Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express SHIN-KOBE

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
Holiday Inn Express SHIN-KOBE

Anybody that know if there are Wireless internet access on the Kobe Holiday Inn Express, and if it are available what is the price?
Old May 11, 2005, 8:45 am

I seem to recall there was wifi, but no wired, access at this property. Sorry, no recollection about the price.
Old May 11, 2005, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
Thanks, WIFI will work perfectly!
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

A great stay and staff

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experience at this HIX where I had a one night stay this weekend.

Location: Rather good. Near to the Shin-Kobe Shinkansen station, 5 mins walk along the river. Location to the main shopping area about 1km downhill, about 15-20 mins walking. I am not sure of the return as I always took the subway back :P But I think it is doable without any luggage. In a very quiet neighbourhood, very good for sleeping, no sounds at all.

Rooms: OK, typical HIX rooms. I was told that I was upgraded from a single to a double, but room was still small. However, not the hotels fault, I think this is very typical in Japan. (If I compare it to my room at the Sofitel Nagoya, this room at HIX is just a tad bit smaller.) Bathroom a bit small, but sufficient.

Internet: WiFi, OK connection, but at times was slow.

Breakfast: Typical HIX, but had some interesting assortment of breads. No cold cuts or anything. Very basic, but I think enough to start the day.

Staff: Great! I was recognized as a Elite member. (Never had this anywhere during my experience with HIX anywhere in the world). But what really impressed me was a small incident I had. I checked out today, leaving my luggage for storage. On my way to Mt. Maya, I remembered that I left a bottle of Vege juice in the fridge. Normally, I would have not bothered, but this time I thought since I just left about 5 mins, and I will be going to collect my luggage later, why waste 1/2 bottle of it. Called and told what happened and gave all info. I returned from my luggage and at first I was not told anything about the juice. I just left it and did not bother to ask. Since I was a bit early to catch my train, I remained in the lobby to do some e-mail check. Shortly, the front desk staff approached me and asked me if I had left the juice behind. He explained that housekeeping had already threw the bottle away (wow, within that 5 mins!). To my utter surprise, he told me that they had actually bought me a new one! I was so embarrassed and lost for words. That was not enough, he was apologizing that they could not get me the same brand I had and explained that the one they got me was the same quality. I was so taken aback. I even offered that I will pay for it, but he just told me to take it with a smile. I could do nothing more but thank him and his staff profusely.

I had never in my life, ever at any hotel been given such a treatment. I would have expected that if it was already gone, they would just inform me and me as a guest should have understood. However, going out and getting a whole new bottle.. just out of words and this is for a HIX! I am really impressed (actually I don't think there are any words for this! Really amazing!)

I actually feel so bad now and think maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut and not called. I don't think I will do this anymore.. unless I should try and see other higher chains would go to such extend :P

Would certainly go back to this the next time I visit Kobe. Did think of trying out the CP the next time, but after this, I am feel I should go back to them.

Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:43 am

nldogbert, I very much liked your story

I must say Japanese HIX'es, while fewer in number nowadays, have always appeared to have some of the most earnest staff of any Japanese hotels. I recall being sent away with a complimentary, unsolicited take-away breakfast when checking out before 6am from the now-defunct HIX Sapporo, some years ago; this only on account of mentioning an early check-out the previous night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.