Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Bath

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Hotel Indigo Bath

I had an extra night in the UK on a recent trip from LA, so I was looking for something convenient to LHR, but still unique and new to me. I was torn between Bristol and Bath, and ultimately decided on Bath, in part because of how close the Indigo was to the train station. I ended up heading to Bristol for the evening after checking in, while I explored Bath on the following morning.

The hotel is in a very unique Georgian Terrace, with rooms inside the main building and also underground vaulted rooms beneath the sidewalk around the perimeter of the building. I booked a standard king and was upgraded as Platinum to an underground vaulted king. The welcome amenity was two well drinks at the bar, which actually had a very diverse and interesting cocktail menu. The underground room was one of more unique experiences I have had in an IHG hotel and I highly recommend it if you are in the area.

The location is perfect for exploring the sights of Bath, and only a five minute walk to the station, with Bristol and Cardiff within easy reach.

*Unfortunately, searching for "Indigo Bath" was not of much use for me, for obvious reasons. If there is already a thread, please move accordingly.*

Lobby

Underground Vaulted King

Pathway to underground rooms

\"Underground" hallway

Breakfast spread

Eggs Royale

HadesNL, demue, TGLoyalty and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
I have stayed in one of the underground suites in the same section of the hotel. I would caution that they are immediately below the pavement above and become incredibly noisy from about 6am when traffic and street sweeping starts above. Absolutely not recommended if you are a light sleeper, I had a terrible night's sleep. As a Suite it was a bit pants too as the separate room effectively only contained a wardrobe and a single chair, but the bedroom and bathroom part were significantly larger than those in your pics.

The restaurant at the hotel is also very good and seemingly becoming an Indigo feature along with the Indigo's at Exeter and Stratford upon Avon.
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Honestly, the bedroom felt much larger than it looks in the picture. As for the noise, I suppose that would depend on which street you are on. There is almost no traffic on S Parade or Duke St, which is where my room was.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by downinit
Honestly, the bedroom felt much larger than it looks in the picture. As for the noise, I suppose that would depend on which street you are on. There is almost no traffic on S Parade or Duke St, which is where my room was.
Aren't all the underground rooms in the same place?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.