Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you prepay - why dont you get pts immed?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
If you prepay - why dont you get pts immed?

ok - since im prepaying for my reservation with a no-out clause - why don't i receive my points immediately as well??

just wondering
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
cuz like the airlines they don´t want you arbitraging discounted rates for status and/or points, so the actual checkin is the triggering event.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:58 pm

But do the prepaid reserv. qualify for bonus points, and does one have to register separately for the 1,000 bonus points special?

Elli
Old Mar 31, 2005, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I am sure there are reasons that someone might get out of a prepaid. Rare, but possible. And, as far as their system is concerned, the transaction is still open, until you check out.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:04 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by Elli
But do the prepaid reserv. qualify for bonus points, and does one have to register separately for the 1,000 bonus points special?

Elli
Prepaid do qualify for bonus points. I've gotten them before.

Which 1,000 bonus points special? The one ended in Feb. or the one ongoing?
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:21 pm

Thanks for your reply, goingsomewhere. I was talking about the current promotion. I did book the first reserv. on the correct site, but the second one I just used the regular priorityclub site by mistake, couldn't change it because it was prepaid. I'll wait and see if I get bonus points on both reservations.

Elli
Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:46 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by Elli
Thanks for your reply, goingsomewhere. I was talking about the current promotion. I did book the first reserv. on the correct site, but the second one I just used the regular priorityclub site by mistake, couldn't change it because it was prepaid. I'll wait and see if I get bonus points on both reservations.

Elli
I think you might be out of luck...

With the current one, it's not a register-type promo.

I believe you have to go the correct site before getting the following #:

IATA#: 99609635

With the above #, that should work in getting the bonus points. Although, some here are reporting that even though they went thru the correct site, they haven't received any bonuses when their stays posted.

Someone here said they inquired with the PC people about missing bonuses, and the PC people asked for a snapshot, or printout.

So, you might want to do a printout of the above # before searching for the rates because the number disappears on my searches past that point when booking stays.

It doesn't hurt to ask for credit after a stay if you didn't get the bonus. But, be prepared they might say no.

Last edited by goingsomewhere; Mar 31, 2005 at 7:47 pm Reason: Add on
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:09 pm

I did see the correct IATA # when I started booked the first reservation, but when I printed it out, the number does not appear anywhere. I will phone Priority Club if the bonus points don't post. Thanks again.

Elli

P.S. I also previously printed the page separately where the IATA # appears. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Elli; Mar 31, 2005 at 8:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.