Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25 Food & Beverage Voucher replace RA Minibar benefit in 2024

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Urby38
I think we all royal ambassadors should write Emails and complain about that...only if we do thst all together we can change something....i will do so for sure the next days and can also post my email here ..

Regard from germany Mathias
I emailed Ambassador Services already a few days ago to indicate how distressing this new RA change is... Zero response after 72 hours
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I emailed Ambassador Services already a few days ago to indicate how distressing this new RA change is... Zero response after 72 hours
The Ambassador service is based in Manila and probably not the best place to email. A mailing address would be more effective. I wonder if there's anybody who has a person we can direct our email or a physical mailing address
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IC RA, Hilton Gold etc
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Same here at Bordeaux, where I was surprised to receive a letter at check-in where I was informed that EUR45 discount for minibar was still valid.
Same here at the IC Bkk..200 USD minibar credit is still on
Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by Mister D
Same here at the IC Bkk..200 USD minibar credit is still on
Same at IC Cancun!
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:36 pm

Same at IC Cancun!
For now...until accounting gets kickback for billing RA MiniBar charges to IHG Corporate and that Master Account is outstanding.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:12 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Uh oh I feel you.🤷‍♂️
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:49 pm

Same at IC Cancun!
Same at IC Washington DC The Wharf tonight...
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 5:53 am

I've talked to several management members at IHG about this change. Apparently, this change is quite popular with RA. RA doesn't mind the loss of the Minibar benefit. The feedback that they received is that RA gets 500USD to spend, and it lowers the cost in administering the programme. It's a win-win.

If RA think otherwise, you may want to write to Heather, the chief customer officer, in charge of leading this charge, at the following email address.

heather dot balsley at ihg dot com
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:35 am

Same at IC Washington DC The Wharf tonight...
DC Wharf IC gave me the minibar benefit too this week. I expect communications to take a while to cascade to property staff of RA changes.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
IC PL front desk with eyes like kittens,

We are so sorry to inform you about the new IHG RA policy that minibar is not anymore inclusive ...

Me: "Yes thanks to intimate friends online i already know this, shall be using my F&B vouchers...."

Their face instantly perked up

Last edited by HadesNL; Feb 3, 2024 at 3:29 pm
Old Jan 19, 2024, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HadesNL
We are so sorry to inform you about the new IHG RA policy that minibar is not anymore inclusive ...
We are even more sorry. 😬

PS 1: As always, the InterContinental Park Lane is quick to implement measures that were only due to start on 1st February. 🙄

PS2 : the minibar, which was desperately empty, has surprisingly been refuelled since it is no longer free.🙄🙄
Richelieu, HadesNL and VaBeachGirl like this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Jan 19, 2024 at 1:17 pm
Old Jan 19, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: Diamond Inner Circle Royal Ambassador
I'll be checking into the IC Vienna tomorrow. Be interesting to see if the minibar benefit is still offered there.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IC RA, Hilton Gold etc
Originally Posted by Smythmeister
I'll be checking into the IC Vienna tomorrow. Be interesting to see if the minibar benefit is still offered there.
​at least 5 days ago the minibar credit was still offered
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Mister D
​at least 5 days ago the minibar credit was still offered
It's not explicitly mentioned. Scanning the QR for the RA benefits doesn't mention it either.

Though the fridge in the room is full of stuff.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Smythmeister
It's not explicitly mentioned. Scanning the QR for the RA benefits doesn't mention it either.

Though the fridge in the room is full of stuff.
Still free at IC Vienna. No monetary limit specifically. Just whatever is in the fridge we can have.

Red and white wine, beers, juices and cokes. As well as water and a few bottles of short drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.