lots of help.

Hi
Thanks for that info. How many are you? 2 adults and 1 child? As you know this was my concern for my summer holiday as no one could say that I would have a bed for my daughter.

Look forward to other reports

regards
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Radioman
How many are you? 2 adults and 1 child?
Yes. They were expecting that as it was on the request booking.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Yes. They were expecting that as it was on the request booking.
Excellant news. Well thats my 5 nights booked for the July. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

regards
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy

Have you tried the restaurant? What do you think? The breakfast there, I thought, was quite good.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Camino1
Have you tried the restaurant? What do you think? The breakfast there, I thought, was quite good.
We had breakfast in the restaurant once and in the room once.

I wasn't particularly impressed, we had better at a little French place on Santa Monica Blvd and Wilshire and, of course, much cheaper.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We had breakfast in the restaurant once and in the room once.

I wasn't particularly impressed, we had better at a little French place on Santa Monica Blvd and Wilshire and, of course, much cheaper.
Sorry to hear--either we have different tastes or something's changed (which is possible since i was there on the day of the rebranding).

Do you like to walk? About 12 minutes away on foot there is a shopping centre with theaters, boutique shops, designer racks, and maybe the best grocer in Southern CA.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Camino1
About 12 minutes away on foot there is a shopping centre with theaters, boutique shops, designer racks, and maybe the best grocer in Southern CA.

If that's the Westfield(?) thn we were there yesterday, didn't see the grocer.

We're now in Las Vegas anyway (in a panoramic view room at The Wynn) having checked out this morning.

No problems at all, a good stay. The only, usual, moan is that despite having spent a few hundred dollars on incidentals; I'll get no points for the stay.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If that's the Westfield(?) thn we were there yesterday, didn't see the grocer.

We're now in Las Vegas anyway (in a panoramic view room at The Wynn) having checked out this morning.

No problems at all, a good stay. The only, usual, moan is that despite having spent a few hundred dollars on incidentals; I'll get no points for the stay.
Yeah, I know about the incidentals.

I think it is the Westfield. The grocer is Gelson's, and I guess because it's in such a high rate neighborhood (next to Beverly Hills) it is top of the line. I mean, I live in Santa Barbara and sometimes shop in Montecito, but we don't have a market like that one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.