Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Semiramis Cairo Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2005, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
IC Semiramis Cairo Master Thread [merged]

Does anyone know whether the IC in Cairo (SEMIRAMIS IC CAIRO) do an airport Meet and Greet service ? There is nothing on the website about it from what I can see. (And its an important thing in Cairo I'm told ! Gets ya through immigration fast, which is a big thing there !).

Any other info on the property / ICs in Cairo area much appreciated.
Old May 22, 2005, 10:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Yes, they have. I had sent them an email, but I had heard nothing back so I called them just before departure from the airport to hear that everything was arranged and I would be picked up. Arriving in Cairo I was greeted by a sign with my name before the immigration, everything went smoothly; the car was a slightly dated Mercedes. IIRC, it showed up as about 20USD on the hotel bill.

The hotel is fine, not as nice as the Four Season First Residence and the Hyatt (in which I have stayed before), but it is also cheaper than those two.
Old May 23, 2005, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demiurg
Yes, they have. I had sent them an email, but I had heard nothing back so I called them just before departure from the airport to hear that everything was arranged and I would be picked up. Arriving in Cairo I was greeted by a sign with my name before the immigration, everything went smoothly; the car was a slightly dated Mercedes. IIRC, it showed up as about 20USD on the hotel bill.

The hotel is fine, not as nice as the Four Season First Residence and the Hyatt (in which I have stayed before), but it is also cheaper than those two.
Thanks for that, much appreciated. I'll e-mail and then call as you did.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Just got this from the Semiramis IC - implies that it is gonna cost $40, $20 for the car but an extra $20 for the Meet and Assist. Seeing as I already have a visa and am in F (so will be one of first off plane), is there any point me paying extra for this service ?

Dear ASH

Good day from Cairo

Glad to confirm transportation from Cairo Airport to the hotel at the
cost of 20$ per car per way arriving on XXXX.

Meet and assist inside the Airport can be arranged at the cost of 20$
per person, please advise if this service is needed.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the Semiramis INTERCONTINENTAL.

Best Regards
Mr XXXXX
Reservation Agent.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You really don't need to be met pre-immigration. That works well if you are new to CAI and need to get a visa-on-arrival. Odd IC is charging extra for that though.

The Semiramis car service to the airport was about EGP70 (USD12 ??)

Being met avoids the need to negotiate for a limo (regular taxis are unlikely to be a/c, and could have an erratic approach to road safety).

IC Pyramids is an OK hotel in an awful position by a flyover, so you get views of apartment blocks and heavy lorries, not pyramids. If it's pyramids you want there are far better choices.

The other IC is in Heliopolis. It is smart, part of a swanky new shopping complex.

Have fun.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks Ian, much appreciated.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:17 am

When you arrive try to get out of the plane fast.
Have 15 US Dollars for the Visa Stamps ready.
Before immigration there are several bank counters.
Just go to any, give them 15 dollars, rush to the next immigration line,
glue the stamps into your passport where there so some free space.
Hopefully no other flight is arriving at the same time, then you will be thru in less than 5 min. Change money after immigration, otherwise you will have all the other passengers in front of you.

Outside customs there are several taxi booth. Book a Taxi there. Cost should be around 70 EGP or so.

Btw: The Heliopolis IC - new name Citystairs is much nicer than the Semiramis, situated between the airport and the city.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
When you arrive try to get out of the plane fast.
Have 15 US Dollars for the Visa Stamps ready.
Before immigration there are several bank counters.
Just go to any, give them 15 dollars, rush to the next immigration line,
glue the stamps into your passport where there so some free space.
Hopefully no other flight is arriving at the same time, then you will be thru in less than 5 min. .
I have already got and paid for a visa at the Egyptian Embassy here, so I don't need to do this, right ? I just go straight to Immigration, right ?

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Change money after immigration, otherwise you will have all the other passengers in front of you
On this, what is the money story there these days - EG £ or US $ (or UK £ ?), or both ?
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:42 am

If you have a visa and paid for it you dont need the stamps.
Otherwise buying the stamps is much easier than getting a visa beforehand.

You will need EGP for smaller items. Otherwise Credit Cards, US$ and Euro are widely accepted.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks !
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:31 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Question Is the IC Semiramis (Egypt) a decent property???

I'm spending a couple of nights in Cairo and was wondering if the IC Semiramis is the best option.

Would it be better to stay at the newer Citystars IC or possibly a different hotel chain (Hyatt or Four Seasons???)

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:13 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Answer is yes. But not on the IC Gizza Pyramids.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
I have stayed at the Four Seasons First Residence, Hyatt and IC Semiramis (2-3 nights each). Of those, the Four Seasons is the nicest property by far (no surprise) and the Hyatt is better than the IC Semiramis. Still, the IC is a decent property and it usually is also the cheapest option of the three. If you have specifc questions, just ask.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 10:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
FS First Residence comes highly recommended but also pricey. Not sure if this is company travel or private trip and what the budget is but I stayed at the IC Citystars (near the airport back then called IC Heliopolis) and this place is very new and very nice. Got an excellent suite upgrade as RA and the "Meet & Greet" service was well worth the 20+ USD. Might be too far out for you if you want to be in the city center, but I found it very pleasant at a decent rate.

Cheers ...

Last edited by demue; Dec 7, 2005 at 10:47 pm
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:51 am
Original Poster

IC Semiramis is OK, and (as demue states) the IC Citystars is great, really enjoyed my stay there.

Best hotel I stayed at in Cairo was the Conrad - great, and surprisingly cheap when I stayed there. Hilton VIP Gold got me a Club access etc rooom, everything about the hotel was very impressive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.