FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/555698-ic-hong-kong-master-thread-closed-renovation-until-2022-a.html)

stimpy Jun 3, 2011 5:53 am

Originally Posted by no-backpacker (Post 16496271)
(Oh, how I miss HK, and the food... :))

Me too. Both the "hidden" upstairs Cantonese places, and a few of the upscale hotel restaurants, mostly at the MO. My current favorite hot spot is Yè Shanghai in the Pacific Place mall. Good luck getting a table though! I only got in due to a friend of a friend who works there.

COOLIO Jun 8, 2011 12:54 am

Great thread. Shame the Ambassador benefits are not available with friends and family. :(

Do I get benefits with the BOGO night?

WilcoRoger Jun 8, 2011 1:00 am

Originally Posted by COOLIO (Post 16523005)
Great thread. Shame the Ambassador benefits are not available with friends and family. :(

Do I get benefits with the BOGO night?

With BOGO you get the bennies.

While IC HK confirmed me in writing, that bennies don't apply for F&F , in real life they did give all the bennies, incl. upgrade.

SanDiego1K Jun 8, 2011 11:21 pm

Here is the list I've just received from the hotel of the room categories and sizes:
  • Deluxe Suite with Harbour View (approximately 1,130 sq ft)
  • Executive Suite with Harbour View (approximately 750 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View (approximately 550 sq ft)
  • Superior Junior Suite (approximately 525 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Harbour View Room (approximately 450 sq ft)
  • Superior Harbour View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)
  • Executive Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Superior Plaza View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)

Here is the lounge information:
Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$900 (for single occupancy) and HK$1100 (for double occupancy), plus 10% service charge per room per night.

price123 Jun 9, 2011 4:50 am

And here is a list of RA upgrades:
Deluxe Suite with Harbor View to Club InterContinental access
Executive Suite with Harbour View to Club InterContinental access
Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View to Executive Suite with Harbour View Superior Junior Suite to Executive Suite with Harbour View
Deluxe Harbour View Room to Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View
Superior Harbour View Room to Superior Junior Suite
Executive Plaza View Room to Deluxe Harbour View Room
Deluxe Plaza View Room to Superior Harbour View Room
Superior Plaza View Room to Executive Plaza View Room

No upgrades to better suites when I asked, although I know others have received terrace or presidential suite when booking deluxe suite.

wpyeh Jun 9, 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 16529956)
Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View to Executive Suite with Harbour View Superior Junior Suite to Executive Suite with Harbour View

No upgrades to better suites when I asked, although I know others have received terrace or presidential suite when booking deluxe suite.

I think what OP means is for AMB.
earlier this year I booked cheapest superior plaza view room and was UG to Superior JR suite (not sure with harbour view or not). i later cancelled reservation due to ICHK has some facility maintance and the pool was clased down.

price123 Jun 9, 2011 1:50 pm

No I asked and was told this was for Royal Ambassador. Checked but was told that is upgrade list

nicolas75 Jun 10, 2011 12:57 am

Originally Posted by price123 (Post 16529956)

I had the choice between a junior suite with (small) balcony and a (huge) Suite with Harbor View when booking the cheapest advance rate with club access

mnredfox Jun 11, 2011 1:16 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 16529237)
Here is the list I've just received from the hotel of the room categories and sizes:
  • Deluxe Suite with Harbour View (approximately 1,130 sq ft)
  • Executive Suite with Harbour View (approximately 750 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Junior Suite with Harbour View (approximately 550 sq ft)
  • Superior Junior Suite (approximately 525 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Harbour View Room (approximately 450 sq ft)
  • Superior Harbour View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)
  • Executive Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Deluxe Plaza View Room (approximately 425 sq ft)
  • Superior Plaza View Room (approximately 350 sq ft)

Here is the lounge information:
Enjoy buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails for a daily supplement of HK$900 (for single occupancy) and HK$1100 (for double occupancy), plus 10% service charge per room per night.

Did you have to request this? Wish all hotels would provide this on the web.

Flying Lawyer Jun 11, 2011 3:08 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 16541598)
Did you have to request this? Wish all hotels would provide this on the web.

As soon as you ask them, you get this by email. Not all hotels are ready to bind themselves by publishing an upgrade list. IC HK does. Some describe their policy as stingy, I find it consistent and quite nice. Superior Junior Suite is the best one can book as a RA.

mnredfox Jun 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 16541806)
As soon as you ask them, you get this by email. Not all hotels are ready to bind themselves by publishing an upgrade list. IC HK does. Some describe their policy as stingy, I find it consistent and quite nice. Superior Junior Suite is the best one can book as a RA.

Good to know. Esp since with RA you're supposed to get Club room/suite.

Flying Lawyer Jun 12, 2011 12:27 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 16545732)
Good to know. Esp since with RA you're supposed to get Club room/suite.

You are supposed to get Executive Room/Club Room/ Suite. This makes a bit of a difference because an executive room can mean nothing. Club Room means nothing in Hong Kong, they do not have any as club access is sold indivudually. However, when you book a Superior Junior Suite you get routinely upgraded to an Executive Suite and this is a meaningful upgrade. Other ICs would give you a one-category-upgrade from a suite at best, Hong Kong always gives two categories (at least).

mnredfox Jun 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer (Post 16545786)
You are supposed to get Executive Room/Club Room/ Suite. This makes a bit of a difference because an executive room can mean nothing. Club Room means nothing in Hong Kong, they do not have any as club access is sold indivudually. However, when you book a Superior Junior Suite you get routinely upgraded to an Executive Suite and this is a meaningful upgrade. Other ICs would give you a one-category-upgrade from a suite at best, Hong Kong always gives two categories (at least).

But HK IC (and GS) both only allow UG or club access, whereas most IC's allow both.

demue Jun 13, 2011 4:34 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 16550477)
But HK IC (and GS) both only allow UG or club access, whereas most IC's allow both.

Which ones do come to your mind there? Several that I can think of handle it similar to HKG. For example IC BKK does upgrade from Grand Deluxe to Club room with Club access but one should know that the rooms are almost 100% identical in layout and furnishings. You can get a corner suite, but no club. IC SIN also gives Club or a room upgrade IIRC. IC CGK (Jakarta) does not include Club into upgrade from my past stays and neither does IC Bali. Maybe it's an Asia thing to restrict and only give one or the other. Not sure.

boekel Jun 13, 2011 5:00 am

Originally Posted by demue (Post 16551049)
Which ones do come to your mind there? Several that I can think of handle it similar to HKG. For example IC BKK does upgrade from Grand Deluxe to Club room with Club access but one should know that the rooms are almost 100% identical in layout and furnishings. You can get a corner suite, but no club. IC SIN also gives Club or a room upgrade IIRC. IC CGK (Jakarta) does not include Club into upgrade from my past stays and neither does IC Bali. Maybe it's an Asia thing to restrict and only give one or the other. Not sure.

IC Montreal and IC Istanbul, only to mention two