Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT : The wannabe wants to look for a job that allows me to travel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:56 am
Original Poster

OT : The wannabe wants to look for a job that allows me to travel

Hmm... which company shld I apply to? I dun want to be a Dino-wannabe... I want to be a IAN/SAVAGE/e.t.c-wannabe....

Life is cruel to the wannabe
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Have you thought about being a Flight Attendant? Or an intercity bus driver or long distance trucker?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I recommend a job with no travel (for the sake of your family, or to give you a chance to find someone to start one with!) but lots of leave and a big pay-check to allow you to spend your leave in lots of nice places ....
Old Mar 31, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
Hmm... which company shld I apply to? I dun want to be a Dino-wannabe... I want to be a IAN/SAVAGE/e.t.c-wannabe....

What exactly does the above comment mean??

Not wishing to be a pain but this thread has what to do with interconti?
Surely a thread for OMNI?

Work interconti into or I will move it to OMNI

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; Mar 31, 2005 at 10:00 am
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:01 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Have you thought about being a Flight Attendant? Or an intercity bus driver or long distance trucker?
Now thats funny

Dino
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dino2020
What exactly does the above comment mean??

Not wishing to be a pain but this thread has what to do with interconti?
Surely a thread for OMNI?

Work interconti into or I will move it to OMNI

Dino
Dino pays for own travel. Savage doesn't. I want to be Savage-wannabe...

Maybe if I get a corporate account with Intercon, I can stay more often with Intercon. I have become addicted staying with intercon, since I started staying with them from the beginning of the year.... (Did I work Intercon into it?) *grin*
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
If you have any type of accounting background (public accounting experience is generally preferred), you could apply to be an internal auditor for Intercontinenetal Hotels (the chain, not the entire group). This would probably mean your having to travel to do your work at various ICH properties around the world (and of course staying at them).

Question: (to make this thread applicable to this forum so it isn't closed down) If you work for ICH, do you get PC/RA benefits when traveling to ICH properties for ICH business?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:41 pm

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
RA, if I get any more tired of traveling more of the year than not, you may have my job!
Old Mar 31, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I think that if you worked for a hotel company, you'd get a deeply discounted travel industry rate, and I don't think those rates qualify for points and status.

But, think of the savings.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

*sob sob* You guys are so kind to me....

onedog : unfortunately I don't have any accounting background. My background is on Information Systems and all those computer stuffs....

smartassmurf : hurray... I can get your job....

Remark that will keep this thread alive : I was at the club lounge at Shanghai Intercon yesterday nite at around 10pm. The staffs of the hotel were having a meeting in the Club lounge. There was nobody else there except me and them. Tough job.... Some of them looked severly jet-lagged. Think they came from the states...
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
I got to travel a lot when I joined the Marines.

There was a bit of "intercontinental" travel but not to the places that the recruiter showed me in the brochure.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:53 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
I think that if you worked for a hotel company, you'd get a deeply discounted travel industry rate, and I don't think those rates qualify for points and status.

But, think of the savings.
I've been advised by a BA staff member in the BA forum that IC staff he met on a layover said they do get the points in fact, despite paying 20-odd euros a night.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:57 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by tristan727
I've been advised by a BA staff member in the BA forum that IC staff he met on a layover said they do get the points in fact, despite paying 20-odd euros a night.
Hear that, RA-Wannabe,

You can start applying.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:50 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
Dino pays for own travel. Savage doesn't. I want to be Savage-wannabe...

Maybe if I get a corporate account with Intercon, I can stay more often with Intercon. I have become addicted staying with intercon, since I started staying with them from the beginning of the year.... (Did I work Intercon into it?) *grin*
Ummm...I pay for my own weekend/holiday travel, although I do get to use my corporate rates for that as well. My friends say I overpay by staying at ICs while on holiday, but I'm addicted as well

Life is short - I grew up in a relatively poor family so I've learnt manage my savings well but I don't mind spending a little bit more than the average person on travel as long as I don't break the bank. Plus, I save so much by not having an overpriced car in SIN.

Consulting is where you want to be if you want to travel in this region.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Nobody wants the wannabe.... boohoo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.