Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sick of having to always argue for Plat benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 5:01 pm

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
No Shareholder I meant RA and Ambassador but put it as Royal/Ambassador trying to highlight the two with a slash, obvisouly wasn't clear enough.

Dino
Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:49 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Post Keep complaining to PC/IHG they have a long way to go

From everything I have read Priority Club has some of the most hostile group of hotels and owners that balk at giving any benefits to program members/customers behind the scenes.
They loathe the costs of supporting these programs and feel that you have gotten enough by earning your points.
Some of the IC hotels have stated privately that other then a low or high floor request good for any guest elite or not you get your points and maybe some kind of amenity
But my suggestion from conversations with the hotels powers that be go with little expectation or you are going to be mighty upset.

IMO you are lucky to get anything at all when in house with PC.
If you do Platinum/Ambassador or not consider yourself lucky.
The bigger question is why anyone does so much business with them in the first place with all the rich the alternatives out there. For points alone ?
I too admire some of the PC promotions and properties but it just doesn't stack up with recognition at the hotels.
If you like the properties and the service go for it as they say by all means.But it seems for many the program and the systemwide compliant properties are amongst the most hit and miss in the business.
Radisson might be another similar or worse example of program and hotel compliancy dysfunction
And its a shame because IHG has some great well known famous brands and properties to offer.I believe PC/IHG has the ability to be one of the best players in the industry but they seem cluless how to get properties to cooperate with much of the good work the PC folks have done with the program itself. Good luck all

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Apr 1, 2005 at 1:52 pm
Old Apr 1, 2005, 6:57 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I've read that members of Hilton and SPG also have problems getting the upgrades and benefits they are suppose to be entitled to, so it's not just isolated to PC and the Ambassador program.

IMHO, no matter which program you pick, we're going to get screwed by some property or more out there.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:15 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Its very easy to promise an upgrade producing it is another story

Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
I've read that members of Hilton and SPG also have problems getting the upgrades and benefits they are suppose to be entitled to, so it's not just isolated to PC and the Ambassador program.

IMHO, no matter which program you pick, we're going to get screwed by some property or more out there.
There is no program that is immune from the problem of recognition or upgrading here or there. Every brand can have a notorious property that is frequently non compliant.
I agree
The facts are different in this case I see here.
Some of their best IC hotels are basically saying/stating something very different to loyal PC Platinum Ambassador customers: We are going to refuse to upgrade you to an IC executive lounge and we are not going to consider the best available room in the house.
And a suite is totally out of the question or consideration.
If I hadn't heard it with my own two ears I would think a whole lot differently.
That is a lot different then what goes on at the average Hyatt Hilton or Starwood property as a top tier member.Its probably even a cut below the ever griped about Marriott program.
But Marriott at least defines their benefits more clearly.
Or for better words performs somewhat consistently as the t&c are written
Overall I see a huge room for both improvement and cooperation of the IHG hotels.
I agree and sympathize with the OP 100 %
The frustration of their customers seem to speak pretty clearly.I don't see it so much as a isolated case at all.
PC members work hard to earn their status and they should absolutely be recognized at the property level consistently a greater percentage of times.
The whole business culture in certain regions needs some dialogue too The them against us with a winner and a looser has got to go...........

I also think it really depends what your expecations are and what programs you have been in to make the right comparison.
Though if one remains fully satisfied that is great.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: some, * alliance, OW, ISIC,
Actually, its all stated in teh fine print

Hi all,

as i have stated in my previous postings before elsewhere, the loyalthy programme of Intercontinental Hotel group and Intercontinental Hotels are different to other brands.

For one, members of the Ambassador programme have to pay to join the loyalthy programme. Ie. and the upgrade is part of the package. No matter how much pro-Intercontinetal supporters may wish to say its the customers fault, its not as the t&c clearly state the upgrade benefit for all ambassador members and PC club Platinum members.

To not offer the upgrade and insist on creating dramas for the customer is tantamont to fraud as the customer paid for the consideration. In this case, its an upgrade to a room 1 category higher if it is available for sale. No options there. Its very clear and IC HQ has stated this to members and their franchised properties.

Here'e the problem. A lot of IC hotels and the ICH group properties are franchised. and ICH hotels are very easy to join as franchisee. As long as you got a suitable location, you can just put up the brand name and change sign boards, voila.... a HI or ICH property. the Loyalthy programme is not integrated into the property management which ICH group HQ has left to individual hotels. At starwood or hilton or hyatt, a rep from the HQ wil actually do a "ghost" visit to the property and audit services. It doesnt happen at ICH group and there is a lot of leeway for ICH individual properties to get away with many things.

THe recent compensation case cited in a thread is not really significant at 25 pounds and im guessing it most probably came out of the individual proerties account.(miscellaneous) and even then its probably not significant for the HQ to intercede if they ever did.

Probably the best advise is to stop utilising the ICH group and their franchised outlets. They are just money suckers. Out of all the chains, its probably the worst offender with more horror stories than other chains with little or no recourse.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Some of their best IC hotels are basically saying/stating something very different to loyal PC Platinum Ambassador customers: We are going to refuse to upgrade you to an IC executive lounge and we are not going to consider the best available room in the house.
And a suite is totally out of the question or consideration.
I think you are confusing two different things. The PC Plat benefits do not come into play at IC brand properties except for a one-class upgrade, but not to suites or Club level. AMBASSADOR upgrade is similar as a one-class upgrade, plus other amenities [fruit, water, gift, movie]. ROYAL AMBASSADOR is generally to a suite, but not necessarily to a Club level unless you have paid for it. There is no guarantee of a Club level upgrade in either program for PC Plats or AMBASSADORS/RAs though some ICs have been known to do this at their own discretion.

What we are complaining about is the inconsistency of PC Plat benefits which one is entitled to based on availability at check-in: Club level at CPs and Executive rooms at HIs. That's it, no suites, nothing more.

[Other than, we want an assurance that all rates bookable on the PC website clearly state that they do or do not earn PC points!]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.