Search

End of the 10k .......am going cry

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
End of the 10k .......am going cry

Hi Folks,

Well thats the end of the 10k bonus, role on the next one. Well I managed to pick up 7 of them this time round compared to nothing during last year.

Look forward to the next 10k bonus round.

regards RadioMan
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:36 am

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
Imagine that I had around 20 stays during this stage of 10k and never received a bonus point! Last year nothing at all! And now....for a stay of last week...finally I got the 10k!!! Just now that it's over and I've another 15 nights booked in April....what a sadness!:-(
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:57 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
I could use some bonuses in April as well...just made the decision to use up my 2 Hyatt FFNs (no upgrades since I'm just a Plat) instead of an IC stay with benefits
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Savage25
I could use some bonuses in April as well...just made the decision to use up my 2 Hyatt FFNs (no upgrades since I'm just a Plat) instead of an IC stay with benefits

You mean double points isn't good enough for you?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 5:43 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Originally Posted by Shareholder
NO because I'm spoiled

In my last stay I got:
base points
10K bonus
3750 e.mail bonus (2K+1K+500+250)
double points
50% RA (i.e. Plat) bonus

Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:40 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I know I should be thankful for the double points...but we've all been spoilt by the 10k bonuses

Ok, time to get things back into perspective - free nights without the bennies are still better than getting bonus points and paying for the room
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:44 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by Savage25

Ok, time to get things back into perspective - free nights without the bennies are still better than getting bonus points and paying for the room
Well, actually - the way some people redeem (for free nights at not-expensive properties) - I think you're better off saving the points for mileage conversion promos. Unless you can use them for Amstel or Bora Bora (& presumably IC Le Grand, but all their rate promos devalue their price to me).

Then you have to think of status too, I'm bit annoyed I'm redeeming points for a pending honeymoon (missus insisted on saving cash), as paid nights would improve my RA renewal chances.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by tristan727
Well, actually - the way some people redeem (for free nights at not-expensive properties) - I think you're better off saving the points for mileage conversion promos. Unless you can use them for Amstel or Bora Bora (& presumably IC Le Grand, but all their rate promos devalue their price to me).

Then you have to think of status too, I'm bit annoyed I'm redeeming points for a pending honeymoon (missus insisted on saving cash), as paid nights would improve my RA renewal chances.

Hi Tristan727,

I have just booked 15nights for my summer holidays at HIs around Europe (did try for reward nights at some ICs but for the past SIX MONTHS there has been no rooms for 2adults/1kid).

I used 200,000 points for my stays and saved over £1200 in hotels. I did spend 20k for two nights in Luzern, I could have spent the money for each night and saved my points and made some more but I live for my holidays and when the wife is complaining that I am away a lot, then she sees how much we are saving on holidays, she sort of shuts up if you know what I mean

I have now started on my points for next years holidays. I still have 140k left with some more to be added to the account.

Its all part of the fun in collecting the points. I treat like one big game. Now that I have all my summer stuff booked, if the BA points conversion came round again then I might consider moving over some points for miles as I am trying to push my BA Miles into a few hundred thousand before next year.

regards
RadioMan
Old Apr 2, 2005, 10:19 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi Folks,

Well thats the end of the 10k bonus, role on the next one. Well I managed to pick up 7 of them this time round compared to nothing during last year.

Look forward to the next 10k bonus round.

regards RadioMan
Well, I managed to hit them all (11x10K) though now I'm hooked. Bring' em on. Okay, double miles is fine too but it was nice after all. Now I could use a 20% bonus for transfering points to UA miles (like the just expired AA offer). All these points need to be spent on something decent like a *A SQ J or even better F class award . Cheers ...
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:37 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Royal Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hertz, Five Star
me too

yes I will miss them too.......

Mon 14 Mar 2005 STAY 12 AUBURN points earned: 10794
bonus points: 81941
total points: 92735
miles awarded: 0

33 qualifying nights this calendar year.
191924 points earned this calendar year
Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:22 pm

I think I got about 5 of em on this past one . Now it's time to switch back to HH for a bit as I have a stay 8 get 3 free night certs offer going on . Ah there fun while they last just gotta keep juggling to maximize the pointage.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:11 am
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
I know it's tough not getting an extra 5k per night, but most of the things mentioned in this thread are still available:
  • Double points
  • Platinum bonus
  • E-mail bonus
  • VISA booking bonus (if it works for you)
--plus one promo that I don't hear people talking about much, the Individual Hotel Offers (IHOs) at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...p/iho/marmay05 . I usually find a few of these that I can use each quarter.

I expect to pull in 18-20k on two stays next week with all of the items here. That's good enough for me.
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
They're BACK!

Dry your tears... New 10k Promo Codes! (and more)

Thanks pointsofinterest!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
yep its great news and with that I will close this thread.

Dino

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.