Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2023, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal [Master Thread]

InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal now has its internet page on ihg.com.

Bookings are not yet open.

Confusingly, current internet page indicates the following:
Does InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal have a restaurant on site?
No, there is no on site restaurant at InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal.

Does InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal have a pool?
No, InterContinental Chantilly - Chateau Mont Royal does not have a pool.

However, the hotel does have an indoor swimming pool and its Opera restaurant by Benoist Rambaud is renowned.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, weird. Maybe no one bothered to properly update or fact check the website info. Nice place from the looks though and they better have awesome pastisserie with plenty of said creme having "Chantilly" in the name of the hotel after all .
Old Oct 4, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hyatt had a Chantilly property that left last year. Chantilly was great, and the hotel was a steal on points.

Wonder what the pricing of this place will be. I'd definitely go back.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 9:01 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Quoting Jackie Hoffman: Fancy Schmanzy !
Old Oct 6, 2023, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Hyatt had a Chantilly property that left last year. Chantilly was great, and the hotel was a steal on points.

Wonder what the pricing of this place will be. I'd definitely go back.
This hotel used to be bookable via Hyatt also, when it was a SLH. Hyatt lost 2 properties in Chantilly area within 1 year.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hotel accepts reservation 15th July onwards

HadesNL, davidw70 and Atacama40 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I'm struggling position where this is Nicholas? Can you give this islander some basic geography on this one please?

I ask as we are thinking about a French driving loop mid year. This could be a nice component.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Atacama40
I'm struggling position where this is Nicholas? Can you give this islander some basic geography on this one please?.
Surrounded by Chantilly Forest, the elegant town of 10,863 inhabitants (2017) falls within the metropolitan area of Paris. It lies 38.4 km (23.9 miles) north-northeast of the centre of Paris and together with six neighbouring communes forms an urban area of 37,254 inhabitants (2018).

Spoiler

The hotel on Google Maps
EmeraldLady, Atacama40 and FLYGVA like this.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 5, 2024 at 10:10 am
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:32 am

Surrounded by Chantilly Forest, the elegant town of 10,863 inhabitants (2017) falls within the metropolitan area of Paris. It lies 38.4 km (23.9 miles) north-northeast of the centre of Paris and together with six neighbouring communes forms an urban area of 37,254 inhabitants (2018).
(...)
Perfect. Many thanks for the steer Nicholas. Understand fully where it is now and how to factor it into our travel plan. An interesting one and yet an odd add in some ways to the IC stable. Appreciate you taking the time

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 5, 2024 at 10:11 am Reason: edited quoted picturesbout of post
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Perfect. Many thanks for the steer Nicholas. Understand fully where it is now and how to factor it into our travel plan. An interesting one and yet an odd add in some ways to the IC stable. Appreciate you taking the time
You're very welcome.

Chantilly is very popular with Parisians for an elegant, green break less than an hour from Paris.

What's more, its proximity to CDG also makes it a popular seminar venue for international companies (which makes sense for the InterContinental brand).

The Capgemini Group's global seminar and training centre (open to other companies) is also located in Chantilly district, as well as Châteauform' Le Palais Abbatial de Royaumont.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:35 am

You're very welcome.

Chantilly is very popular with Parisians for an elegant, green break less than an hour from Paris.

What's more, its proximity to CDG also makes it a popular seminar venue for international companies (which makes sense for the InterContinental brand).

The Capgemini Group's global seminar and training centre (open to other companies) is also located in Chantilly district, as well as Châteauform' Le Palais Abbatial de Royaumont.
Makes sense. And weirdly. now I know why the name rang a bell somewhere deep ... I have indeed been to the Cap location in past. I think it's age creeping in. ....again
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Seems like no king beds until jr suite A deal breaker for us although I loved Chantilly
Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
And famous of certain Mr. J. Bond...,
Actually his third incarnation

A view to Kill with the enigmatic May Day (portrayed by Grace Jones)
May Day : https://www.007.com/focus-week-may-day/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_View_to_a_Kill
nicolas75, FLYGVA and Atacama40 like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jan 5, 2024 at 11:09 am Reason: classic era Bond villainess explaination
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:16 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I hate to be the bad guy, but the post by nicolas75 upthread is very informative, though not directly related to the hotel. In addition the larger pictures took some time to load. Therefore I used the spolier function to make a compromise between additional information and not directly related content. So those interested in the content could click on spolier while those not have the possibility to skip this part.

Please keep in mind, that not everybody has a decent data plan and / or a good data connection and larger pictures takte some time to load.

Thank you
FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
I hate to be the bad guy, but the post by nicolas75 upthread is very informative, though not directly related to the hotel.
FLYGVA is our May Day 😂😂
HadesNL, FLYGVA and Atacama40 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.