Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will IHG ever have adjustable beds and sleep numbers?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2023, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Will IHG ever have adjustable beds and sleep numbers?

At this day and age, very very few hotels have them.

I got an adjustable bed last year and despite the price, I don't regret it one bit.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Do you mean electrically adjustable beds ?
if so the IC Berlin have them in disabled rooms but not in any others including presidential suite
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:21 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by hikouki
I got an adjustable bed last year and despite the price, I don't regret it one bit.
I think you answered your own question there ;-)
Old Nov 19, 2023, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by dw
I think you answered your own question there ;-)
I stayed at a refurbished IC and the window shades and curtains are controlled from the side of the bead and so is the aircon. That takes some electrician work. Many hotels seem to have this but not adjustable beds.

How many homes nowadays have adjustable beds vs remote controlled amenities bedside?
Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:15 pm

He's referring to adjustable softness beds, and no, I doubt it'll appear unless Sleep Number is trying to market them via the hotel. Just another thing to break, especially as guests would be playing with it constantly.
Old Nov 19, 2023, 2:19 pm

I hope not. We stayed in a hotel once that had them. I was excited to try it because someone we know has one and raved about it, and we were considering getting one. Turned out the remote on my side of the bed was malfunctioning and would only increase the firmness, not decrease it. A Sleep Number bed set to 100 is very uncomfortable! That experience convinced me that I absolutely do not want one. I work with technology all day and have enough troubleshooting to do when I'm awake. The last thing I want to do when I'm tired and ready to sleep is try to figure out why the bed isn't working. 😝
Old Nov 19, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Will one of the thousands of IHG properties ever have one? Maybe. Will it become required across all 19 brands? No

It would be an expensive amenity that most people don't care about or for, and one that is prone to breaking constantly.

Radisson piloted this 15 years ago.... It did not stick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.