Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Card not charged, but bill shows paid

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Card not charged, but bill shows paid

I stayed at an HIE in OKC last month. The bill shows that I paid: I see "#### ####YY/MM", where the first #### is a number I don't recognize, and the ####YY/MM is my card last 4 and expiration date. But it never showed on my card. I've checked my other cards, but not seeing the charge there either. I contacted the hotel, who said they sent me my folio twice (never saw it, either by mail or email), and that I "might need to contact [my] bank".

This was a work trip, so I was reimbursed for the hotel. If it were a personal trip, I'd let it go (and pay whenever they got around to it), but need to return the money to my employer at some point.

Any other avenues I should take to resolve this? General customer service contact?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Surely it’s not your employer that’s out of pocket?
Old Nov 26, 2023, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keefy-boy
Surely it’s not your employer that’s out of pocket?
Right now, my employer is out of pocket because they've reimbursed me for the expense. But since I didn't incur the expense, I feel unethical keeping the money.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
Right now, my employer is out of pocket because they've reimbursed me for the expense. But since I didn't incur the expense, I feel unethical keeping the money.
I understand your discomfort and would also be uncomfortable. I recommend discussing it with your manager and also possibly with your accounting department. Ask them for guidance on what to do. You haven't done anything wrong nor did you try to bend the rules of the company expense policy. It is just an unusual boundary case where you implicitly still have liability for a business expense even thought it hasn't been actually billed yet.

--Jon
Old Nov 27, 2023, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
I would set it aside and not spend it. In all likelihood you will eventually be charged. You dont want to give it back and then try and get it back again. I would wait 4-6 months and if its not charged then have the discussion
:D! likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

For closure: the charge finally hit, a little over 2 months after checkout.
HadesNL likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.