Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dilemma - IC Pyramid or LeMeridian

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:23 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
dilemma - IC Pyramid or LeMeridian

IC Pyramid has a wondeful rate and being Platinum I'd hope for an upgrade to a room with a view. LeMeridian would eventually get me a gredit with SPG where I'm Platinum, but that would not help for now.

My question is for the best possibility of getting a nice room and keeping the rate down which would you choose? THe IC has a $54 rate that includes breakfast and LeMeridian has a $75 rate that claims not to be a Pyramid view, I do need to pay $120 for the Pyramid rate and no breakfast.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:18 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, Miles&More Sen, AF/KLM Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by thepla
IC Pyramid has a wondeful rate and being Platinum I'd hope for an upgrade to a room with a view. LeMeridian would eventually get me a gredit with SPG where I'm Platinum, but that would not help for now.

My question is for the best possibility of getting a nice room and keeping the rate down which would you choose? THe IC has a $54 rate that includes breakfast and LeMeridian has a $75 rate that claims not to be a Pyramid view, I do need to pay $120 for the Pyramid rate and no breakfast.
I haven't never stay in LeMeridien in Cairo but stay in IC Pyramids (april 2005) - this hotel is far from Pyramids (2km, you must take taxi) and haven't Pyramid view, breakfast and rooms are not specials.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:41 am

Programs: PC Plat Amb, Miles&More Sen, AF/KLM Gold, SPG Plat
You can also read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175825
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:34 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry

Remember: Priority Club Platinum doesn't give you much in terms of upgrades, etc. at IC hotels - you'll need Ambassador membership to pull off an upgrade, more likely than not. However, it is certainly worth asking for, although you may get snickers from the front desk staff.

The cost of the IC, though, seems really good (with or without the pyramid view).
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR

i suggest le meridien. IC Gizza pyramids doesnt have view on the pyramids.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:47 pm

Programs: AC E, Fairmont PC Plat, HH Gold, Plat Amb
IC Gizza Pyramids is definitely not on par with other ICs in the word or the 2 others in Cairo.
Stayed one night in November 2005 : it is quite far from the pyramids and has no view.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
IC Pyramids is a perfectly nice 4-star tour-group resort hotel dumped next to an overpass. The Pyramids may be somewhere close, but you'll not see them from the hotel. If you sinply want a cheap comfortable hotel in a very urban setting with a decent pool it's OK.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Never been at the IC Pyramids, but I have stayed half a night at the Le Meridien at the Pyramids (our flight was scheduled at 4am) and that was already too long. All hotels in the city I have stayed at were vastly superior to this one. Probably the only decent hotel in the neighborhood of the Pyramids is the Mena House and also this gets mixed reviews.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
.. sorry should have added that the Meridien is probably the better of the two - although Mena House is much better than both. A vast improvement on all these would be any of the top city hotels (Semiramis is the IC, comfortable and very nicely positioned): just take a trip to see the pyramids - and on a clear day you can see them perfectly well from the high floors in city hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.